AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, AndiB said:

Are you looking at 2021 or 2022?
Majority of Aug and Sept cases should now be Approved, denied, RFE or withdrawn. Oct is at about 50% now with some cases in Nov done too

Yup. Here's the current balance.

NOV21 2713
OCT21 1166
SEP21 551
AUG21 125

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

2021. If you run the numbers in 500 increments most of the results says case received. Unless you have other ways to check it. 

C8D72C23-A798-4641-91FC-A16D7D987A89.png

Your screenshot is November. They're still in Oct and only 50% way through. There's still sept and aug not done

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Just now, Lynxyonok said:

A decline of new applications...

That's heartbreaking.

Agreed. It's pretty sad. I think a lot of people are going with the spousal visa instead but I don't think the number of people wanting to get married has changed overall. I wonder if this will increase spousal visa wait times.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

Does anyone know how many cases are left untouched up until the end of fiscal year 2022 (end of Sept 2022)?

Untouched - no.

Unprocessed (so, potentially sitting with an active RFE or a Name/Date of Birth change) - 55,425, or about 22.5 months' worth.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

Agreed. It's pretty sad. I think a lot of people are going with the spousal visa instead but I don't think the number of people wanting to get married has changed overall. I wonder if this will increase spousal visa wait times.

I can't separate spousal visas from those for relatives (as relative visas are much longer than spousal), but overall I-130 wait is over 3 years as of September 30, 2022.

I don't have October data, but in November there was another week of waiting added: those filing today have 3 years and 1 1/2 weeks to wait.

1 minute ago, Lynxyonok said:

Untouched - no.

Unprocessed (so, potentially sitting with an active RFE or a Name/Date of Birth change) - 55,425, or about 22.5 months' worth.

Are you basing this on their last update on their website? I saw that but was wondering if we have a current one. From my rough estimations it seems like the number should be about 8000-9000 lower now (about a quarter's worth + January) but was wondering if we have any updated numbers. I guess we will have to wait for their website to update.

1 minute ago, Lynxyonok said:

I can't separate spousal visas from those for relatives (as relative visas are much longer than spousal), but overall I-130 wait is over 3 years as of September 30, 2022.

I don't have October data, but in November there was another week of waiting added: those filing today have 3 years and 1 1/2 weeks to wait.

This is the reason I'm sticking with the K1. May be rough but I feel like it's somehow more predictable

Timeline
Just now, New Romantics said:

Are you basing this on their last update on their website? I saw that but was wondering if we have a current one. From my rough estimations it seems like the number should be about 8000-9000 lower now (about a quarter's worth + January) but was wondering if we have any updated numbers. I guess we will have to wait for their website to update.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/data/Quarterly_All_Forms_FY2022_Q4.pdf

That data is by now almost 4 months out-of-date. I estimate the next report to be out mid-February, covering October - December, 2022, and showing 16 months of processing time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/data/Quarterly_All_Forms_FY2022_Q4.pdf

That data is by now almost 4 months out-of-date. I estimate the next report to be out mid-February, covering October - December, 2022, and showing 16 months of processing time.

That dat is by now almost 4 months out-of-date. I estimate the next report to be out mid-February, covering October - December, 2022, and showing 16 months of processing time.

Do you have the data up to June 2022 only? Apologized for multiple quote

Edited by GinoNiña

2 hours ago, New Romantics said:

This is the reason I'm sticking with the K1. May be rough but I feel like it's somehow more predictable

Yup, i think it is, and given the trends its more likely to pick up speed than the spousal visa. And since you've already started the process for k-1 might as well stick with it rather than starting over

Timeline
3 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

Do you have the data up to June 2022 only? Apologized for multiple quote

I stopped precise case count mid-May 2022. But that should be enough for you as well (you're 2.5 weeks ahead of me).

4 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

People who filed on October 2021, they have wac22. Uscis uses fiscal year not calendar year. Please have somebody explain to this op

I'm sure they know. Please play nice :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

I stopped precise case count mid-May 2022. But that should be enough for you as well (you're 2.5 weeks ahead of me).

I'm sure they know. Please play nice :)

Thanks. 

Please play nice :) He is trying to correct me and I have zero teaching skills. and getting impatient at  the same time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.