GEOntificator

Service Request - Does it even make sense?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

My I-751 is currently outside of normal processing time. I know these applications take forever. Will submitting a SR help anything at all or is it a moot point? My case is in Patomac unfortunately..

I submitted a service request as soon as it was outside normal processing on June 29, 2022 which was a day later. USCIS responded on Aug 18 with a response that both I-751 and N-400 was pending and will be adjudicated at the same time. This response was generic as I was already informed previously.

I also contacted my Senator and they contacted USCIS on my behalf. (Please note my Senator process is they will only Inquire if process is outside processing time). My Senator office sent inquiry on July 18 and USCIS responded on August 22nd and was similar response as I received but with more details. They requested to be respectively contacted within 60 days if an interview is not scheduled. My status online date was updated from Sept 2019 to Aug 22, 2022. In Sept 13th USCIS status was updated saying an interview was scheduled. So 22 days from their response to the Senator and 35 days from first inquiry. I suggest you reach out to.your Senator as you get better response. You can still send your inquiry.

019.  You also filed a Form N-40

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.