Tereza

Got RFE at NVC (I think?)

11 posts in this topic

We submitted all documents on August 7th and today I got an email from NVC that our ceac account has been updated. So I logged in, all our documents are accepted. But there was a message saying -

Please submit every 2021 W-2/1099 form for (my husbands name).
I guess that that's and RFE, although it doesnt specifically say that anywhere on the site (I didnt know what to expect, I wouldve thought that we would get an email specifically saying "you got RFE" or someting). We uploaded last 3 years tax transcripts and the way my husband talked he said that theyre the same thing, so I guess they're not.
I assume that once he uploads it, the wait starts all over again, so another 2-3 months?
Im really getting depressed over it, we have waited so long at the uscis stage and now this :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Notice from NVC that asks for supporting documents is not (my opinion) a formal RFE / NVC just wants documents to support the I 864   probably because a lot of embassies started asking for the W2 ,  1099,  and any 1099R

RFE wants original documents to support a petition with the following :

1.  letter with bar code to return with the documents

2.  a specified # of days to get the info (documents ) back to immigration or case can be closed

(mine was 45 working days)

if the email says you must send back a bar code letter  with the W2 and gives u a specified # of days to do it,  then yes   RFE

12 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Notice from NVC that asks for supporting documents is not (my opinion) a formal RFE / NVC just wants documents to support the I 864   probably because a lot of embassies started asking for the W2 ,  1099,  and any 1099R

RFE wants original documents to support a petition with the following :

1.  letter with bar code to return with the documents

2.  a specified # of days to get the info (documents ) back to immigration or case can be closed

(mine was 45 working days)

if the email says you must send back a bar code letter  with the W2 and gives u a specified # of days to do it,  then yes   RFE

it is not an email. The email just said our status has been updated. But when i logged in there was the message. all other documents say "accepted", but I dont see "documentarily qualified" anywhere (from my understanding it should be in the message box but idk)

3 hours ago, Tereza said:

it is not an email. The email just said our status has been updated. But when i logged in there was the message. all other documents say "accepted", but I dont see "documentarily qualified" anywhere (from my understanding it should be in the message box but idk)

Yeah, that's how my RFE was. Just an update notice. My NVC stage started in May. I am still waiting to be DQ.

6 hours ago, Tereza said:

We submitted all documents on August 7th and today I got an email from NVC that our ceac account has been updated. So I logged in, all our documents are accepted. But there was a message saying -

Please submit every 2021 W-2/1099 form for (my husbands name).
I guess that that's and RFE, although it doesnt specifically say that anywhere on the site (I didnt know what to expect, I wouldve thought that we would get an email specifically saying "you got RFE" or someting). We uploaded last 3 years tax transcripts and the way my husband talked he said that theyre the same thing, so I guess they're not.
I assume that once he uploads it, the wait starts all over again, so another 2-3 months?
Im really getting depressed over it, we have waited so long at the uscis stage and now this :(

It is super unfair since your husband submitted transcripts. But you have to submit what they asked for and yes clock will restart because you go back in line. (Currently it takes about two month to review documents) Back in time it might have been reasonable to argue with them over the public inquiry form and defend your position but response for public inquiry is also two

month so I would not go that route and submit the W2s or 1099s whichever is available to you. 

3 hours ago, mamba69 said:

It is super unfair since your husband submitted transcripts. But you have to submit what they asked for and yes clock will restart because you go back in line. (Currently it takes about two month to review documents) Back in time it might have been reasonable to argue with them over the public inquiry form and defend your position but response for public inquiry is also two

month so I would not go that route and submit the W2s or 1099s whichever is available to you. 

Thank you. He already submitted it, so we'll see. I was determined to be with my husband before Chritmas this year (perfectly doable if they DQed it yesterday), but that too will have to wait. This entire process is taking whatever last bits of sanity I have 🙃. We're long distance, so any extra time this takes is time we have to spend apart (We already decided we're not making any more trips before this is done, as it is incredibely expensive).

I'll update it here should we somehow get a quick response from them.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

I’ve gotten this same message 3 times now even after submitting the W2’s that was already submitted previously. 

Edited by Unlockable
Personal info in posted picture

*** One post edited for having personal info in picture posted. Please be cautious of posting things with personal info on this public site.

VJ Moderation 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

So I finally got document qualified earlier this week. I was submitting W2 forms I received from my job but they want the actual W2 form from the irs website it was very easy to download.

307E4379-3BAD-457A-92C4-C30E0B2D6C1D.jpeg

14 hours ago, cwel1402 said:

So I finally got document qualified earlier this week. I was submitting W2 forms I received from my job but they want the actual W2 form from the irs website it was very easy to download.

That is weird. We just submitted the W2 my husband got at work and it was approved (took the entire 2 months though).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.