marriedtomrg

NVC stage - NSO certified documents and PSA documents

8 posts in this topic

Hello, folks.

I want to apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before - tried to do a search but many of the results I got were outdated.

We are at the NVC stage and we are in the process of ordering PSA documents - I have been able to successfully request my marriage certificates (amended 1st marriage and current 2nd marriage) to be delivered to my sister (she will help my mom with scanning them for her IR5 visa application).

Where I am running into an issue is ordering my birth certificate - the PSA Serbilis website only allows me to make two requests - which I have already exhausted on my MCs.

I am about to ask my sister to make a request on PSA for my BC and then send me the reference number so I can pay it online.

But before I ask her to do that I wanted to ask folks who have completed the NVC process more recently if the USEM will still accept documents on National Statistics Office (NSO) paper - which I have in spades. I am trying to avoid RFEs. If they will only accept PSA documents then I will go with my original plan.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

7 minutes ago, marriedtomrg said:

I am trying to avoid RFEs. If they will only accept PSA documents then I will go with my original plan.

Don't risk it.  Get your BC on PSA paper.  Even though the PH government declared that BCs on NSO paper are equally valid as the PSA ones, the DOS Reciprocity page still states that the issuing authority for BCs must be PSA.  NVC will expect the PSA seal on the scan of the BC.

3 hours ago, marriedtomrg said:

Where I am running into an issue is ordering my birth certificate - the PSA Serbilis website only allows me to make two requests - which I have already exhausted on my MCs.

I am about to ask my sister to make a request on PSA for my BC and then send me the reference number so I can pay it online.

I'm not sure I totally understand this.  Is it that PSA Serbilis website will only allow 2 concurrent orders???

In any case there is an alternative online source for PSA documents if PSA Serbilis isn't working for you.  https://psahelpline.ph/ is a private company that was previously the only accredited online source for PSA documents.  When PSA themselves opened the Serbilis website, they allowed PSAHelpline to retain PSA Partner accreditation.  They are legit and deliver by courier in the Philippines.  I used them once when the PSA Serbilis web site was down for like 3 week in 2020.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

I just wanted to share that I have gone with @Chancy suggestion.

I found there is also PSA Helpline (separate from PSA Serbilis) - I was able to make a request in my Mom's name and ordered my BC that way.

Thank you for your time.

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

K3-K4 Journey.txt

1 hour ago, top_secret said:

I'm not sure I totally understand this.  Is it that PSA Serbilis website will only allow 2 concurrent orders???

In any case there is an alternative online source for PSA documents if PSA Serbilis isn't working for you.  https://psahelpline.ph/ is a private company that was previously the only accredited online source for PSA documents.  When PSA themselves opened the Serbilis website, they allowed PSAHelpline to retain PSA Partner accreditation.  They are legit and deliver by courier in the Philippines.  I used them once when the PSA Serbilis web site was down for like 3 week in 2020.

I just realized there was a separate service and used PSA Helpline, thanks!

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

2 hours ago, top_secret said:

Yes to clarify when I used PSA Serbilis to order 5 different documents, I kept getting a Maximum limit reached error message. Had to exit and start over and then I saw the message in the popup. (see the bottom of the picture).

Screenshot_20221206-122649_Chrome.jpg

Edited by marriedtomrg
Fixed typo

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

17 hours ago, marriedtomrg said:

Hello, folks.

I want to apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before - tried to do a search but many of the results I got were outdated.

We are at the NVC stage and we are in the process of ordering PSA documents - I have been able to successfully request my marriage certificates (amended 1st marriage and current 2nd marriage) to be delivered to my sister (she will help my mom with scanning them for her IR5 visa application).

But before I ask her to do that I wanted to ask folks who have completed the NVC process more recently if the USEM will still accept documents on National Statistics Office (NSO) paper - which I have in spades. I am trying to avoid RFEs. If they will only accept PSA documents then I will go with my original plan.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

No.  NSO is no longer acceptable 

4 hours ago, IWander said:

No.  NSO is no longer acceptable 

Thanks, I went with the suggestion of @Chancy I was able to order my BC on PSA Helpline (Php 365) - a separate service from PSA Serbilis (Php 330).

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.