Waitingtolong

July Interview Letters

195 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Laud said:

Also waiting for London. There is only one timeline on VJ at the moment with an interview scheduled in London.

Hey. My DQ date is 27th June. What’s yours? I hoping to hear this week. What do you think? 

4 hours ago, Tyler Joseph said:

Hey. My DQ date is 27th June. What’s yours? I hoping to hear this week. What do you think? 

Our was only last week 12 July. There is someone in the UK subforum who DQed 21 June so I'd guess either:

A) It'll be at least a 3 week wait; or,

B) a whole load of interviews will be scheduled at the same time

Selfishly, I'm hoping for B. Have you booked a medical yet or are you waiting on the interview letter?

1 hour ago, Laud said:

Our was only last week 12 July. There is someone in the UK subforum who DQed 21 June so I'd guess either:

A) It'll be at least a 3 week wait; or,

B) a whole load of interviews will be scheduled at the same time

Selfishly, I'm hoping for B. Have you booked a medical yet or are you waiting on the interview letter?

Medical was last week, booked it in with no problems! I’m hoping to hear next week, it’s dragging now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Anybody here have an update? Tomorrow's gonna be the fourth week since DQ. This is getting ridiculous. How would my embassy have gotten more than a month's worth of backlog in less than a month?

Just now, Nika P said:

Anybody here have an update? Tomorrow's gonna be the fourth week since DQ. This is getting ridiculous. How would my embassy have gotten more than a month's worth of backlog in less than a month?

I’m hoping one of the VisaJourney forum experts will contribute to this thread, as it seems to be another NVC mystery. Clearly something is going on as the issue is across multiple embassies. Are NVC deliberately sitting on files? 

26 minutes ago, Redrobot said:

I’m hoping one of the VisaJourney forum experts will contribute to this thread, as it seems to be another NVC mystery. Clearly something is going on as the issue is across multiple embassies. Are NVC deliberately sitting on files? 

really wish this is going to move for all of us this week... it makes it so difficult to plan anything with jobs and all. Maybe summer is slowing down everything, but it does not make much sense. Positive thoughts for this week 🙂

3 minutes ago, MSC2021 said:

really wish this is going to move for all of us this week... it makes it so difficult to plan anything with jobs and all. Maybe summer is slowing down everything, but it does not make much sense. Positive thoughts for this week 🙂

Likewise.. I emailed the embassy last week enquiring how long it typically takes, but received no response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 minute ago, Redrobot said:

Likewise.. I emailed the embassy last week enquiring how long it typically takes, but received no response.

Also emailed mine last week Tuesday. The last time I emailed them it took them 12 days to respond. The time before that it only took them a couple of days... bureaucracy am I right? 😒

On the interviews thread in the UK forum, the last person to recieve an interview for the London office recieved it on June 3rd.

On the timeline search there is one person who recieved an interview since then (DQ June 8. IL June 27. Interview August 23).

So it definitely seems as though interview appointments have slowed signifcantly over the last 5 weeks in the London Embassy.

I am DQ June 17 and we are also waiting for interview letter.  Others just a week ahead of us received their’s 2 weeks ago.  We are almost at 5 weeks and still nothing.  Its like they just stopped giving interview letters this month.  

I have been tracking when they send interview letters specially for Mumbai.

CR-1 Interview letters were send to people in india on these dates. there is 4 week difference between these dates.

5/23/2022, 6/20/2022 

so based on that information people should be receiving Interview letters this week for sure.

13 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

I have been tracking when they send interview letters specially for Mumbai.

CR-1 Interview letters were send to people in india on these dates. there is 4 week difference between these dates.

5/23/2022, 6/20/2022 

so based on that information people should be receiving Interview letters this week for sure.

ok lets hope so!! I’m getting so upset

6 minutes ago, MrsFerchichi said:

ok lets hope so!! I’m getting so upset

I’m hoping a VJ forum expert knows what the pattern is usually… of course it varies per embassy but surely there’s a pattern to the NVC part of the scheduling process. Maybe during summer months they instead prioritise travel and study visas for the new term or so?! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Our lawyer has zero insight into this.

1 hour ago, Redrobot said:

I’m hoping a VJ forum expert knows what the pattern is usually… of course it varies per embassy but surely there’s a pattern to the NVC part of the scheduling process. Maybe during summer months they instead prioritise travel and study visas for the new term or so?! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Our lawyer has zero insight into this.

Yes, I obviously wasn't tracking the interview dates as closely 12 months ago so have no idea what's normal. The student visa suggestion seems very feasible to me - it makes sense to prioritise those who have a hard deadline for arrival and bring a lot of money in over those of us waiting for family visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.