cleverkat

I-751 has been pending for over five years!

39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

OH MY GOD!

I have just received another letter from Congressman where it stated that response provided by that interveiwing officer (I mentioned his name recently in my correspondence with the Congressman) and that I-751 was granted (same day Ms. Hernandez told me).

Can I beleive that piece of paper? It`s on official Congressman`s blank, not USCIS one. I am afraid to get happy again as during those two days when I beleived I was finaly approved, I felt the happiest for the long time.

Maya,

Thank you very much. I might file a complaint on that interviewing officer after in some time (he was really nasty to me, I even recorder everything what had happen on the paper) Good to know the name of authorities and contact info for cases like mine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Maya,

Thank you very much. I might file a complaint on that interviewing officer after in some time (he was really nasty to me, I even recorder everything what had happen on the paper) Good to know the name of authorities and contact info for cases like mine.

Maya, thanks for getting that for me

Cleverkat, I would still write the letter to the ombudsman, they have oversight and do peer reviews of the USCIS. They issue an annual report and do cite situations like yours.

Good Luck

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Cleverkat, I would still write the letter to the ombudsman, they have oversight and do peer reviews of the USCIS. They issue an annual report and do cite situations like yours.

Good Luck

Thank you. I am taking your advise as I still haven`t received any letter from USCIS (and no card). I have just finished filing complaint form to Ombudsman. Will see.

Guys,

Sorry to be a pain, but I still haven`t received any official letter mentioning the approval. I called again today, and they still don`t have it in their system as approved, just pending (I got a nice officer today, she tried to help me, but could only see pending status). It`s been two weeks since it was approved (or so it said in letter from Congressman)-why it`s not in the system?

I am getting depressed again. :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Guys,

Sorry to be a pain, but I still haven`t received any official letter mentioning the approval. I called again today, and they still don`t have it in their system as approved, just pending (I got a nice officer today, she tried to help me, but could only see pending status). It`s been two weeks since it was approved (or so it said in letter from Congressman)-why it`s not in the system?

I am getting depressed again. :help:

Call your congressional liaison and push them. That's what they are there for and they are most likely to be able to help you.

Call your congressional liaison and push them. That's what they are there for and they are most likely to be able to help you.

Yes, I have emailed them a couple o hours ago (when I didn`t see anything in the mail), should I call them, too? Senator has not responded to me yet either.

Timeline

Yes, I have emailed them a couple o hours ago (when I didn`t see anything in the mail), should I call them, too? Senator has not responded to me yet either.

CALL and get someone on the phone. Did you also contact your senator using their online privacy form? Have you called them to follow up and get the contact information for who is assigned to your case? If both a congressman and senator's office are working on the same thing, one will usually turn it over to the other -- but you need to stay on top of them and make sure that you are in contact with the most effective, response person. CALL THEM.

CALL and get someone on the phone. Did you also contact your senator using their online privacy form? Have you called them to follow up and get the contact information for who is assigned to your case? If both a congressman and senator's office are working on the same thing, one will usually turn it over to the other -- but you need to stay on top of them and make sure that you are in contact with the most effective, response person. CALL THEM.

Ok, I just got off the phone with a congresswoman, and I even more confused now- she said that my case is still pending. Wait, does "granted by that officer on 7/12/07" means "approved' or am I missing something with my ESL? :crying: She said that officer is looking at my case, but why there is a specific date and who made up word "granted"-her or that officer?? She also said that I needed to stop calling USCIS and that there is Congressional interest in my case.

Edited by cleverkat

Timeline

Ok, I just got off the phone with a congresswoman, and I even more confused now- she said that my case is still pending. Wait, does "granted by that officer on 7/12/07" means "approved' or am I missing something with my ESL? :crying:

What was granted by that officer on July 12?

Call her back and tell her you need her to explain to you exactly what the status is -- just tell her your English isn't 100% and she needs to speak clearly and explain very clearly.

What was granted by that officer on July 12?

Call her back and tell her you need her to explain to you exactly what the status is -- just tell her your English isn't 100% and she needs to speak clearly and explain very clearly.

Ok, here`s what`s in that letter from "Congressman" (I guess from that assistant of his):

" Response provided by SDAO...on 7/12/07. The I-751 was granted and the N-400 application requested from TSC"

I don`t understand a thing, and I am not sure if that congresswoman either

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.