Danny84

Estimate wait time for visa after i30

14 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Danny84 said:

Can anybody please help me with wait times for your visa after I130 has been processed.

Have you and your spouse completed the NVC stage yet?  If so, has your spouse completed the visa interview yet?  No visa will be issued until after the interview.

8 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Have you and your spouse completed the NVC stage yet?  If so, has your spouse completed the visa interview yet?  No visa will be issued until after the interview.

I guess a better question what is the total estimate visa timeline from the beginning for couple filing an i130? thank you!

2 minutes ago, Danny84 said:

what is the total estimate visa timeline from the beginning for couple filing an i130?

Around 2.5+ years for a beneficiary interviewing in Mexico --

• I-130 processing at USCIS -- around 1 year
  • NVC review -- currently around 1 month, from the time you submit all requirements
  • Wait time for interview slot at the consulate in Juarez (CDJ), where your spouse will interview -- currently around 1.5 years after being Documentarily Qualified (DQ) at NVC
  • From interview to visa issuance -- depends on the case

9 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Around 2.5+ years for a beneficiary interviewing in Mexico --

• I-130 processing at USCIS -- around 1 year
  • NVC review -- currently around 1 month, from the time you submit all requirements
  • Wait time for interview slot at the consulate in Juarez (CDJ), where your spouse will interview -- currently around 1.5 years after being Documentarily Qualified (DQ) at NVC
  • From interview to visa issuance -- depends on the case

thank you - where are you getting these estimates? 

appreciate your help

1 minute ago, Danny84 said:

where are you getting these estimates?

USCIS processing estimates -- https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

NVC review timeframe -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

CDJ interview wait time -- from updates from other VJ members in tracking threads like https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/745299-ciudad-juarez-interviews/?do=findComment&comment=10782523

Just now, Danny84 said:

do you know visa wait times if you get marrierd her in the us ?

Doesn't matter where you get married.  If she's in Mexico now, those are the current estimates to get a spouse visa.

22 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Doesn't matter where you get married.  If she's in Mexico now, those are the current estimates to get a spouse visa.

that’s so strange.. on the timeline forum i saw people completing their visa process in 1 year from méxico. i can’t believe how long it takes ….

2 minutes ago, Danny84 said:

that’s so strange.. on the timeline forum i saw people completing their visa process in 1 year from méxico. i can’t believe how long it takes ….

Which timeline forum are you referring to? 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Just now, Danny84 said:

mexico cr1 timeline. i really appreciate you responding .. did you go through this process ?

Do you mean the timelines here on VisaJourney? 

Yes, I went through the process, but 3,5 years ago and I am not from Mexico. 
The best advice that I can give you is to just take it as it comes. Other people’s timelines are not a prediction for your case’s timeline, even for the same country, because everybody’s case is different. Don’t try to make plans because immigration has its own timelines. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

19 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

Do you mean the timelines here on VisaJourney? 

Yes, I went through the process, but 3,5 years ago and I am not from Mexico. 
The best advice that I can give you is to just take it as it comes. Other people’s timelines are not a prediction for your case’s timeline, even for the same country, because everybody’s case is different. Don’t try to make plans because immigration has its own timelines. 

thank you.

2 hours ago, Danny84 said:

Haven't seen spousal visas processed that quickly for many years.

You should do some reading about the overall process, as the petition phase is only one part of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.