Living010

N-400 with pending I-751/Arrest /court case

39 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update... I got my 10 years GC today in the mail. But got an RFE requesting for the disposition of the arrest and how it was settled in order for them to proceed with N-400 review they gave me up to April 4th  to submit the request. My question is April 3rd is too close for me to complete my court case I saw on USCIS website that due to covid if they send request for evidence on or before January 3rd , 2023 it will automatically add additional 2 months : My question is

1. How do I add the additional 2 months

2. Should I just withdraw my N-400 ?

Examination of your N-400, Application for Naturalization, shows that additional information,
documents or forms are needed before your application can be acted upon. Please see attached
and respond by April 4, 2023.
Failure to do so may result in the denial of your application.
Submission of this information, however, does not guarantee that this case will be approved. We
strongly recommend that you submit all the requested information, documents, or forms as listed on
the following pages at one time and as soon as possible so that we can resume processing. Any
interim benefits that may otherwise stem from the filing of this application or petition will be delayed
while this case is in suspense awaiting your response.
If you choose to submit only some or none of the requested information, then the application will be
adjudicated on its merits. You may also request, in writing, to the Service that this application be
withdrawn. If the District Director consents to the withdrawal, the application will be denied without
further notice to you and without prejudice to any future application. If the District Director does not
consent to the withdrawal, then the application shall be adjudicated on its merits.
You must either mail all the requested information to the address shown in the attachment, or scan and
upload your response using your USCIS online account (if applicable) by April 3, 2023. Place a copy
of this entire letter on top of your response. Submission of evidence without this letter may delay
the processing of your case and could result in a denial.
Sincerely,

Wording is standard template…nothing is guaranteed but you know your in good shape post interview.

Your ISO even made sure to issue RFE before 1/24 so u can catch a break w 60 days more…so til June…but count physical days from April .

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-extends-covid-19-related-flexibilities-0

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is extending certain COVID-19-related flexibilities through Jan. 24, 2023, to assist applicants, petitioners, and requestors. Under these flexibilities, USCIS considers a response received within 60 calendar days after the due date set forth in the following requests or notices before taking any action, if the request or notice was issued between March 1, 2020, and Jan. 24, 2023, inclusive:

No need to withdraw, play it by ear and 2-3 days before June deadline send in a plea for additional time ( ask for 90 days example) stating traffic court calendar is back up and court anticipated date is xxx. , thus circumstances out of your control…If they grant it then you get more time , if they deny, no harm done.

@family you are amazing. And yes IO did as she promised. but she told me on that day of my interview that it is beyond her control otherwise she will proceed with approval but she  assured  me approval if I turn in the documents after she asked me if this was my first arrest.

My immigration lawyer said he also read criminal law and that he can handle the arrest case ... He called the prosecutor and they gave him appointment to see if he can settle the case asap. He collected a letter from my insurance company stating they have fixed the other driver car and uscis RF letter that he want to use them facilitate the case I pray everything work out for him as he planned.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update, My attorney called me today that he was able to plead with the Judge to reduce the driving too close citation to Ordinance Violations so that it won't affect my insurance or they won't report to DMV/DDS no point will be added to my license. Also, the Hit and Run citation to Duty to report the accident and that it won't suspend my license BUT  that they want me to pay a $600 fine and closed the case.  He said if I refused the offer and we loose in court I may face jail terms or higher fees plus license suspension for 6 months plus they will report to my DDS which will affect my insurance. He also said it won't affect my N-400 either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Congratulations. While I think the Duty to Report charge is unfair, everything is reduced to civil infraction and as your attorney says no bar to naturalize on your pending application.  Consider the unfair charge a lesson and move on.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.