Newcitizen

I-130 Questions for Mother

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello folks.

I was recently naturalized and I am looking to file I-130 Online for my mother and step-father (they married before I turned 18).

I  have couple of questions and I was hoping someone here can help:

Address history: as the petitioner, I entered the 5 years history of addresses. However, that is needed for the beneficiary correct? I can only see that I have to enter her current address.

Supporting Documents for beneficiary:  Just enter her name and address in the native language? should I upload her birth certificate or other documents?

Beneficiary's Family: I listed her spouse, should I list myself as a child and other siblings who are under 21 only or all siblings? Should I just enter my siblings and not myself?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Newcitizen said:

Hello folks.

I was recently naturalized and I am looking to file I-130 Online for my mother and step-father (they married before I turned 18).

Address history: as the petitioner, I entered the 5 years history of addresses. However, that is needed for the beneficiary correct? I can only see that I have to enter her current address.

Supporting Documents for beneficiary:  Just enter her name and address in the native language? should I upload her birth certificate or other documents?

Beneficiary's Family: I listed her spouse, should I list myself as a child and other siblings who are under 21 only or all siblings? Should I just enter my siblings and not myself?

Thank you

I 130 is about establishing your relationship to the beneficiary and determine your eligibility to petition for her 

Download, print and study the Instructions for the form found on the USCIS website. Your questions .. and more you havent yet thought of… are all answered in that document. Read literally, dont interpret, come back here and ask anything that youre not sure about. Remember this form is more about you than her.. she will have other forms at later stages that ask about her information. Just a heads up .. her address history will be required from when she was aged 16 onwards 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

I 130 is about establishing your relationship to the beneficiary and determine your eligibility to petition for her 

Download, print and study the Instructions for the form found on the USCIS website. Your questions .. and more you havent yet thought of… are all answered in that document. Read literally, dont interpret, come back here and ask anything that youre not sure about. Remember this form is more about you than her.. she will have other forms at later stages that ask about her information. Just a heads up .. her address history will be required from when she was aged 16 onwards 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

I can't find the answer for the question below:

I have filled the application online. Just wanted to check for these answers before filing.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Newcitizen said:

I can't find the answer for the question below:

I have filled the application online. Just wanted to check for these answers before filing.

Thanks

Dont interpret. It says list  children. It doesnt say “except if you are the petitioner.  “. Children are not just under 21 .. adult children as well 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Dont interpret. It says list  children. It doesnt say “except if you are the petitioner.  “. Children are not just under 21 .. adult children as well 

Thanks mate.

23 hours ago, Newcitizen said:

Hello folks.

Yes I think it is just her current address. Petitioners have to show 5 yesr history.

Enter her name as it appears on her birth certificate and other government issued documents.

Same with her address.

Yes, upload copies of her birth certificate, marriage certificate (with your stepfather), proof that she was divorced or became a widow, your birth certificate, her passport, your passport, and any civil documents that pertain to you (marriage certificate or proof you were never married or proof of your divorce, if applicable)

yes, you have to include all children (regardless of their age) - as well as yourself to show your relationship to your biological parent and your siblings.

Thank you

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.