andy7477

i 751 filed with waiver waiting for the interview

32 posts in this topic

Hi,

Got married Feb 2019 to USC and received my Conditional GC May 2019,

I filed for divorce and filed ROC April 2021 and after 17 months my application got transferred to the local USCIS from LIN and this is my current status interview Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice

So I'm expecting interview letter anytime from today that's my understanding. here is the catch 

1.We are working on our marriage and my wife don't want to divorce 

2. She also don't want to co-sign the petition due the things that i did to her .

I don't know what to expect from the interview and I hope someone can help me from this community.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Did you file a file a joint I-751 or did you file an I-751 with a waiver?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Wait, but did you already divorce? 
You said your wife doesn’t want to, but yet you filed with a waiver. Please clarify.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline

****Please do not re-post this in another forum*****

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Hi 

Thank you for responding to my question.

Crazy Cat - I filed I-751 with a waiver.

Rocio0010 - but did you already divorce?  - During April 2021 things were not good between us so i filled the i751 with the divorce but then July 2019 i wanted to work things together( going to Therapy due to my own issues and part of men's group, Couples counselling ) and i realized how much she loves me and revoked the divorce and here is the tricky thing, for the government we are married but as per USCIS I'm in the middle of divorce and my wife don't trust me any more and she don't want to co petition and don't want to divorce.

You said your wife doesn’t want to, but yet you filed with a waiver -- During March 2021 she don't want to coopetition the i751 and that time we wanted to separate so filled with the waiver ( make sense? ). 

I have a strong feeling the IO will ask for the final divorce papers during the interview, please clarify?

Edited by andy7477

Timeline
22 minutes ago, andy7477 said:

During April 2021 things were not good between us so i filled the i751 with the divorce but then July 2019 i wanted to work things together( going to Therapy due to my own issues and part of men's group, Couples counselling ) and i realized how much she loves me and revoked the divorce and here is the tricky thing, for the government we are married but as per USCIS I'm in the middle of divorce and my wife don't trust me any more and she don't want to co petition and don't want to divorce.

Well, your situation is messy. This is one of the few cases where I would say that hiring a very competent immigration attorney might be better. Either that, or withdraw the current 751 and file a  new joint one, with an explanation letter, and with evidence that the divorce was revoked and that you're still together and working things out.

25 minutes ago, andy7477 said:

she loves me

Are you sure? She loves you but doesn't want to co- sign the petition? Does she understand how much this hurts your chances here?

25 minutes ago, andy7477 said:

don't want to divorce.

So she doesn't trust you, yet she doesn't want to divorce and she doesn't want to co- sign the petition? This is beyond immigration, but are you sure you guys want to stay together?

Have a heart to heart with your wife and go from there. Even better, ask her to join us here and we can help her understand how much she is hurting your case by neither divorcing nor signing the petition.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, andy7477 said:

I have a strong feeling the IO will ask for the final divorce papers during the interview, please clarify?

Of course, they will.  

32 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Well, your situation is messy. This is one of the few cases where I would say that hiring a very competent immigration attorney might be better. Either that, or withdraw the current 751 and file a  new joint one, with an explanation letter, and with evidence that the divorce was revoked and that you're still together and working things out.

Are you sure? She loves you but doesn't want to co- sign the petition? Does she understand how much this hurts your chances here? 

So she doesn't trust you, yet she doesn't want to divorce and she doesn't want to co- sign the petition? This is beyond immigration, but are you sure you guys want to stay together?

Have a heart to heart with your wife and go from there. Even better, ask her to join us here and we can help her understand how much she is hurting your case by neither divorcing nor signing the petition.

Thank you for your time and response.

I will tell her today that i joined this forum and ask her to join as well and we both know that the interview can happen at any time.

She knows i have only 2 options and the she said - lets hope some miracle happens and it ll get approved.

So she doesn't trust you, yet she doesn't want to divorce and she doesn't want to co- sign the petition? This is beyond immigration, but are you sure you guys want to stay together? -- Yea i want to be honest here , I cheated on my wife she thinks i used her and i have no remorse and i have a hard time connecting with anyone on a deeper level and  i lack Empathy and emotional connection.

Edited by andy7477

Timeline
28 minutes ago, andy7477 said:

withdraw the current 751 and file a  new joint one, with an explanation letter, and with evidence that the divorce was revoked and that you're still together and working things out.  --- Because she dont co-sign i think this option wont work for me now.

Ok, so then what's your other option?

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

Your only option then Is to finalize the divorce, and attend the interview. If she’s willing to, she can write and sign an affidavit saying marriage was entered in good faith, it just didn’t work out 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

3 hours ago, andy7477 said:

don't know what to expect from the interview and I hope someone can help me from this community.

Any help will be really appreciated

Expect to be given an I-72/RFE to provide a final divorce decree within 30 days …if you do nothing then you can expect a denial letter and NTA. 

Within those 30 days , decide if YOU want to:

1. Divorce..refile and serve your wife and re-file I-751 w/ waiver include proof you withdrew first divorce filing and evidence of therapy ( working on marriage).  A new filing will give you plenty of time to finalize divorce ( even with am uncooperative spouse). 

2. Stay married if wife agrees to sign a joint I-751 and refile it . 

3. Show up at the interview WITH your wife and a signed Joint I-751 , ask them to switch to Joint .

You can explain to your wife she is pushing you into a corner and a divorce filing is inevitabl otherwise 

Edited by Family

You said you're working on your marriage, so the main question is do you want a divorce or not?

If the answer is yes, then you need to finalize the process because you'll need the divorce decree to remove the conditions on your green card with a waiver. if you want to genuinely stay in your marriage, you'll have to refile. I don't recommend staying in your marriage because your spouse is making it difficult, that'll just give her future leverage when it comes to your interview. I've been in a toxic situation like this myself and I pushed for the divorce. 

Sorry to say but this is a tough situation for you. I don't mean to discourage you but make you aware of the difficult time ahead so you can hire a lawyer and prepare accordingly. 

The issue they will pound you with will be, "Was your marriage entered in good faith?"

As you already explained that you cheated is a major red flag for them.

And then the USC spouse unwilling to co-sign is another.

You have already rung the waiver bell and cant really take that back even if you are somehow able to re-convert it back to joint.

A lot right now will depend on your spouse soon to be ex it seems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.