Philus

Contract between households and sponsor

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I need a advice,my sponsor fill taxes with his wife jointly and now they are going through divorce proceedings in court and both of them are not in good terms also the income is based on my sponsor though he fill taxes jointly with the wife.now the embassy had requested my sponsor and the wife should sign i864A and now they are not in good terms.I need advice what should I do ?should I submit evidence about their divorce court proceedings and now they live DD601DCD-DBB8-4575-9FBF-83FD39E1733B.thumb.jpeg.4cb410df1988c4977cc39436773f62c5.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Do everything they say except the I-864a.  Submit a signed statement and evidence of divorce proceedings being filed, from your joint sponsor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 10 months later...
Timeline

@pushbrkSo I did exactly your advice dear friend by sending everything they requested and add the divorce proceedings and a letter from the sponsor that his ex wife can't sign because they are divorce and not in good terms more over the income is base on him but they came back now again this time updated tax transcript from sponsor and petioner and updated i864 and and if joint sponsor file taxes jointly sign i864a but this time my sponsor file his 22tax head of household excluding the ex this time on the tax transcript any advice have sent them am I go to be lucky to be issue?Any advice pls

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, Philus said:

@pushbrkSo I did exactly your advice dear friend by sending everything they requested and add the divorce proceedings and a letter from the sponsor that his ex wife can't sign because they are divorce and not in good terms more over the income is base on him but they came back now again this time updated tax transcript from sponsor and petioner and updated i864 and and if joint sponsor file taxes jointly sign i864a but this time my sponsor file his 22tax head of household excluding the ex this time on the tax transcript any advice have sent them am I go to be lucky to be issue?Any advice pls

I can't really follow what you are saying.  This is almost 11 months later, so I think you provided a new affidavit, with non-joint filed 2022 tax return and a statement the joint sponsor is now divorced or in divorce proceedings.  That should work fine if the sponsor is qualified.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Philus said:

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

I can't really follow what you are saying.  This is almost 11 months later, so I think you provided a new affidavit, with non-joint filed 2022 tax return and a statement the joint sponsor is now divorced or in divorce proceedings.  That should work fine if the sponsor is qualified.

Yes pls and this is the email i received

Greetings,
In order to continue with your immigrant visa case, please send the following items:

1. updated I-864 and tax transcripts from your petitioner

2. joint sponsor I-864 and tax transcript

3.  If the joint sponsor files their taxes with a spouse (joint filed), please also send a completed I-864A for the spouse.

4. The joint sponsor will also need to send proof of US Citizenship.
5. a current passport photo with name written on the back.

Timeline

@pushbrkI did send the letter explained and the divorce proceedings the first time they ask about the x wife to sign i864a so this time since my sponsor file tax as head of household excluding the ex wife I did not send the letter again hope they already has it my thought and it's been a week no movement on my case 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

@pushbrkHello so I just check my status and found out that my status have been updated twice 27 and today 29 and it has change from refuse to AP any advice what it means pls 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.