homesick_american

Younger men?

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't think it's a big deal. Age is just a number. Course, I'm older than my fiance, but we get along better as a couple than I've ever gotten along with anyone.

Just a side note, I don't know much about you or your marriage and it's not my business, but often times a marriage is over long before it's over. So if you want to move

on, you are the only one who can make that call.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if you are already thinking about dating other men, you are obviously over your marriage already, so why are you still dwelling on it? Maybe you are the one who is confused on what you want as much as your husband is, and you BOTH need a therapist.

It happened. You can't change that. As I said before in your "divorce" thread, all the ####### you've said about your husband on here, you've made him sound like a spineless idiot anyway, I'm surprised your marriage lasted as long as it did. These feelings of hatred towards family members or even spouses don't happen overnight once they tell you something you don't want to hear.

Yet again we don't know both sides, yet again we don't know your husband, your marriage, your life, your personalities etc etc, but as has been said, if you don't want to hear opinions, don't throw your life into a forum. I'm sure you have friends on here you could have PM'd for opinion rather than asking complete strangers, whose points of view you wouldn't appreciate.

A 6 year age gap is nothing in a relationship. Age is just a number and by no means guarantees maturity or responsibility levels.

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Timeline
I don't think it's a big deal. Age is just a number. Course, I'm older than my fiance, but we get along better as a couple than I've ever gotten along with anyone.

Just a side note, I don't know much about you or your marriage and it's not my business, but often times a marriage is over long before it's over. So if you want to move

Yes, I am.

I do often wonder why the hell I continue to post here when some people are so extraordinarily judgmental. Not you necessarily; just some people. It seems that some people in exactly the same situation get a lot of cooing and sympathy, whereas I get kicked in the head. Funnily enough it doesn't bother me anymore; kick away.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Yes, I am.

I do often wonder why the hell I continue to post here when some people are so extraordinarily judgmental. Not you necessarily; just some people. It seems that some people in exactly the same situation get a lot of cooing and sympathy, whereas I get kicked in the head. Funnily enough it doesn't bother me anymore; kick away.

You have no immigration needs/worries anymore, so I too wonder why you continue to post here - except for some justification/or to brag about your actions. Others wonder as well. :unsure:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, I am.

I wasn't passing judgment. I am divorced and a lot of people couldn't figure out why I didn't spend more time waiting for him to "change." He has, in fact, done a lot of changing and I'm sure his new wife is happy about it :) I'm not bitter anymore though, just glad that I was able to move on and be happy again.

What I meant by my comment is that perhaps your marriage was over long before either of you voiced it? Sometimes just voicing it is a shock in itself. But to be fair to whomever you date next, it's always good to have closure on the previous relationship. That's for anyone, me included, not necessarily pointing fingers at you.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Yes, I am.

I wasn't passing judgment. I am divorced and a lot of people couldn't figure out why I didn't spend more time waiting for him to "change." He has, in fact, done a lot of changing and I'm sure his new wife is happy about it :) I'm not bitter anymore though, just glad that I was able to move on and be happy again.

What I meant by my comment is that perhaps your marriage was over long before either of you voiced it? Sometimes just voicing it is a shock in itself. But to be fair to whomever you date next, it's always good to have closure on the previous relationship. That's for anyone, me included, not necessarily pointing fingers at you.

Well said jundp, but I think any advice is falling on deaf ears. I'm sorry to say this is just another attention thread from H_A.

Why start a topic, wait for certain people to post just to insult them, wait for sympathy votes and flame?

Pathetic. Truly.

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

I just don't understand, truly. After the debacle that was the 'I'm getting a divorce thread', I thought you had decided not to post anymore personal information here (let alone post here). But yet, here we are again.

So is it just fun to see people's reactions so that you can say 'I was right!' about the ones who 'attack' you? Is it some kind of need to then have a fight with the people whose reactions you object to? Is it maybe to truly get some direction/feedback or guidance about your situation? Is it to waffle on about having a younger man interested in you?

I'm not trying to flame or insult - I just really am very very puzzled, and trying desperately to understand.

SA4userbar.jpg

I just don't understand, truly. After the debacle that was the 'I'm getting a divorce thread', I thought you had decided not to post anymore personal information here (let alone post here). But yet, here we are again.

So is it just fun to see people's reactions so that you can say 'I was right!' about the ones who 'attack' you? Is it some kind of need to then have a fight with the people whose reactions you object to? Is it maybe to truly get some direction/feedback or guidance about your situation? Is it to waffle on about having a younger man interested in you?

I'm not trying to flame or insult - I just really am very very puzzled, and trying desperately to understand.

Very well said Tracy TN...... sadly some people will crave attention good or bad....

Kez

It's all good HA -- there's no better way to get over a relationship than to start a new one.

I couldn't disagree more. I think time alone is the best method to really having closure to the past.

As far as ppl changing: I also believe that people don't. Unless they REALLY want to, and even then it's a miraculous thing.

Age diff: I personally wouldn't be interested in a younger man. Ever. It's just my preference.

But there are two sides to this...obviously it's a merry go round of action, reaction, etc...so the only action one can control is one's own.

Never mind, its too loud in my office at the moment to read anything and comprehend it.

Rush on.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

-_- -_- -_- -_-

-_- -_- -_- -_-

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Being single for awhile after being in long term relationship is a good thing, IMO.

i agree totally, most people need time to regroup and get over the past relationship..it is not like losing a pet and then buying another one a week later..imho

again, most people, everyone is differnet ......

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Age has nothing to do with it.....

Kez

I'll second that! :thumbs:

and I'll third that and raise you one :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS