JJ1008

Do I need to add a joint sponsor?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got an email from the NVC telling me to log into CEAC to check my updated status, when I logged in, my document status changed from submitted to "accepted", but I noticed there were two messages in the inbox and the first message says:

"This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. "

But then another message was sent after it saying:

"All required applicant documents have been recieved and approved. Documentarily Qualified."

I then got an email saying:
"The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.

NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MONTREAL, CAN to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable)."

So my question is which is it? Does this mean I should upload new joint sponsor documents to CEAC, or should I just bring new documents to my interview, or was this possibly a mistake? 

If anyone has experienced something similar, any help would be much appreciated!

Are you using assets? Did you just move from Canada and start a new job in the US so your 2021 taxes show an income of zero?

This is a standard message. You've been DQ'ed. You are now waiting in line for interview. Read reviews out of Montreal to see if you should line up a joint sponsor. It is your choice but the CO will make the decision at the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Are you using assets? Did you just move from Canada and start a new job in the US so your 2021 taxes show an income of zero?

This is a standard message. You've been DQ'ed. You are now waiting in line for interview. Read reviews out of Montreal to see if you should line up a joint sponsor. It is your choice but the CO will make the decision at the interview. 

Thank you for your response! My husband's my sponsor and he had no income in 2021 because he did not work that entire year, as he was living in Canada with me at the time and he wasn't allowed to work in Canada. He moved back to the US at the end of 2021 and his current income for 2022 was higher than the poverty threshold when we submitted our documents to the NVC, so I'm assuming we got the joint sponsor notice because his previous years income was zero on his tax return. Regardless our situation has changed and I have to add a joint sponsor because he had to take leave from his job recently and won't make enough this year to be my sole sponsor, but the NVC isn't aware of that yet, so I figured we could combine a household member's income with his to meet the income requirement since his mother lives at the same residence. I guess I was just confused that one message said I need to submit joint sponsor documents and then the other says our documents are approved. I just want to make sure I don't need to submit more documents to CEAC, and can just bring the new docs to the interview instead. 

10 minutes ago, JJ1008 said:

Thank you for your response! My husband's my sponsor and he had no income in 2021 because he did not work that entire year, as he was living in Canada with me at the time and he wasn't allowed to work in Canada. He moved back to the US at the end of 2021 and his current income for 2022 was higher than the poverty threshold when we submitted our documents to the NVC, so I'm assuming we got the joint sponsor notice because his previous years income was zero on his tax return. Regardless our situation has changed and I have to add a joint sponsor because he had to take leave from his job recently and won't make enough this year to be my sole sponsor, but the NVC isn't aware of that yet, so I figured we could combine a household member's income with his to meet the income requirement since his mother lives at the same residence. I guess I was just confused that one message said I need to submit joint sponsor documents and then the other says our documents are approved. I just want to make sure I don't need to submit more documents to CEAC, and can just bring the new docs to the interview instead. 

Have a look at the Canada forum to see which is better... 

Uploaded to CEAC or taking documents to the consulate. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

What if u receive the same message from nvc accepting all documents then sent u 2

Messages fe case review note 1 one saying this case doesn't meet the minimum income requirements and that a join sponsor is needed and went further by saying the consulate will decide at the time of the interview then the second saying financial evidence what do they mean 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.