Usaginomimi

(K1 VISA) Why the DOS sends case to USCIS for review after approval notice ?

27 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Usaginomimi said:

Hello Jorgedig,   I have just received the second approval 40 days after our case was sent back to USCIS.  I have no idea why it went back to USCIS. I am now waiting for the case number to come. Another a couple of months waiting?? But, the most stressful part is over.  Thank you.

Thanks for the update!   The processing time for the next part is more dependent upon your consulate than USCIS.   Hopefully it moves right along!

14 hours ago, Jessica and Umar said:

Wow, thank you. Did USCIS provide any reason why your case was sent back then reaffirmed? And did you end up submitting an inquiry with USCIS or anything? 

No, they didn't provide any reason. We sent inquiry to USCIS only once. Instead of their reply, we received the second approval. 

On 10/8/2022 at 10:07 AM, Usaginomimi said:

Hi, I have just received approval notice for the second time. I hope yours will come soon.

Thank you for giving us some hope! We are on Day 11! I hope NVC sends your case to the embassy ASAP and the rest of the process goes smoothly for you.  

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 9/4/2022 at 6:30 AM, Usaginomimi said:

Hi,

We have applied the K1 VISA last year and we have got a notice of approval. We have been waiting for the Case number since then.

Instead of the Case number, We have received a notice that "the Department of State sent our case to USCIS for review.

We are reviewing it, and will notify you by mail when we are done.".

We assume that that Department of State returned our case to the USCIS to review our case again.

Does this meant that they found a problem/problems with the once approved application ?

If you have the same experiences, What can be the reason of returning the case to the USCIS ?

If the case is returned to the USCIS, is it unlikely to be approved ?

We are confused and depressed having received this notice after an approval notice.

I would appreciate it if you could share your experiences.

Many thanks,

Usaginomimi

I am waiting for the second NOA2 it's been 26 days now, the waiting is super hard really 

• 11 months later...
Timeline
On 4/20/2023 at 4:41 PM, kadida said:

Thank you for giving me hope!

Can u tell me how long it took u to get reapproved again? I’m on the same boat and it suck’s not knowing what’s going on. I’m on day 19 waiting to hear something from uscis again. I tried sending inquiries but it said I can’t send any inquiries right now. 

Timeline
On 10/17/2022 at 6:27 PM, Jessica and Umar said:

Thank you for giving us some hope! We are on Day 11! I hope NVC sends your case to the embassy ASAP and the rest of the process goes smoothly for you.  

Jessica how l I’m die urs take to get noa2 I’m waiting again as on same boat and I’m on day 19 and I can’t send any inquiry I don’t know why it tells me I can’t send any inquiry 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.