Broccoli Girl

Online check in while traveling on AP

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I've tried looking for answers to this question here and in other groups but kept getting different answers. Hoping someone who has traveled recently can share their experience.

I will be traveling back to my home country next week with my combo card (EAD/AP). I'm trying to put in our passport information for online check-in and the Asiana airlines website is asking for my country of residence. Is it my home country, or USA?

Also, when I tried clicking on USA as my country of residence, it's asking for a Permanent Residency number. IF I should choose USA as my country of residence, what do I put as my Permanent Residency number - is it my Alien registration number, or combo card number?

I also tried calling the airline's hotline but couldn't get through, probably due to the peak travel period.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 minute ago, Broccoli Girl said:

Hello! I've tried looking for answers to this question here and in other groups but kept getting different answers. Hoping someone who has traveled recently can share their experience.

Online check in with  AP never worked for my wife.  

I will be traveling back to my home country next week with my combo card (EAD/AP). I'm trying to put in our passport information for online check-in and the Asiana airlines website is asking for my country of residence. Is it my home country, or USA?

USA 

Also, when I tried clicking on USA as my country of residence, it's asking for a Permanent Residency number. IF I should choose USA as my country of residence, what do I put as my Permanent Residency number - is it my Alien registration number, or combo card number?

I also tried calling the airline's hotline but couldn't get through, probably due to the peak travel period.

You don’t have a green card so I dint think online check in is going to work. I wouldn’t expect airlines to adapt their software to accommodate maybe 500,000 people at any given time versus the 8 billion people in the potentially addressable market 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

When my wife and I traveled on her AP/EAD card many times in and out of the country, I always used USA, and yes, we used the Combo card number and were able to check in. Expect some scrutiny at the airport ticket counter if you get a employee that has no idea what a EAD/AP card is ( 80% possibility). You should be able to check in online.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks y'all for your input! Guess I'll just try to check in online, and also get to the airport extra early to give time for that extra scrutiny.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.