Nylar

November 2022 - AOS Filers

274 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, SA21 said:

Our application was received on 12th Nov (11th was Veterans Day), I just realized I did not submit a G-1145 for text/email updates!! How will I be notified of any updates??

Took me 10 days to get my physical NOAs. Michigan seems to be pretty quick with scheduling biometrics, took a week after I sent my application (my biometrics are in Grand Rapids instead of Detroit, which is a much shorter journey 😅).

5 minutes ago, Nylar said:

Took me 10 days to get my physical NOAs. Michigan seems to be pretty quick with scheduling biometrics, took a week after I sent my application (my biometrics are in Grand Rapids instead of Detroit, which is a much shorter journey 😅).

I also just realized I sent the incorrect fees...😭 didn't include the biometrics...this what you get for rushing

11 minutes ago, SA21 said:

I also just realized I sent the incorrect fees...😭 didn't include the biometrics...this what you get for rushing

I suppose when they send it back you can include the G-1145.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:09 PM, Nylar said:

Apparently it comes separately in the mail. Trying my luck with filling in the form here where people have had success getting an access code emailed to them (nothing yet for me though).

This also worked for me so that's nice! Hopefully I'll hear back soon for biometrics

I'm getting impatient for my NOA1. Documents arrived at USCIS Friday 4th November (4pm). G-1145 included, but nothing received yet. I've seen others receive it in 5-8 working days, so it's a little frustrating. 

I know there's not much we can do, but I need it to get my biometrics scheduled and then receive my EAD (I have a job offer waiting). 

Is there any way to check on the status of my application? Or to see if there's a reason it hasn't arrived yet? 

26 minutes ago, cashmore said:

I'm getting impatient for my NOA1. Documents arrived at USCIS Friday 4th November (4pm). G-1145 included, but nothing received yet. I've seen others receive it in 5-8 working days, so it's a little frustrating. 

I know there's not much we can do, but I need it to get my biometrics scheduled and then receive my EAD (I have a job offer waiting). 

Is there any way to check on the status of my application? Or to see if there's a reason it hasn't arrived yet? 

Which lockbox was it sent to? Some are slower than others. 

Received my hard copy of the noa1 in the mail today of all three applications. 

24 minutes ago, cashmore said:

Without an NOA I think the only indicator you would have is them processing the payment (assuming it isn't a money order). You might be able to get a live agent by phoning them up or using Ask Emma but I imagine you won't get much of answer without a receipt number.

3 minutes ago, sourumeboshi said:

Which lockbox was it sent to? Some are slower than others. 

Received my hard copy of the noa1 in the mail today of all three applications. 

Chicago! Ah I saw yours was Chicago too in an earlier comment. Hopefully we are today or tomorrow. Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, Nylar said:

Without an NOA I think the only indicator you would have is them processing the payment (assuming it isn't a money order). You might be able to get a live agent by phoning them up or using Ask Emma but I imagine you won't get much of answer without a receipt number.

I might give them a ring. No harm in trying! Thanks Nylar. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
On 11/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, BB Family said:

Good morning everyone! I just recently became a citizen and am now filing AOS for my mom. (I130/I485 concurrently). She was here on a tourist visa when I was scheduled for my interview and conducted my oath before she had to leave. So now we’re filing AOS for her 😁
I filed i130 online, received the reciept notice same day, and now We will be mailing her i485/i765/i131 with supporting documents on Monday. 

I know the majority of everyone here is probably filing for their spouse, and not a parent,  but I hope we all have a smooth process and a quick approval for those we’ve filed for. 

Did you find another thread? Would be interested to follow your process as I also am filing AOS for my mom.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
2 hours ago, JER2020 said:

I also filed AOS for a parent. I could not find a thread for it.

It was received at Chicago Lockbox on 11/16, waiting on NOAs

I just received the three texts from USCIS for (I-485, I-131, I-765). 

44 minutes ago, JER2020 said:

I just received the three texts from USCIS for (I-485, I-131, I-765). 

I just mailed mine yesterday. Estimated delivery is 25 November. I started a new post, just find it under my profile. Please join so we can keep each other updated ^_^

LPR filing F2A for Child under 21:

Filed I130 online: 12OCT23

Receipt Notice: 12OCT23

Service Center: TSC

Multiple Emails stating action taken on case: 12-14OCT23

Estimated Time for Case Decision 3 months as of 14OCT23

Three more action taken on case emails: 15oct23

2 hours ago, Nylar said:

I called them earlier. They were really helpful! 

They said my NOA was shipped out today. Fingers crossed early next week and I can get this moving. 

Edited by cashmore

On 11/11/2022 at 9:03 PM, Nylar said:

I-485 case status updated to say "Biometrics appointment was scheduled".

I have a question on this. I also received my  texts with my receipt numbers and USPS informed me via email that had 3 letters arriving from USCIS. But our mailboxes were broken into in my apartment building and the letters were stolen… I’m now worried that there might have been a letter with my biometrics appointment details in there. Or would this be a separate letter at a later date?

17 minutes ago, PortAlaska said:

I have a question on this. I also received my  texts with my receipt numbers and USPS informed me via email that had 3 letters arriving from USCIS. But our mailboxes were broken into in my apartment building and the letters were stolen… I’m now worried that there might have been a letter with my biometrics appointment details in there. Or would this be a separate letter at a later date?

It'll be a separate letter. If your tracking your case online it will tell you/send a notification that a biometrics appointments has been scheduled 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.