Kay98

Additional Doc.

19 posts in this topic

So my fiancé had his K1 Visa interview (in Canada) and was refused due to him needing to provide extra documentation because the paper was apparently wrong. He mailed it out to the embassy and now we’re waiting to hear back. How long does this usually take?

8 minutes ago, Kay98 said:

So my fiancé had his K1 Visa interview (in Canada) and was refused due to him needing to provide extra documentation because the paper was apparently wrong. He mailed it out to the embassy and now we’re waiting to hear back. How long does this usually take?

60 days or longer, most likely.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Kay98 said:

Could you please help the community avoid and future mistakes and let us know what exactly was wrong/missing? Also please complete your timeline, 

4 hours ago, Mari_Justin said:

Could you please help the community avoid and future mistakes and let us know what exactly was wrong/missing? Also please complete your timeline, 

It was the paper that had the finger prints. That is what my fiance told me. I tried to complete some of my timeline just now! Thank you.🙂

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are in a similar situation:

Interview on Oct 6th and was informed the visa will be approved but just needed to submit an original divorce certificate. The certificate arrived the next day at the mail processing facility, but no updates on the visa since. Have you had any updates so far? I cannot seem to find many in a similar situation and just curious where the estimate of 60 days or longer is coming from. Just hoping it will process before the holidays! We had no request for a DS form and the "additional processing is required" was not checked on the 221g. 

5 hours ago, PNWUnited said:

We are in a similar situation:

Interview on Oct 6th and was informed the visa will be approved but just needed to submit an original divorce certificate. The certificate arrived the next day at the mail processing facility, but no updates on the visa since. Have you had any updates so far? I cannot seem to find many in a similar situation and just curious where the estimate of 60 days or longer is coming from. Just hoping it will process before the holidays! We had no request for a DS form and the "additional processing is required" was not checked on the 221g. 

My fiancé just told me a couple days ago that they received the additional documents on October 3rd. But other than that, we haven’t heard had any other updates. I did hear that it can take a few weeks to get a email/letter to let you know if your partner has been approved after sending in the additional documents. 

6 hours ago, Kay98 said:

My fiancé just told me a couple days ago that they received the additional documents on October 3rd. But other than that, we haven’t heard had any other updates. I did hear that it can take a few weeks to get a email/letter to let you know if your partner has been approved after sending in the additional documents. 

I also want to add that he was refused on the day of this interview due to the papers not being correct. He submitted the papers and when I checked on the website to see if it was updated, it said that on October 11th, it was still refused. I’m not sure if this is the final decision or we just wait until we get a email or letter telling us the final decision :(

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kay98 said:

I also want to add that he was refused on the day of this interview due to the papers not being correct. He submitted the papers and when I checked on the website to see if it was updated, it said that on October 11th, it was still refused. I’m not sure if this is the final decision or we just wait until we get a email or letter telling us the final decision :(

I wouldn't stress that status, mine says the same. The status will always say "refused" if they are requesting additional paperwork. It's not a denial or a final decision, it's more like a hold on the case. Once they actually go through and review the document, it should change.

Based on a couple other replies in another thread, it's possible it can be as early as 5-6 weeks after the document was received. Seems like they have a very slow process to actually get the document in their hands. Looks like we are on a similar timeline though since our document arrived on Oct 7th to the processing facility. Hopefully not too much longer now! I'll definitely keep you posted if our status changes at any point :)

2 hours ago, PNWUnited said:

I wouldn't stress that status, mine says the same. The status will always say "refused" if they are requesting additional paperwork. It's not a denial or a final decision, it's more like a hold on the case. Once they actually go through and review the document, it should change.

Based on a couple other replies in another thread, it's possible it can be as early as 5-6 weeks after the document was received. Seems like they have a very slow process to actually get the document in their hands. Looks like we are on a similar timeline though since our document arrived on Oct 7th to the processing facility. Hopefully not too much longer now! I'll definitely keep you posted if our status changes at any point :)

I hope!  I want my fiancé here, dang it.😂 and yes, definitely keep me updated! I’ll update you as well. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 12:23 PM, PNWUnited said:

I just wanna update you! As of Nov. 10th, 2022, my fiancé (who lives in Canada) just got approved on his visa! Have you heard any news?!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Kay98 said:

I just wanna update you! As of Nov. 10th, 2022, my fiancé (who lives in Canada) just got approved on his visa! Have you heard any news?!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) No news on our end yet but it looks like your paperwork was received by them few days prior to ours, so hopefully that means we will get some news next week!  *fingers crossed* Sadly they were closed today for holiday, so that was an extra day of delay.. 

I’ll post in here as soon an I get news to hopefully help others with 221g timeline processing questions too. SO happy for you both!! Thanks for the update!

7 hours ago, PNWUnited said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) No news on our end yet but it looks like your paperwork was received by them few days prior to ours, so hopefully that means we will get some news next week!  *fingers crossed* Sadly they were closed today for holiday, so that was an extra day of delay.. 

I’ll post in here as soon an I get news to hopefully help others with 221g timeline processing questions too. SO happy for you both!! Thanks for the update!

Thank you! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you as well! And hopefully you’ll hear something very soon!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/12/2022 at 6:22 AM, Kay98 said:

Thank you! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you as well! And hopefully you’ll hear something very soon!

Oh my goodness they took FOREVER, but the status just changed to approved today!! How long did it take you guys to receive the visa once the status changed? We did not get the tracking info quite yet. 

3 hours ago, PNWUnited said:

Oh my goodness they took FOREVER, but the status just changed to approved today!! How long did it take you guys to receive the visa once the status changed? We did not get the tracking info quite yet. 

That is amazing news! Congratulations! And I think my fiancé said 4 to 6 weeks. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kay98 said:

That is amazing news! Congratulations! And I think my fiancé said 4 to 6 weeks. 

Thank you!! So close yet still so far, haha. 

Oh WOW! I was under the impression that once it finally switches to "approved" it just takes a few days. It seems like it still need to change to "issued" though from what I read. Oof... well this may throw a wrench in the Christmas plans lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.