23 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Jaydenx said:

Thank you for your insights. 
4. For some reasons, my lawyer told me not to register for an online account because it may interfere with her getting copy of notice. That sounds odd to me. But I have not experienced this before so I chose not to do so. If I do, do you think it will cause any problems

It will not cause any interference with attorney getting her copy of notices . I believe @Mike E can also reassure you and give you some gentle pointers on usefulness of online account watching. 

But your RFE will get to you and attorney in a few days so don’t over stress.

Edited by Family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, Family said:

It will not cause any interference with attorney getting her copy of notices . I believe @Mike E can also reassure you and give you some gentle pointers on usefulness of online account watching. 

Not sure to what you are referring.

9 hours ago, Mike E said:
14 hours ago, Family said:

Not sure to what you are referring.

OP has an attorney who told her not to set up her individual USCIS online account, so as to track notices/ correspondence, because Attorney says it will interfere w attorney copy of notices. 
Your attorney @Mike E did not stop you from having an online USCIS acct ( by you , I mean your wife) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys. I just decided to register for an online account and was able to see the RFIE online. Thanks to @Family , I learned that as long as I dont withdraw form G-28 under "Case Actions", mail notice will be sent to both my address and the lawyer address as stated on the G-28 form.

Back to the main point. As most of yall have already guessed, the RFIE is for I-864. 

RFE2.thumb.png.55d191b2d4d65a0c7df1876d791d39ec.png

So my lawyer did include bank statements showing sufficient amount of more than 20k on his savings account, but she only included January 2022 and the most recent bank statement to show how consistent the savings amount is within a year. According to the RFIE, they mentioned "Bank statements covering the last 12 months" in the first bullet for "Acceptable evidence of assets". So I see where the flaw is now. 

Nevertheless, just to be on the safe side, my aunt will get on board to co-sign for our affidavit of support I-864. 

Edited by Jaydenx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Family said:

OP has an attorney who told her not to set up her individual USCIS online account, so as to track notices/ correspondence, because Attorney says it will interfere w attorney copy of notices. 
Your attorney @Mike E did not stop you from having an online USCIS acct ( by you , I mean your wife) 

Correct. We did set up an online account for my wife for I-751 and all we do with it was add the tracking case number.  The juice wasn’t worth the squeeze. 

Use the lawfully app.  Better user experience (but ignore the estimates as they are bunk). 

Edited by Mike E

Timeline

Thank you guys. 

My friend used this lawyer office before and they were super helpful for her case. They are helpful for ours too. My friend got her green card within 4 months from the start to finish with no RFEs whatsoever. That's how I really believe on whatever they advised us to do though I still do a lot of research on my end to see how things are going. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys, 

We finally found a joint sponsor with great income and proper W2 tax and all the good stuff.

We sent our response to RFIE off on Monday 11/14/22. How long does USCIS typically update the status that they have received the mail package on the USCIS online portal? 

I have seen lots of people get their EAD approved within 30 days. Hoping mine will progress that fast as well but having RFIE in the mean time is frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.