Ta Ta

UPDATE on our case

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I called DOS like I always call routinely every 2 weeks and asked about my status update.

The agent said that she can see on her screen that the embassy has entered data regarding a DNA test requirement for

my fiance and his daughter.

I asked what date ?

She said July 13.

The daughter is on the petition BUT she is not accompanying him when the visa is issued. She will FOLLOW after 1 year.

We don't need a DNA test yet if she is not coming now ! I emailed the embassy in regards to this and asked for a later testing when

the daughter will follow. I hope they will agree to this and not hold him up any longer .

Anyone with a similar situation?

They have not even contacted us about this ....... 7 month after the interview. Had I not called DOS I would not

have known.

I can't believe this !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Sorry, I have no words, but I do want you to know I will remain by your side until this is all over and beyond. You are not alone in this. Please take the time for yourself to get your head together and then pick up the pieces and work towards fighting this. You will gain the strength and one day soon you will see the end of this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amen. You know my stand on this.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Thank you VJ family and my dear friends.

The embassy emailed today to say though they understand that the daughter will follow later, they "recommend" the DNA test.

If we don't comply they will not proceed with the case.

They are forcing the K1 into a K2 in a twisted kind of way.

I checked on the test expense , it is $685. He needs to take the test in Dakar, Senegal.

He can not travel by ground transportation through several countries in the current rainy season, the roads are too bad. The rainy season ends in October.

He needs to also cross a river with a ferry and there is flooding in many areas.

With elections next month it is too dangerous, especially for the 16 year old daughter to travel the 4 days it will take to

reach Dakar, Senegal via 2 countries.

I have emailed the embassy again, pleading with them to allow the testing in his home country or at least Monrovia, Liberia as he is close

to the border.

I don't know what they will say.

We need prayer !

Timeline

Also the embassy never emailed any instructions about how to proceed with the DNA testing. I will email them again for specific

instructions as I am unable to read their minds. This involves only a few labs in the US and fedex hassles.

Then the results sit at the embassy without being looked at and collecting dust.

It has been over a year since my NOA1 and since I have seen my soulmate.

God help me !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I've been following your case in the background and my prayers are with you. Keep up the faith!

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My request for a closer collection location for the DNA test ( to proof paternity between my fiance and his daughter ) was met with a totaly confusing reply from the embassy. I also asked if the test could be done later when she follows within one year or if we can submit sworn statements from a doctor, the school, the police department and the birth certificate as proof of paternity. Below in caps the respone:

IN ORDER TO PROCEED WITH THIS APPLICATION FOR AN IMMIGRANT VISA THIS OFFICE MUST CONFIRM MR.XX ELIGIBLITY FOR THAT VISA.

UNFORTUNATELY MR.XX COULD NOT ESTABLISH A FAMILY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PETITIONER AT THE TIME OF HIS IMMIGRATION VISA INTERVIEW.

THE INTERVIEWING CONSULAR OFFICER SUGGESTED DNA TESTING AS THE EASIEST WAY FOR YOU TO ESTABLISH FAMILY RELATIONSHIP.

Have they lost their mind ? As a K1 we do NOT have to proof family relationship with DNA to the petitioner ( me ) !

HE IS WELCOME TO SUBMIT ANY OTHER PROOFS ESTABLISHING A FAMILY RELATIONSHIP ON THE PETITIONER. IN THIS CASE WE WOULD NEED TO CONDUCT AN INVESTIGATION TO CONFIRM THE FAMILY RELATIONSHIP. GIVEN OUR LIMITED RESOURCES THESE TYPES OF INVESTIGATIONS ARE TAKING OVER ONE

YEAR.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT MR.XX DECIDES TO DO.

I fired off no less than 3 emails to the embassy to clarify this mess and contacted Senator Obama.

I expect to hear back from them by the end of next week.

This has been nothing but disaster with this embassy. We have to spend $ 685 for a blasted DNA test that is irrelevant now as the child is following later and

they have to go through hell to get there and back for a 1min test and spend hundreds of $$$$ to get there.

I am so fed up with this.

Timeline

Have they lost their mind, you ask? Well, you can't loose something you never had ! All they have to do is look at the photo's of you and #### that you submitted with your petition because clearly anyone with half their vision can see there is NO WAY you two could be related !

I pray you get some answers and resolve to this F ed up mess. This is just way tooooo crazy ! Grrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

In the meantime, keep standing, Sis.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Naggie. Yes, i am still standing. Bending and weaving but solid on my feet.

Actualy they WANT us to be related in order to proceed with the case.according to their mail.

I hope it is just a terrible paste / copy job by an incompetent assistant.

I can hardly contain myself until I get their next response and want to

go rip a tree out.

And why didn't they request a DNA paternity test 8 month ago ? We don't neeeeeeeeeed paternity established NOW if she follows in a year.

Is there no one here who went through sub-saharan DNA issues ?

Daughter is listed on my petition and his forms like she is supposed to .......... all children are to be listed if they accompany or follow or not.

The box "following" was even checked as no in his forms because she is not even following immediatley.

The intend is for her to follow within the allowable year after the visa is issued for my fiance. Why not do DNA testing then ?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

WOW is all I can say. I am shocked at this obvious lack of rationale and direction. This is simply outrageous. I am sure that your Sentator's office witll be able to help you sort this out. Do NOT lose your faith. I know that is easy for me to say. But you can do it. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am sorry for the further trouble with your case, I keep thinking that soon it will be over for you. please keep the faith and a positive attitude. You are in our prayers.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

UPDATE :

Dakar will not allow the DNA test at any other panel physician, only in Dakar.

Dakar also will not allow us to take my fiance's daughter off the petition/application ( for later filing ). Our K1 is being processed as a K2 and there is nothing we can do. Senator is not responding.

We were given a choice to either proceed with the DNA testing NOW( even though we want to get the daughter later with a I-130 ) or

wait 12 months or longer for them to verify further documents.

I found a lab that may do it for $ 510, not sure yet. The flight to Dakar for both will be around $ 800.

Time for another loan. Moan.

Timeline

Time to mail that ' LETTER' .....

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.