AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, AndiB said:

that's been some of the RFEs? I've seen forms giving examples of how to prove relationship and included wedding plans. How you plan a wedding on a visa that takes ??? time?!

Also seen a lot of denials cause people haven't met or didn't meet the financial req.

Another one, prove that her friends and parents are aware of you and consent of your union.

9 minutes ago, AndiB said:

I wouldn't look at a single quarter, engagements and applications will not be uniform, like decembers numbers are 500-700 which will result in a lower quarter than summer for instance. If you average over the year, we have about 900/week which is higher than I thought but also lower than yours.

RFEs do seem to be increasing, there used be a lot fewer. I imagine it may be a mix of all the new staff being unsure and also I've seen a lot of people getting them for proving they met in last 2yrs. I think there were quite a few apps who thought COVID travel restrictions meant they could ignore the 2yr rule. RFE seems to be sitting at about 15% on ave right now but is trending upwards.

I have seen people online who got denied because they thought that the rule wouldn't apply because of covid so I wouldn't be surprised if that denial came after an RFE 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

I have seen people online who got denied because they thought that the rule wouldn't apply because of covid so I wouldn't be surprised if that denial came after an RFE 

Yup. Lots of people don't read the basic reqs. I've seen people go through whole process only to find at end they don't meet financial req so have to drop the app. 

I think may also be because if you honestly 100% couldn't meet because of covid, which can be the case they'll allow it but most of these cases there was an option, like a third country. They also have option to wait until they can find a way to meet, marry (online) and it's odd to not have seen your partner for 2yrs. I know people have different situations but it is a lil wild

3 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

How do you even prove this? 🤔

we're not even officially engaged yet 🙀

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AndiB said:

Yup. Lots of people don't read the basic reqs. I've seen people go through whole process only to find at end they don't meet financial req so have to drop the app. 

I think may also be because if you honestly 100% couldn't meet because of covid, which can be the case they'll allow it but most of these cases there was an option, like a third country. They also have option to wait until they can find a way to meet, marry (online) and it's odd to not have seen your partner for 2yrs. I know people have different situations but it is a lil wild

Because, let's face it, we've been spoiled. We can run any report in seconds, we can marry in 15 minutes online, we can drive to another state with no one caring.

The entire concept of slow, drawn-out immigration paperwork is firmly outside of the paradigm of an average American.

I'm looking back at myself a year ago just starting this journey and I am puzzled how did they even allow me on USCIS website to begin with. :D 

Timeline
Just now, Lynxyonok said:

Because, let's face it, we've been spoiled. We can run any report in seconds, we can marry in 15 minutes online, we can drive to another state with no one caring.

The entire concept of slow, drawn-out immigration paperwork is firmly outside of the paradigm of an average American.

I'm looking back at myself a year ago just starting this journey and I am puzzled how did they even allow me on USCIS website to begin with. :D 

as the foreigner in this relationship I have been amazed at how easy things for y'all is. Even getting paperwork my partner could just rock up, ask for it and got it. In my home country, you camp out for the day and pray. UK, months to a year and a lot of hassle.

NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AndiB said:

I'm beating myself up because my fiance and I went back and forth on here vs Brazil, and if we had just stuck with the original plan (which we returned to now) we would've already been through the process.

4 minutes ago, AndiB said:

as the foreigner in this relationship I have been amazed at how easy things for y'all is. Even getting paperwork my partner could just rock up, ask for it and got it. In my home country, you camp out for the day and pray. UK, months to a year and a lot of hassle.

Same here. With my background of always dealing with European bureaucracy I should have known better 😭😂

Timeline
1 minute ago, New Romantics said:

Same here. With my background of always dealing with European bureaucracy I should have known better 😭😂

my bf learning how complicated it all is has been entertaining. He's been trying to sort out if I'd be allowed to drive there, how long and which licences etc and he's just like WHY 🤣

---

2 minutes ago, Naterson said:
22 minutes ago, AndiB said:

I'm beating myself up because my fiance and I went back and forth on here vs Brazil, and if we had just stuck with the original plan (which we returned to now) we would've already been through the process.

Don't feel too bad. I could have also applied about 2-3 months before I did but I didn't because I didn't realize it mattered this much. Hindsight is 20/20

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naterson said:
23 minutes ago, AndiB said:

Looking back it'll be such a small fraction of your lives, it sucks now but it'll be okay long term

---

1 minute ago, AndiB said:

my bf learning how complicated it all is has been entertaining. He's been trying to sort out if I'd be allowed to drive there, how long and which licences etc and he's just like WHY 🤣

My american fiancé and his entire family were also like this. We applied while I was there and they'd see me hauling all the i129f papers around and printing stuff and they were like "wow you need all of that?" with a face of absolute disbelief. 😂 wait till you see what happens after this form!! 😭

Timeline
3 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

My american fiancé and his entire family were also like this. We applied while I was there and they'd see me hauling all the i129f papers around and printing stuff and they were like "wow you need all of that?" with a face of absolute disbelief. 😂 wait till you see what happens after this form!! 😭

And you're both so lucky you don't have to deal with Schengen. :D

4 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

And you're both so lucky you don't have to deal with Schengen. :D

Absolutely. This application is definitely hard or easy mode depending on how often you can see one another and who can travel. Wish it was easier for everyone who applied to visit the US

Wait nvm I misread your comment haha. But yes it's true. Schengen is bad immigration wise. I have witnessed that first-hand. Takes years and there is no way to know what's happening or what the wait times are. You just wait.

Edited by New Romantics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.