Shikin Turner

I have been issued Section 221g

24 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

rapid visa should have advised u to do tax returns with a US address

just on SSA for retirement ,  most do  not do tax returns after age 65

or if we have less than $14,250 if single and $26, 450 if married in other taxable income 

he can not add u to his health care insurance as he has medicare so he will need to be able to purchase a plan for u

My husband never missed filing his tax return every year as he has investments in the US CitiGold.  He have a tax accountant doing the tax return for him every year.  Otherwise IRS will chase his tail to the grave. Yes that is correct on the health care, we need to get one for me.  I dont know  much about medicare, but my husband have private insurance with Cigna that he is paying every quarter. 

6 hours ago, Mel.King said:

So sad that it's completely normal! But it is! So many ppl separated from their families during this lengthy process. 

I feel like the NVC needs to do a better job at checking documents, just my opinion. Isn't that the whole point of the NVC? If this issue came up during the NVC processing time, it would've been sorted by now. Most people assume that the fact that they got DQ'ed means that all documents are there and in order, but many times that is actually not the case. To get this news at the interview is absolutely devastating, so close to the end only to be pushed back again. I really feel for you OP. 

We are devastated.  Now a week on after interview, still no email from Embassy to tell us what to do and how to send the documents to them.  The consular said I will get email within 1-2 days with instruction on how to submit the documents to them, but none so far.  We are waiting anxiously, cant eat, cant sleep, absolutely gutted.

We should have used immigration lawyer in the first place instead on Rapid Visa.  This will be another lengthy wait.  My passport is at the embassy.

1 hour ago, Shikin Turner said:

are devastated.  Now a week on after interview, still no email from Embassy to tell us what to do and how to send the documents to them.  The consular said I will get email within 1-2 days with instruction on how to submit the documents to them, but none so far.  We are waiting anxiously, cant eat, cant sleep, absolutely gutted.

We should have used immigration lawyer in the first place instead on Rapid Visa.  This will be another lengthy wait.  My passport is at the embassy.

You have accomplished quite a bit in establishing the intent to re establish domicile, so just upload the documents to CEAC , I believe there is Additional Evidence tab , title it “ Domicile “.

You can also send an email to the IV unit advising them you have submitted the required proof for re-establishing domicile and stress the urgency of your husband’s health and if any immediate medical reasons . 

So upload the docs , it’s just a little hiccup, you will be granted. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, Shikin Turner said:

My husband never missed filing his tax return every year as he has investments in the US CitiGold.  He have a tax accountant doing the tax return for him every year.  Otherwise IRS will chase his tail to the grave. Yes that is correct on the health care, we need to get one for me.  I dont know  much about medicare, but my husband have private insurance with Cigna that he is paying every quarter. 

CIGNA would be his supplemental insurance as medicare is primary

he can not add u to that policy as its related to the medicare 

but he can buy a CIGNA policy for you (that's after he satisfies the residency requirement)_

your husband needs to establish residency in the US 

he can return to US

get a DL in the state u will live in

get a lease for an apartment or

put a downpayment on a condo or house or

letter from family saying he will live there while he searches for his own place

What were your plans on living arrangements when u got here?

This is encouraging, thank you so much. 

I have checked Visa Appointment Service on how to submit the additional documents to the Embassy. 

14 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

CIGNA would be his supplemental insurance as medicare is primary

he can not add u to that policy as its related to the medicare 

but he can buy a CIGNA policy for you (that's after he satisfies the residency requirement)_

your husband needs to establish residency in the US 

he can return to US

get a DL in the state u will live in

get a lease for an apartment or

put a downpayment on a condo or house or

letter from family saying he will live there while he searches for his own place

What were your plans on living arrangements when u got here?

Hi, I dont need him paying for my insurance.  I already have a job offer that will be paying up to $1000 a months for my insurance and family members.  In this case will be just for me as my husband is already with Cigna.  Should be enough I guess.

Our plan is to rent a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment closer to work for 3 months to start with while waiting for our belonging to arrive, could take 3 to 4 months to arrive anyway with the current situation. We will use that 3 months to look around areas that we might like, to live permanently, then we decide either to buy or to rent first, don't want to rush buying something, just wanted to be certain that we like living in that areas first.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shikin Turner said:

Hi, I dont need him paying for my insurance.  I already have a job offer that will be paying up to $1000 a months for my insurance and family members.  In this case will be just for me as my husband is already with Cigna.  Should be enough I guess.

Our plan is to rent a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment closer to work for 3 months to start with while waiting for our belonging to arrive, could take 3 to 4 months to arrive anyway with the current situation. We will use that 3 months to look around areas that we might like, to live permanently, then we decide either to buy or to rent first, don't want to rush buying something, just wanted to be certain that we like living in that areas first.  

then provide the lease agreement for the apartment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, Shikin Turner said:

If you get insured through your employer, then that’s all you get. If it’s a good policy depends on what the employer negotiated with the company they chose.  Your husband likely has a Medicare Advantage policy administered by Cigna. 

You don’t need for your husband to move first or start paying a lease on an apartment. London will accept what you have as your intent to reestablish  domicile. They are not strict on domicile. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.