Purigorotta8

What to do after receiving NOA2?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

USCIS approved our K1 petition the end of October 2022, but I've yet to receive any letters in the mail. I emailed the NVC last month and I was informed that our petition is awaiting to inputted into the system before the NVC sends out a notification by mail. I have not yet received anything from the NVC yet and have emailed them again today for an update.

On another note, I just want to double check with you all in terms of what I need to do on my part and my Fiancé's part; As far as I know, I have to complete an I-134 affidavit support form. I do not work as I'm in nursing school, but have more than 3x the minimum amount required to support her. Would I have to make an appointment with a bank clerk to complete my I-134 form? How soon should I complete the I-134 form?

My fiancé in Vietnam would have to fill out the DS3025 form with a physician and get her vaccination record. How soon she do this? 

I'm just asking to that I can be ahead of the game. If there anything else I haven't mentioned while in the NOA2 phase, please let me know. Thanks

I-134 on assets only is tricky.  I had a little difficulty with that in 2018.  Bank clerk not required, bank statement history is.
In related news, an I864 on the same basis in 2012 went right through.  Expect to be grilled on that at the interview and I’d suggest a backup joint just in case.

The rest is straightforward upload of requested docs to NVC.

Your fiance will have to schedule a medical but it’s best to wait until closer to the interview, it starts a clock ticking and the beneficiary’s visa expires 6 months from that medical.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the vaccines can be taken at time of the interview

she should make sure she has copy of them for her own records

U say USCIS ,  when u get the notice with your new embassy case #,  check the following site for your embassy that lists needed documents for K1 

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/required-documents/

she also will need criminal reports from her birth country and other countries she lived in

In fact, you must provide a police certificate for each country where you lived for a period of six months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.