Dewald & Brittney

Any recent CR1/IR1 appointments in Bangkok?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I got DQ'd on the 9th of December, and I was wondering if there are other people here who have recently gotten their interview appointments? Some of you have already responded, and I thank you for that, I'm just curious to see what the general trend is and pass the time while I wait:D.

On 12/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, Dewald & Brittney said:

Hey everyone,

I got DQ'd on the 9th of December, and I was wondering if there are other people here who have recently gotten their interview appointments? Some of you have already responded, and I thank you for that, I'm just curious to see what the general trend is and pass the time while I wa:D

Are you still waiting for the interview appointment? I myself just got DQed and was wondering about the timeframe myself.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Hmoobphajej said:

Are you still waiting for the interview appointment? I myself just got DQed and was wondering about the timeframe myself.

Nothing yet on my side. I will post here when I get an appointment date.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update:

Just got my interview email. I was DQ'd on the 9th of December, received the letter on the 30th, and my interview is scheduled on the 15th of February.

1 hour ago, Dewald & Brittney said:

Update:

Just got my interview email. I was DQ'd on the 9th of December, received the letter on the 30th, and my interview is scheduled on the 15th of February.

Thank you for that update. I probably won't get my interview until March then. XD was hoping a early February interview as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My husbands is tomorrow! Just finally cleared his medical and after having to reschedule our initial interview we are hopeful this will be the final step. 2 years and counting since we initially submitted our package!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
23 minutes ago, JanineTam said:

My husbands is tomorrow!

Be sure to report back.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
6 hours ago, JanineTam said:

My husbands is tomorrow! Just finally cleared his medical and after having to reschedule our initial interview we are hopeful this will be the final step. 2 years and counting since we initially submitted our package!

Congratulations and good luck! Would you be so kind as to report back on how it went and how long it takes to get his passport back once he does?

All the best!

Timeline

Well didn't go as planned. They sent him home with a bunch of documents they wanted mailed and uploaded again to the site. Some that were already there and approved on the CEAC site. They also asked for my 2022 W2s or paystub which might be helpful for you all to provide that to your applicant. I already had income tax information and stubs approved already. The total interview took about 30 mins with a few questions about when and where we met, when we got married and if he knew were I lived in the US. They asked for pictures of us and our son which I also had uploaded on CEAC. They kept the paperwork that was accepted along with his passport and provided a checklist of files we need to send/upload. Just not sure how long this will take for them to acknowledge my files. I sent an email, but as it is already the weekend there and holiday Monday I doubt I will hear from them until later next week. Frustrating and feeling defeated again since you get DQ, but than still need more documents :( Wish I had better news to report, but he did say they were nice and helpful, but spoke really fast for him. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, JanineTam said:

Wish I had better news to report

Sad to hear this.  However, maybe approval won't be too far away after submission of what they asked for.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
5 hours ago, JanineTam said:

Well didn't go as planned. They sent him home with a bunch of documents they wanted mailed and uploaded again to the site. Some that were already there and approved on the CEAC site. They also asked for my 2022 W2s or paystub which might be helpful for you all to provide that to your applicant. I already had income tax information and stubs approved already. The total interview took about 30 mins with a few questions about when and where we met, when we got married and if he knew were I lived in the US. They asked for pictures of us and our son which I also had uploaded on CEAC. They kept the paperwork that was accepted along with his passport and provided a checklist of files we need to send/upload. Just not sure how long this will take for them to acknowledge my files. I sent an email, but as it is already the weekend there and holiday Monday I doubt I will hear from them until later next week. Frustrating and feeling defeated again since you get DQ, but than still need more documents :( Wish I had better news to report, but he did say they were nice and helpful, but spoke really fast for him. 

I'm so sorry to hear that. When I completed my B1 visa in South Africa I was also sent back to email them more documents. Fortunately they looked at my newly submitted docs within a week and then I got approved. Hopefully the same happens with your husband.

If you don't mind, would you please share with us what the issues were to help any future interviewees maybe prepare for it? My interview is on the 15th of February and I'm trying to ensure a smooth process. TIA

Timeline
On 1/14/2023 at 12:18 AM, JanineTam said:

Any news on your husband's interview? I hope all progressed well.

Timeline

We are still waiting for some translations to come back so we can mail to the embassy. It was his birth certificate, name change and some court records that they wanted in more detail. We had both the BC and name change approved by CEAC already, but they wanted an original of the BC. I think many Thais would be in the same situation as they don't have the computer records from their births it is literally just a piece of paper from the clinic that has been copied for years. We had to go back to the town he was born and get another registered copy of it. Hopefully you all don't have any of the same issues. Good luck! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, JanineTam said:

We are still waiting for some translations to come back so we can mail to the embassy. It was his birth certificate, name change and some court records that they wanted in more detail. We had both the BC and name change approved by CEAC already, but they wanted an original of the BC. I think many Thais would be in the same situation as they don't have the computer records from their births it is literally just a piece of paper from the clinic that has been copied for years. We had to go back to the town he was born and get another registered copy of it. Hopefully you all don't have any of the same issues. Good luck! 

Thank you for sharing your experience, this is very valuable information. Keep us updated on your process, if we all share our experience here it can do a lot of good for the next group of people who are in the same boat.

All the best,

Dewald

Received my IL (Interview Letter) today. Interview scheduled for 03/20/23. It definitely looks like their pace is slowing down versus the previous trend or maybe there's just way more interviews/applicant at the moment. Super excited and relieved to know we have a Interview but also disappointed since we were hoping to spend Valentines and our Wedding Anniversary together in February.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.