Jujusmom

How long does USCIS send receipt letter of I-751 after you send it?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
17 hours ago, Jujusmom said:

Hello! Thanks for sharing your timeline. I’m actually lurking on December 2022 filers yesterday and so far seeing majority has received their letters promptly. Hopefully it will be my case too. 

I’m 99% done with my application package and will just double check them before sending. I was thinking of sending them today if I can but also know that it will be a weekend holiday so don’t know if sending it today (and kind of rushing) will make a lot of difference. If I don’t send this today I’ll surely send it on January 3rd when they resume office. 

That's cool. Hopefully you get the letter real quick.

Hello to everyone who replied on this thread. I sent my ROC packet yesterday 1/3 via USPS Priority Express Mail 1-Day. The PO lady said guaranteed delivery is 1/4 at 6 pm (today) and that if it’s not delivered I come back and they will refund my payment. It’s already 4:41 pm as of writing this and my tracking still shows this. Guess it will not be there today. Anyone sent their packet through USPS Priority Express Mail? What’s your experience?AD5AB85D-F0CB-4769-9D58-EFE237C65555.thumb.png.e568a5f82d406d4344850bbea0d198b1.png

Has your package been marked as delivered yet? I’m in a similar situation. My greencard expires on March 10. I have a trip out of the country on the end of January, and I’m hoping that I will get my extension letter before then. They got my package on December 29th and cashed my money order on January 6th. It’s been 4 days since and I haven’t received anything. I really hope that I get it within the next few weeks before my flight

21 minutes ago, zeusteixeira said:

Has your package been marked as delivered yet? I’m in a similar situation. My greencard expires on March 10. I have a trip out of the country on the end of January, and I’m hoping that I will get my extension letter before then. They got my package on December 29th and cashed my money order on January 6th. It’s been 4 days since and I haven’t received anything. I really hope that I get it within the next few weeks before my flight

Hello! Yes it’s been delivered on 1/5. I got the text yesterday 1/9 that they received my ROC packet and expect NOA soon. 

I feel you because we are traveling on the end of January too. From what I see from November and December 2022 ROC Filers, most of them receive their NOA in 1-2 weeks once they got the text. Hopefully we both receive our NOA so we won’t have to worry about our travel. 

If you don’t mind when are you coming back from your trip? I’m coming back on Feb 28. But my GC expires on March 2 so really really close to the expiration. 

5 hours ago, Jujusmom said:

Hello! Yes it’s been delivered on 1/5. I got the text yesterday 1/9 that they received my ROC packet and expect NOA soon. 

I feel you because we are traveling on the end of January too. From what I see from November and December 2022 ROC Filers, most of them receive their NOA in 1-2 weeks once they got the text. Hopefully we both receive our NOA so we won’t have to worry about our travel. 

If you don’t mind when are you coming back from your trip? I’m coming back on Feb 28. But my GC expires on March 2 so really really close to the expiration. 

Of course. My flight is on January 28th, and I get back on February 4th. I will only be gone for 8 days. So, my greencard would still be valid for a month after that. 

Still, for peace of mind, I would prefer traveling with the letter on me, just in case.

I also fear having them schedule biometrics while I'm out, but I don't think that will be the case since I will only be gone for a week. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.