Mdvivori

Time to Embassy Interview in Manila after NVC forwarded my Case to Embassy

68 posts in this topic

Today my wife received the “Welcome Letter” for her IR1 Immigrant Visa.  However when she tried to login she was unable to.  She contacted the Help Desk at the Call Center and it turns out, at least according to the CSR that her 2 minor children require their own Email Addresses.  She was requested to Email the new Email Addresses to Support-Philippines@ustraveldocs.com along with photos of their Passports.

Of course we did this immediately, before they closed at 5PM for the day.  We were advised it could take from 3 days to 2 weeks.

Out of curiosity I also checked online with NVC and both children still show at NVC, not yet “In Transit”.  

So I think it’s great news that she received the Email letter today but I’m still concerned that the Children are still at NVC despite being DQ’d.  

Additionally, the letter states that the children, derivative beneficiaries, do not require an in person interview nor will they be allowed entry.  Is that normal and customary?  I thought I had read that children attend but are not questioned.  ???

15 hours ago, Mdvivori said:

Today my wife received the “Welcome Letter” for her IR1 Immigrant Visa.  However when she tried to login she was unable to.  She contacted the Help Desk at the Call Center and it turns out, at least according to the CSR that her 2 minor children require their own Email Addresses.  She was requested to Email the new Email Addresses to Support-Philippines@ustraveldocs.com along with photos of their Passports.

Of course we did this immediately, before they closed at 5PM for the day.  We were advised it could take from 3 days to 2 weeks.

Out of curiosity I also checked online with NVC and both children still show at NVC, not yet “In Transit”.  

So I think it’s great news that she received the Email letter today but I’m still concerned that the Children are still at NVC despite being DQ’d.  

Additionally, the letter states that the children, derivative beneficiaries, do not require an in person interview nor will they be allowed entry.  Is that normal and customary?  I thought I had read that children attend but are not questioned.  ???

Wait did you schedule your wife's interview or NVC/embassy did?

I'm hoping that the kids status will be ready too so that way maybe she can go with them all together.

It's good to bring them for interview just in case even though the letter states otherwise.

It will be double the hassle to leave them.

1 hour ago, Mary Bernard said:

I'm hoping that the kids status will be ready too so that way maybe she can go with them all together.

It's good to bring them for interview just in case even though the letter states otherwise.

It will be double the hassle to leave them.

My concern would be,,,  if mom is expedited and "Ready" at the Embassy but the kids are documentarily qualified but still stuck "At NVC"..... are the kids expedited as well???   Of course one would hope they are, but the Embassy is not perfect and absent notification or evidence that the kids ARE expedited too, I would be questioning that or at least pre-emptively requesting they specifically be expedited on a case by case basis.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Mary, top_secret, Chancy my wife received an Email from  IVManilla@state.Gov inviting her to schedule har interview but was unable to.  After calling the Help Desk which was listed on the Email she was asked to Email Individual Email Addresses for each of her 2 in or children to support-traveldocs@ustraveldocs.Com which we did immediately.  They said it could take up to 2 weeks.

We also followed Chance’s advice and contacted the Embassy directly at https://ph.U.S.embassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/  requesting that the children be merged.

I’m hoping this finally merges my wife and children.  Thoughts

again, many thanks for all of the expert help from you guys

6 hours ago, Mdvivori said:

I’m hoping this finally merges my wife and children.  Thoughts

I'd speculate that the kids being left behind is probably the issue preventing mom from schedulling her interview even though the embassy told her that she could.  Getting the kids caught up with mom up is undobtably the correct solution.  Hopefully you bringing it to the attention of the embassy will get it straitened out soon.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

I hope so.  What I should have said though was I requested the Embassy to “Expedite” the children, not merge.  

I’ll keep everyone abreast as we are hopefully nearing an end to this process.  If you don’t know the story here, I caused the problem with my stepchildren being left behind.  I won’t bore you with all the details but I thought they were included when I initially filed my wife’s I-130.  It was exactly a year later when I filed for the children on 06/30/22.  So the children have gone from their I-130 filed on 06/30/2022 to being DQ’d in less than 6 months even with a 30 day delay due to a nonsensical request for a previously filed document.  It was my tax return which was scanned for both children but NVC said one page was “Smudged” for one of the children.  Strange bc it was uploaded for both at the same time.  Anyway,  until then, they seemed to be moving everything along with a note from my Senator.  The website that Chancy directed me to is custom made for these types of issues.  I only wish I had known of it before.  Of course I also wishi hadn’t made the boneheaded error to start with.

Got a similar situation. Filed F2A when i was a GC holder for my wife and 10 year old daughter back in 2019 DQed in 2020 but because of covid got stock since then. Fast forward to  2022 i became a citizen petition upgraded to IR1 and I immediately filed new petition for my 10 year daughter last October ‘22. January 9 got email from NVC case was expedited and file already in USEM manila and waiting for interview schedule. I was also hoping it will be for both of them. 

3 hours ago, laufers said:

Got a similar situation. Filed F2A when i was a GC holder for my wife and 10 year old daughter back in 2019 DQed in 2020 but because of covid got stock since then. Fast forward to  2022 i became a citizen petition upgraded to IR1 and I immediately filed new petition for my 10 year daughter last October ‘22. January 9 got email from NVC case was expedited and file already in USEM manila and waiting for interview schedule. I was also hoping it will be for both of them. 

I got email from manila embassy that appointment scheduling should be done online via ustraveldocs.

I went online to schedule n case couldn't be found. And then I called the embassy that does scheduling and they escalated my case to schedule interview

I'll update you

Hi mary bernard, have you gotten the welcome email from the embassy? I'm in the same boat where I also got expedited, with my case now 'ready' on CEAC, but when I try to schedule on ustraveldocs it's always 'case not found.' When did you get DQd? 

13 hours ago, Mary Bernard said:

I got email from manila embassy that appointment scheduling should be done online via ustraveldocs.

I went online to schedule n case couldn't be found. And then I called the embassy that does scheduling and they escalated my case to schedule interview

I'll update you

Ok good. We are waiting for that email too appointment scheduling.  Now I’m just waiting for my daughter separate I-130 to be approved. Hopefully she will be here at the end of the year. If my wife pass the interview my 10 yr old will be left behind and that makes me sad. 

4 hours ago, Mpowie said:

Hi mary bernard, have you gotten the welcome email from the embassy? I'm in the same boat where I also got expedited, with my case now 'ready' on CEAC, but when I try to schedule on ustraveldocs it's always 'case not found.' When did you get DQd? 

So far no welcome email

Documentarily Qualified December 2020

Priority Date May 2019

Case F2A

2 hours ago, laufers said:

Ok good. We are waiting for that email too appointment scheduling.  Now I’m just waiting for my daughter separate I-130 to be approved. Hopefully she will be here at the end of the year. If my wife pass the interview my 10 yr old will be left behind and that makes me sad. 

Aww try expedite your daughter's case so that they can interview together.

State that your 10 year old will travel alone 

18 hours ago, Mary Bernard said:

Aww try expedite your daughter's case so that they can interview together.

State that your 10 year old will travel alone 

As soon as i became a citizen the category changed to immediate relatives. As per advised by Uscis i need to file new I130 form that's why i informed my wife if she will be asked during her interview to tell the officer that I filed a new form and the case is connected something like that.   🙏

I asked USEM to Expedite my 2 stepchildren, as Chancy suggested, so that my wife could go ahead and interview at the Embassy as they wrote to her on Feb 1, saying she was good to go to schedule her interview.  Unfortunately she wasn’t able to schedule an interview bc the Help Desk at the Embassy said the children needed their own Email addresses.  Anyway, today the Embassy Emailed a response that I needed to contact the NVC because the children’s paperwork was still at NVC.  I thought the Embassy told NVC when they were ready for a certain number ofInterviews.  Should I wait to see what happens with the Embassy after they process the new Email addresses or contact the NVC again?

6 hours ago, Mdvivori said:

I asked USEM to Expedite my 2 stepchildren, as Chancy suggested, so that my wife could go ahead and interview at the Embassy as they wrote to her on Feb 1, saying she was good to go to schedule her interview.  Unfortunately she wasn’t able to schedule an interview bc the Help Desk at the Embassy said the children needed their own Email addresses.  Anyway, today the Embassy Emailed a response that I needed to contact the NVC because the children’s paperwork was still at NVC.  I thought the Embassy told NVC when they were ready for a certain number ofInterviews.  Should I wait to see what happens with the Embassy after they process the new Email addresses or contact the NVC again?

Request an expedite asap with NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.