marcdonn

I-824 sent to potomac service center

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I had to fill out an I-824 so i could tell the uscis to send the approved i130 to the nvc.  It was sent to the potomac service center. I was trying to check on the uscis website to see estimated processing times but i dont see anything for that service center. Does anyone have experience with the potomac service center? Thank you in advance for your help.

• 1 month later...

I have a pending i824 with Potomac service center to get my i130 over to nvc since may 13, 2022. They haven't posted any processing times but they tell you to assume 6 months in such situations. In my case, it has been longer than 6 months but I haven't heard anything yet. Let me know if you get any news on yours.. I will let you know if I get something on mine. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just got word my wife's I-824 was transfered from  NBC to Potomac for faster processing. Does anyone know maybe how long this may take?

• 5 weeks later...

I am in the same boat. Mine was transferred from NBC to Potomac in January but have not heard of any progress. I have been waiting since July of 2022 since I submitted my I-824. 

Anyone have any updates? Do you think it is better to just submit a new I-130? I have already written to congressional reps to inquire about my case and even submitted a request for expedite with no response. 

Timeline

Yeah I did all the same things you did as well. The congressmen can’t do anything about it. I believe if you filed another I-130 it would just further complicate and prolong your current situation. Unfortunately, I feel this to be a test of our patience. You’re not alone. Our situation is exactly identical.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:39 AM, JerryAey23 said:

Yeah I did all the same things you did as well. The congressmen can’t do anything about it. I believe if you filed another I-130 it would just further complicate and prolong your current situation. Unfortunately, I feel this to be a test of our patience. You’re not alone. Our situation is exactly identical.

Good news!!! My I-824 was approved this morning and my I-130 was reopened and reapproved!! 

Submitted 07/14/2022 and approved 02/28/2023

thanks for everyone’s insight!!

I completed i-824 in October, i have been calling USCIS but they seem not to have any good response, all they say is wait. I cant believe that i waited for over two months for my I-130 to be approved and have to wait additional 8 months for USCIS to transfer the case to NVC. I cant believe such a simple action has to cause that much delay. 

Timeline

Wow, your I-130 was approved fast! Be thankful! It took ours 13 months!! Don’t expect the I-824 to be that quick. We have been waiting for 8 months on ours. Welcome to gaining patience my friend! We had made a simple mistake on our I-130. And that has cost us dearly. A single key stroke would fix it that would take .5 seconds. Good luck!

Our I-130 took 12 months we filed for I-824 also in July 2022 for my daughter her father died and I have health issues which forced me to be in the us permanently we wrote a message explaining that we needed to expedite the I-824 but was denied there not much we can do just have patience and wait. Im happy for Hattori very good news because our case was also transferred to Potomac for faster processing maybe it will be soon... wish you all the best of luck in these hard times. 

Edited by larios

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.