Brex030

I-130 Filers for Parents - June 2022

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, 

Wanted to start a topic for June filers to follow and track Petition approval as they start coming in. 

Submitted I-130 petition for both parents online and they show submitted as of June 28, 2022. 

Currently application are showing processing times of 5 and 8 months. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Checked status today. One parent processing time is 4 months, the other is 6 months. Anyone knows if they are actually approved at different time or when one is reviewed is the other application pulled since they are linked?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to say, same thing happening over here.

Receipt date 6/23/22

One parent started being reviewed in July, the other in September!

CR1 / CR2 Visa:

(Day 1) 12/16/11: I-130 Application sent

(Day 283) 09/24/12: Interview at US Consulate – Approved!

(Day 287) 09/28/12: Visa Received & Immediately entered US using Visa

(Day 290) 10/01/12: Social Security Card sent automatically

Removal of Conditions CR1 / CR2
(Day 1) 07/28/14: Application sent.
(Day 135) 12/10/14: ROC Approved!
(Day 143) 12/18/14: 10 year GC received (IR1 / IR2)

Naturalization:
(Day 1) 06/30/15: Application sent.
(Day 210) 01/26/16: Interview and Oath Ceremony. DONE!

***Son and I became US Citizens 01/26/16***

(Day 1) 01/27/16: Applied for my U.S. Passport
(Day 14) 02/10/16: Passport Book & Cert of Naturalization received

(Day 1) 03/16/16: Applied for U.S. Passport for son

(Day 22) 04/07/16: Passport book and original docs received...(Card rec'd 04/16/16)

N-600 for child age 9
(Day 1) 01/27/16: Application sent

(Day 12) 02/08/16: NOA received

(Day 23) 02/19/16: Case received at local office

(Day 88) 04/23/16: In line for oath scheduling *Called USCIS to inquire about why there is an oath required for a child under 14. They sent a service request to the field office.

(Day 95) 04/30/16: Received letter from field office to say no oath necessary and that they would mail the certificate.
(Day 106) 05/11/16: Cert of Citizenship received by registered mail (they never sent tracking. case status was never updated either)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Timeline

@Mill&Bill - I haven't received anything yet.

I just checked the status for my parents on USCIS.gov and One parent shows estimated processing time of 2 months (YAY!!) and the other 5 months. I really do hope that when the process one, they pick up the other because they were sent the same time. Not sure why the difference in processing if they are both in the same processing center. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Update!

Checked the USCIS website for status and the estimate on the "Processing Time" tabs shows 3 weeks and 4 months. Getting closer! I've seen some March and April followers are getting applications approved and into the NVC. Hoping the estimated time sticks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/21/2023 at 4:38 PM, Brex030 said:

Update!

Checked the USCIS website for status and the estimate on the "Processing Time" tabs shows 3 weeks and 4 months. Getting closer! I've seen some March and April followers are getting applications approved and into the NVC. Hoping the estimated time sticks. 

i checked and mine says your case taking longer than estimated time. ☹️

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just checked today, one parent's processing time says "Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time." My other parent shows 3 months.

I was taking a look at January 2022 Filers and they were getting approved towards the end of January - February. Also took a look at May 2022 filers and they haven't gotten anything yet. I'm going to start thinking we might not see anything for about year from filing. Here's hoping we get some action taken before June 2023.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Update 

It's been a while since I checked processing status. For some reason our processing times now say 4 and 5 months for both of my parents respectively. What?? Guess this will definitely take a bit longer than a year. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Brex030 said:

Update 

It's been a while since I checked processing status. For some reason our processing times now say 4 and 5 months for both of my parents respectively. What?? Guess this will definitely take a bit longer than a year. 

whats ur service center? I also applied in june for my mother. I saw some april approaval here on the forum.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mill&bill said:

whats ur service center? I also applied in june for my mother. I saw some april approaval here on the forum.

It is Nebraska still. It wasn't transferred so Im confused why it would reset to a new timer. 

15 hours ago, MrMrsD said:

I filed in June. Timer went 0, then to processing will take longer than excepted, then went to 4 more months. This whole processes is really exhausting 😖

Wanted to share, we saw the same thing. Filed in June 2022/accepted on July 1 2022. On day “0” it changed to “your case is taking longer than expected.” Three days later the clock reset to 4 months, but a week later it said 3 months,  which would be exactly a year if it were true… who knows if it sticks. (We filed at Nebraska but it was transferred to Vermont)

Our attorney did say a May submission just got approved on March 8. Fingers crossed it’ll be sooner than later for all of us 😊 

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.