Sketch

Should I upload more proof of domicile for Petitioner?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings, 

My wife petitioned for me and has filled and submitted i864 AOS and already submitted few days back with other supporting AOS documents. But she used only her driver's license as "proof of domicile". 

We have just realized from our further research that just driver's license isn't a good or enough proof of Domicile.

My question is She has other proofs of US domicile, even though she has already submitted her documents with "Driver's license" as only proof of domicile. Should she add the other proof of domicile through "additional AOS supporting documents" botton? 

Please advise as I don't want this to cause delay for us. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, randy32 said:

She can add other proofs, you can never tell if it will be considered.

Else just have to wait and hope you don't get an RFE

Really limited in what one can do now

@randy32 Alright . Thanks for your response 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sketch said:

Greetings, 

My wife petitioned for me and has filled and submitted i864 AOS and already submitted few days back with other supporting AOS documents. But she used only her driver's license as "proof of domicile". 

We have just realized from our further research that just driver's license isn't a good or enough proof of Domicile.

My question is She has other proofs of US domicile, even though she has already submitted her documents with "Driver's license" as only proof of domicile. Should she add the other proof of domicile through "additional AOS supporting documents" botton? 

Please advise as I don't want this to cause delay for us. 

@pushbrk

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, Sketch said:

If she's already living in the USA, there is no need for petitioner domicile evidence, not even the driver license was needed.  If she is NOT living the US, then tell us how long she's been gone, whether she has a job etc.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

If she's already living in the USA, there is no need for petitioner domicile evidence, not even the driver license was needed.  If she is NOT living the US, then tell us how long she's been gone, whether she has a job etc.

@pushbrk

She is living in the US and works there too. You mean she doesn't need to upload anything for proof of domicile?

Joint sponsor also lives and work in the US and her proof of domicile was requested for upload. 

4 hours ago, Sketch said:

@pushbrk

She is living in the US and works there too. You mean she doesn't need to upload anything for proof of domicile?

Joint sponsor also lives and work in the US and her proof of domicile was requested for upload. 

Now that is completely different from what you originally said.

Domicile for joint sponsor is different than domicile for the primary sponsor, your USC petitioner.

Any joint sponsor must be either a USC or LPR, and evidence of that is required.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Now that is completely different from what you originally said.

Domicile for joint sponsor is different than domicile for the primary sponsor, your USC petitioner.

Any joint sponsor must be either a USC or LPR, and evidence of that is required.

@Jorgedig @pushbrk

Primary Sponsor and Joint sponsor are both USC. 

The image Below is what I saw while trying to upload proof of domicile for joint sponsor. 

So what proof of domicile do I need to provide?

20220718_095653.jpg

Edited by Sketch
To be more specific by attaching image

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sketch said:

@Jorgedig @pushbrk

Primary Sponsor and Joint sponsor are both USC. 

The image Below is what I saw while trying to upload proof of domicile for joint sponsor. 

So what proof of domicile do I need to provide?

20220718_095653.jpg

Which of the items on the above list are available?  Most usually available would be a utility bill or driver license with US address.  This is not rocket science.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Which of the items on the above list are available?  Most usually available would be a utility bill or driver license with US address.  This is not rocket science.  

@pushbrk I have Utility bill, drivers licence and lease Agreement. 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Sketch said:

@pushbrk I have Utility bill, drivers licence and lease Agreement. 

So, the message says "one of the...." and you have three.  Good to go.  Simple as that.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

So, the message says "one of the...." and you have three.  Good to go.  Simple as that.

@pushbrk

Alright. Thanks. I appreciate you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.