Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

523 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

I would appreciate any info. I’m leaving out Monday to get to my husband and his family to make funeral arrangements. What do I do if our application gets approved while I’m there? How long do I have after it’s been approved to file with the NVC? I know we can wait up to 2-3 weeks for our welcome letter in the mail, but who receives the welcome letter, me or my husband? Any help would be great. 

Petitioner and Beneficiary will receive “Case Creation” email from NVC generally within 7 days. You’ll have to log in with the IDs to pay AOS & IV fees, upload documents, and complete DS260. I believe you can stay in this stage for a year. Check out the thread about delaying at NVC stage. 

Sorry for your loss. 

49 minutes ago, bencdxb said:

Woohoo - approval just came through about half an hour ago.

PD 13 Sept 2022, notification from Potomac, but never got notified that it got moved from TSC to PSC.

Now onto the next stage and multiple country police checks

Congratulations! Did you decide on switching to London embassy?

1 hour ago, MarmiteC said:

Congratulations! Did you decide on switching to London embassy?

Yeah, going to switch to the London embassy and bear the costs of flying in for medicals and interview.

21 minutes ago, bencdxb said:

Yeah, going to switch to the London embassy and bear the costs of flying in for medicals and interview.

Good move.  Interviews are scheduled quickly there.  Mine is next Tuesday and I was DQ'd 15th June

For anyone else who's been approved by USCIS and going through NVC, how long did it take for your initial NVC email to come through?

The i130 letter said I can't chase NVC until 3rd September, but thought the notification and initial process was quicker than a full month later.

1 hour ago, bencdxb said:

For anyone else who's been approved by USCIS and going through NVC, how long did it take for your initial NVC email to come through?

The i130 letter said I can't chase NVC until 3rd September, but thought the notification and initial process was quicker than a full month later.

Around 4 days after case updated as sent to department of state. took around 3 days then to accept fees to begin filing.

17 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

Around 4 days after case updated as sent to department of state. took around 3 days then to accept fees to begin filing.

How long did it take for the case status to be updated to case sent to DOS? Saw something on my status that case closed after the approval was updated on the status. 

Edited by Peter and Tam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Fellow September 2022 fillers. We also got our standalone i-130 approved! Case status did not change on the USCIS portal but in the document section there was an approval letter. We filed on 15th September 2022. Our case was being processed at California visa center. 

Hope everyone's process moves forward soon👍

39 minutes ago, rachit said:

Hello Fellow September 2022 fillers. We also got our standalone i-130 approved! Case status did not change on the USCIS portal but in the document section there was an approval letter. We filed on 15th September 2022. Our case was being processed at California visa center. 

Hope everyone's process moves forward soon👍

Congrats 

15 hours ago, Peter and Tam said:

How long did it take for the case status to be updated to case sent to DOS? Saw something on my status that case closed after the approval was updated on the status. 

Around 4 days.

Our timeline: Approved 28th April, Sent to department of state 4th May, Welcome email 8th May.  Both fees were attempted to be paid on 8th May, but DS-260 fees failed, re-sent 11th May.  All final documents submitted 31st May (I had to wait for my police check as I wasn't ready for such a fast approval.) NVC RFE 14th June, RFE uploaded same day, DQ 15th June (Which also surprised me as I expected to wait 2 weeks again.)  

I'm London embassy: IL received 29th June.  Medical 13th July,  Interview is tomorrow, 8th August.

3 hours ago, MarmiteC said:

Around 4 days.

Our timeline: Approved 28th April, Sent to department of state 4th May, Welcome email 8th May.  Both fees were attempted to be paid on 8th May, but DS-260 fees failed, re-sent 11th May.  All final documents submitted 31st May (I had to wait for my police check as I wasn't ready for such a fast approval.) NVC RFE 14th June, RFE uploaded same day, DQ 15th June (Which also surprised me as I expected to wait 2 weeks again.)  

I'm London embassy: IL received 29th June.  Medical 13th July,  Interview is tomorrow, 8th August.

Thanks for the detailed timeline and wish you best of luck for your interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Another approval over here!! I didn't get an email about second AR, just an email saying "We have taken action on your case."

Filed online Sept 9th 2022

Started in Nebraska, got sent to Vermont (not sure when that happened)

Sent K3 March 17 2023

Approved August 7th 2023

My husband is filing with Italian nationality, we are both living and applying from Chile.

Hoping everyone else gets their approval soon! 🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ms_gv said:

Another approval over here!! I didn't get an email about second AR, just an email saying "We have taken action on your case."

Sent K3 March 17 2023

Approved August 7th 2023

My husband is filing with Italian nationality, we are both living and applying from Chile.

Just checked - the second AR was on August 4th, we just never got any email about it!

16 minutes ago, ms_gv said:

Sent K3 March 17 2023

Approved August 7th 2023

Congratulations!!!

Had my interview today and was approved!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳 less than 11 months in total for us. Somewhere we got really lucky, but I love seeing all the September approvals coming through!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.