AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Did they just update the processing times to 16.5 months contradicting all the data and progress we're witnessing?!?! https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Makes me think this is just to push all the inquiry dates back. My inquiry date was July, now it's August.

It's definitely because they are taking longer to adjudicate all cases from a month. All one can do is hope they are not in the last ~25% of cases closed

2 minutes ago, AndiB said:

That would be my guess but also really strange considering it seemed at worse 80% was 15-15.5 months??? Really depressing to see though

I think it's just because before they had a small spread of months they were working on which meant about all cases took roughly the same amount of time. Now that some cases take 17-18 months it probably brings the average way up if 75% lets say still takes 14-15 months to adjudicate but another 25% takes 18. Idk if that made sense lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah, I agree we shouldn't worry too much as long as we see daily progress. But it's just weird. I guess we were all expecting it to go down seeing the numbers we're seeing?

They say this is based on the time they took to process 80% of the cases for the past six months but makes no sense to me. The only reason I can think of is the inquiry date seeing November filers would be able to inquire in about 2 weeks and now it pushed them back 1 more month and that would be about 500 more angry people inquiring about their case. Let's hope we are not one of those unlucky ones :(

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

3 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

I think it's just because before they had a small spread of months they were working on which meant about all cases took roughly the same amount of time. Now that some cases take 17-18 months it probably brings the average way up if 75% lets say still takes 14-15 months to adjudicate but another 25% takes 18. Idk if that made sense lol

I think their numbers only go off 80% though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, FromMexico W/Love said:

I think their numbers only go off 80% though.

Was going to say this

The last 20% has always been expendable to USCIS because of this which is why focus really shifts once they hit about 80% of a month. I thought 80% was still getting sorted in 15-15.5 months. The last 20% are looking at longer yes but that's always been true

Just now, ChiuA said:

It makes no sense this especially:

image.png.e26a4101cc9df2794b41733da5197182.png

If they're on March...Im so confused.

That's NVC not USCIS NOA2

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ChiuA said:

If they're on March...Im so confused.

This is NVC, USCIS takes a few weeks to send the cases, these March 3rd cases are probably December or early January NOA2s they just received.

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

I think the numbers went up because of what they did in 2021/2022. 

I don't think the estimate going up impacts what we see on a daily basis. I mean they have processed 3,500 cases so far in March, and they did 3,800 in Feb. But they probably wont report on these numbers for a long time. 

Edited by FromMexico W/Love

What Does the Processing Time Mean and How Is It Calculated?
The processing time displayed on the USCIS website is the amount of time it took us to complete 80% of adjudicated cases over the last six months. Processing time is defined as the number of days (or months) that have elapsed between the date USCIS received an application, petition, or request and the date USCIS completed the application, petition, or request (that is, approved or denied it) in a given six-month period.

For example, if we received a Form N‑400 on Jan. 24, 2022, and completed adjudication of the application on March 5, 2022, then the processing time for that specific application is 41 days. This calculation is done for every Form N‑400 we completed in March 2022 and the five months prior to March 2022 (a six-month period).

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info

2 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

Beautiful thanks for finding 

The processing time displayed on the USCIS website is the amount of time it took us to complete 80% of adjudicated cases over the last six months. Processing time is defined as the number of days (or months) that have elapsed between the date USCIS received an application, petition, or request and the date USCIS completed the application, petition, or request (that is, approved or denied it) in a given six-month period.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, New Romantics said:

This makes so much more sense. We have seen mass improvement in the last 2-3 months so if they are counting from 6 months ago, I can see where the whole 16.5 month estimate comes into play. We shouldn’t lose hope. The proof is in the numbers! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.