paco5

i 751 filed with waiver waiting for the interview

32 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

You seem focused on the wait times and the interview instead of being focused on your case itself. You can’t undo a waiver. Sure, some immigration lawyer will tell you that can do it and take your $$ , but that’s not how it works. 

Why do you care so much about when the interview will happen?  If you had the interview next month, you’d get a denial because you haven’t produced the divorce decree. Even if you are still with your wife, as you said, in the eyes of USCIS you are divorced, so they are expecting to see a divorce decree at some point. Don’t drag it. Divorce, and you two can work things out later on maybe. 

Your first mistake was to file with a divorce without the decree in hand. You acted impulsively. Now everyone is telling you to divorce, so that you can get your decree, and you’re on stand by. 

Thank you @Rocio0010 for your input, i ll tell my wife and not just to focus too much on the interview.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally my wife is a Citizen was a long wait. We had a combo interview I-751 and N-400. We brought our 2 kids ages 4 years and 2 years. I recommend bringing kids if they are well behaved as I think this made our interview so easier. We had tons of evidence but officer did not ask for any . Officer at San Francisco field office was super nice and he shared that he had two kids too was friendly indeed. He verified that all basic info was accurate in I-751 and we added our second child who was born after we submitted. He then approved the I-751. He then started with N-400 where he skipped all review already included in I-751. We mentioned about 2 more trips we had after our application which he confirmed in his system. He started with civic test then reading and finally writing. All simple and my wife passed. I recommend getting the test prep handbook from USCIS. This is given to every N-400 applicant during biometrics. We did not receive it since our I-751 biometric was reused so I drove there and requested for one and i used it to prep my wife. Officer

then took my son birth certificate and went to make a copy. He asked if we were interested for same day oath ceremony and we said yes and next one was 1pm. By the way they have multiple same day oath ceremony so if your appointment is in the morning you will most likely get scheduled. Our appointment was at 7:35am and we were allowed in by 7am.  You can find plenty of street parking if you arrive by 7am. Cost is $3.75 and hour. Get the App and it will allow you to extend time. Maximum allowed parking is 4 hours. We were out by 9am. Took 30 min waiting for our oath ceremony appointment. Came for oath ceremony at 12:30pm at 1pm oath began and was done at 1:20pm. Only my wife was allowed so me and kids waited in the car.

Edited by hasmax80

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.