lasso

Concerns and Trust

332 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

I want to make something very clear to everyone I WAS THE STUPID ONE.

I let myself be controlled and I wanted to please and make him happy that comes from being raised in an old fashion spanish family.

I alloud it all to happen

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smoked but did not inhale! lol lol lol

American women we are so loving and caring with a pure heart

Obviousy you haven't read the Russian forum :whistle:

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I smoked but did not inhale! lol lol lol

American women we are so loving and caring with a pure heart

Obviousy you haven't read the Russian forum :whistle:

Or the China forum.

Really, I think the MENA forum girls should get together with the girls marrying guys out of Nigeria!

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I let myself be controlled and I wanted to please and make him happy that comes from being raised in an old fashion spanish family.

I was wondering... do I know who you are? Because you sound like someone I know..

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was wondering... do I know who you are? Because you sound like someone I know..

Do tell!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

first...i would like to say my heart goes out to every single woman who has suffered due to these men and their selfish doings that only hurt women in the end...it really is depressing and i for one am ashamed that men can hurt God's greatest gift to mankind...the woman...she who provides care, love, concern, children, and fulfillment to everything in life :)...and honestly, i think about this everyday...i mean i love my husband to death and do not have an regrets...but I am an egyptian muslim who is a US citizen...and he is egyptian and muslim as well...and even though we come from the same cultural background we were both raised in two different worlds...as many of you may know...egypt is a COMPLETELY different place compared to america...i mean you go there and the only thing people LOVE to talk about it getting out of their current status quo and going to a place like america to live "the american dream"...and most could care less if it is at the expense of hurting a woman...i PRAY this does not happen to me...i mean i have known him for too long (almost 12 years)...and his actions show he loves me...but i still have that fear instilled deep within me...i mean humans change from one day to the next...a person you love to death can be your worst enemy the next day...honestly no one can completely trust ANYONE...not even family...because no one knows anything the person is thinking except the individual himself/herself...i encourage those who are in relationships with these man...to have a DEEP conversation with their husbands...i did it...and by his response *knock on wood* i can tell he could care less about america...he actually wanted me to come live with him in egypt...i mean yes we egyptians are talkers...i will admit it...but try to get the truth out of the person...the best way to do it...tell them you decided you would like to live in egypt/jordan/syria/morocco/etc...and ur sick of america...the response to that statement will tell you a whole lot about that person...and keep it going for about one or two months...if he changes his attitude sadly he is marrying for a greencard...if not then you have found yourself a keeper :) again all of you who have been hurt my heart goes out to you and cries for all your pain and suffering :) and just know any man who does not appreciate you is the BIGGEST LOSER...a woman is God's gift to mankind...he who fails to appreciate it and care for it does not deserve ANYTHING...;) take care dears and good luck to all the MENA women :)

haha....and yes arab women COMPLAIN ( i being one of them...and i have complained to my husband several times and will complain even more)...i mean if she cannot complain to her husband who is there to complain to??;)

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

AMEN

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Timeline

Why hate agreeing with me? I, and a few others, know something lots of other women here don't know and many don't want to hear.

Green-eyed, what is this suppose to mean? I mean, if you know something other than us american girls on MENA, can you share it with us?

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

Timeline

DILLYDALLY

Well said, when I would ask mine he would always say "honey the life in jordan is hard no money we would have hard life here"

But you know what everyone???????? He married his own kind and stayed in jordan!

So the life would have been hard for me to live with him and by the way I would have brought money and worked but it was not to tuff for him to take a wife over there?

When someone truely loves you from the pit of thier heart (and of course that is what we all want)

They are not thinking clearly about how you are going to servive they are happy just to be with you!

If they truely love you they will welcome you with open arms in jordan america ect.....

Ask those questions and here the responses you will get and if you have doubt then when the break-up happens you can look back like I did and know you where the stupid one!

I have a big heart I think we all have a big heart I mean who in gods name would wait here in america for a foriegn man to come and take that risk not to mention he is coming with nothing.

It is because we are very vulnerable. You either do it for culturial reason or you met here in the states or if your going over to a strange country it could be because your lonely like I was.

Honestly at that time I was lonely I just got divorced felt ugly fat ect...

And here was this young guy who claimed to love me. I was blinded.

God will protect you in any choice you make as long as you ask him for guidence and like I said before mine never did get his papers!

HA HA HA HA

I guess I had the last laugh!

Timeline

I would also think it is safe to say if you married a divorcee or an older gentalman then he does not have that dream of going back home and marrying a virgin bride like is promised in paradise.

I will say this I am a muslim and love my religion but that is the one thing that I just don't understand why god would promise that in heavan.

In my personal experience I would rather marry someone that I can talk to the rest of my life then have a virgin bride and find out later we have nothing in common.

I just was outside and met my nieghbor ( I know bad I been living here over a year) anyway this area is upper class nice area big houses ect..

And we get to talking and this guy is good looking charming very nice man I always see him taking care of his home.

Anyway we where talking about kids and he tells me "I have 3 " wow I said he said ya two are grown and one is 2 years old?

I said "wow and your starting over "? He said well my wife had two when we met.

I thought how wonderfull is that he married a women with 2 kids and he loves her to death and then when I walked away I thought "ya and in the middle east you would have been an outcast or have to marry an old man"

HHHHHMMMMMM

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Filed: Timeline

I would like to thank you for posting your story and i am sure you helped somebody out there at least be more observant about the man they are petitioning for. They dont necesarily have to be arab , it could be any man, but at least you had the guts to tell your story and feelings about what happened to you. Weather its excepted or not that is thier problem, and i thank you for that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

IMO it was amazing that this person opened up about the experiences she had, no one likes to air their dirty laundry to be specilated upon by complete strangers.

WE all have to remember that we went into these relationships with open eyes and open hearts. It's the same in ANY relationship. True that some of these men only want the green card, and hey, who can blame them?

When I read this post and about what happened in Jackies marriage, I was ready to phone my husband and cancel everything and ask for a divorce.

Then someone (thank you) suggested to me that I think before I did anything drastic. So I did.

I love my husaband, and I believe with all my heart that he loves me the same. I have never had any reason to doubt him. If I were to end this relationship now, I would never know what may have happened in the long run. Am I willing to take the chance that it will end with my heart being broken? I can only answer that with another question. Am I willing to end it now and lose the chance that he does love me the same and ours will be a long and happy marriage? No, I am not.

I can't think that Jackie regrets one day of her marriage, though I don't say those words with any knowledge of what happened in that marriage. Only Jackie knows how she feels about that. I know she is heartbroken now, but regrets? Maybe only that it has ended.

So, I will do whatever I have to do to bring my husband to the US. I will do what it takes to make him happy in our marriage, without losing who I am because of it. I will help him, stand by him, just be there for him and I will love him.

Maybe he will leave, only time can tell, and only God knows. He will be the one to lose, even though he may have gained a green card, he will have lost a woman that loves him unconditionally. There will never be another woman to love him the same as me, because there is only one me.

If, in the end, he does leave, I will have better prepared myself for that possibility because of all the knowledge I have gained here, but it won't change the way I love him now.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Timeline

I have to say, reading all of this this past week has made me think alot about my marriage and my life with my husband. At times, I think my husband really, truly loves me and other times, I think he's doing this marriage to support his family back home and get the green card. This morning, he woke up crabby. He hasn't been able to sleep all that well, waking up at odd hours. Maybe his conscious is not clear, like sending more money to Jordan behind my back. Anyway, I have this cross that's been special to me, left it on my bed board along with the rosary I bought in Jordan on my first visit. He said this morning, THROW IT OUT! GET RID OF IT! I said, what you think it's keeping you from sleeping? He looked at me and said, I'M NOT CHRISTIAN, THROW IT OUT!" I didn't throw it out, even though all is in my heart, figures don't mean anything to me, I just kept it there to ward off any evil thingys, I put it in a drawer. So, it seems as time goes by, he keeps changing. I told him, if you ask me to get rid of my dogs, it will be you I get rid of coz im not changing my entire life for you. Remember, we brought them here, and yes they left their families, awe! But, they didn't want us to really live there. So really, they benefited more than we did by coming to America.

Peace

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
I have to say, reading all of this this past week has made me think alot about my marriage and my life with my husband. At times, I think my husband really, truly loves me and other times, I think he's doing this marriage to support his family back home and get the green card. This morning, he woke up crabby. He hasn't been able to sleep all that well, waking up at odd hours. Maybe his conscious is not clear, like sending more money to Jordan behind my back. Anyway, I have this cross that's been special to me, left it on my bed board along with the rosary I bought in Jordan on my first visit. He said this morning, THROW IT OUT! GET RID OF IT! I said, what you think it's keeping you from sleeping? He looked at me and said, I'M NOT CHRISTIAN, THROW IT OUT!" I didn't throw it out, even though all is in my heart, figures don't mean anything to me, I just kept it there to ward off any evil thingys, I put it in a drawer. So, it seems as time goes by, he keeps changing. I told him, if you ask me to get rid of my dogs, it will be you I get rid of coz im not changing my entire life for you. Remember, we brought them here, and yes they left their families, awe! But, they didn't want us to really live there. So really, they benefited more than we did by coming to America.

Peace

Andrea

andrea sounds like you have some big doubts going on and from what i read faisal has been doing some shady things by sending money back to Jordan without your knowledge especially when i know how tight money is for you. I'll be on Yahoo later and try to catch up with you.

Angel

Filed: Timeline

You know my fiance also spoke of sending money to his family. He is not here yet and one time he told me . You know what ? I said what? the first pay check i get i really want to send my parents to mecca for prilgrimage. Do you mind? I thought to myself. All the sacrifices i made for him and he is thinking of his family first that isnt even sending him money for schooling in this other country that he lives in :angry: . This past few days has made me think alot about things especially after so many posts about fraud. I broke up with him about one month ago. I really think i made the right decision. I think i would of been another stitistic in some book. Our petiton got denied about one year ago and maybe it was for the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.