Oleksandra

HELP,What a temper has Georgia State Congressman?

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

Does anybody know what kinds of temper have a Georgia State's Congressman?

And if we decide to contact with him weather he could help with the visa process or not?

Unfortunately I can't help with how the congressman would react to your request (whether good or bad). But the way I see it, is that you can only try. If the congressman turns around and says (s)he won't help, then you have lost nothing because you are in the same predicament that you are in now. If they turn around and say they will help, then you have gained.

As you don't have a timeline, I'm unsure how long you have been waiting for your approval. One point to bare in mind, is that I don't think congressman can do much if the case is within the USCIS processing times.

Edited by C and J

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello!

Does anybody know what kinds of temper have a Georgia State's Congressman?

And if we decide to contact with him weather he could help with the visa process or not?

Usually the Congressperson doesn't personally get involved. A staff member deals with immigration issues. Their reaction usually depends on what kind of help you need and why. They will generally help if there are problems and try to be polite if you are just asking for favors.

Their role is to help, if possible, when something out of the ordinary is happening in your process. They can't speed up an otherwise normal process.

What's going on that prompts you to ask?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
We are waiting for I-130 for 128 days

and I-129f 118 days

All your Congressman would get is a letter from USCIS stating your petitions were still within their normal processing times.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

and I-129f 118 days

All your Congressman would get is a letter from USCIS stating your petitions were still within their normal processing times.

Pushbrk is correct. The congressman can't speed up the process any. They can inquire, but they are not allowed by law to pressure them, at least that is what a letter from them told me.

I'm from Georgia and someone from John Linder's office called me at my desk and I have talked to her a few times.

If you are waiting for the p2, the amount of days you are waiting are not very long. Augest 15, it will be 1 year wating for my p2. I do have a different situation, but I have contacted a senator and a congressman and it did not speed anything up.

Good luck

Sent I-130 to TSC

Received NOA1 from CSC with a date of 8/15/06

I-130 petition approved 4/16/2008 after 19 months.

Got IIN from NVC 5-13-08

Paid AOS fee online 5-14-08, Paid IV Fee online 5-27-08

Sent I-864 forms 5-27-08

Sent DS-230 forms 5-28-08

6-2-08 called NVC and msg says "received all information,processing will take 4-6 weeks"

6-13-08 called NVC, CR1 is complete, sent RFE for CR2. returned to NVC, waitn on result

6-26-08 case complete/approved. Waiting to be transferred to U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China for interview date

7-7-08 Petition forwarded to Guanzhou, China. Awaiting interview letter.

I am shoked,what the are thinking about when they force us wait so long????????

and I-129f 118 days

Pushbrk is correct. The congressman can't speed up the process any. They can inquire, but they are not allowed by law to pressure them, at least that is what a letter from them told me.

I'm from Georgia and someone from John Linder's office called me at my desk and I have talked to her a few times.

If you are waiting for the p2, the amount of days you are waiting are not very long. Augest 15, it will be 1 year wating for my p2. I do have a different situation, but I have contacted a senator and a congressman and it did not speed anything up.

Good luck

i wonder too why some have to wait only 50 days and some over 100 days for a approval of the I-130. what all are they checking there?

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
i wonder too why some have to wait only 50 days and some over 100 days for a approval of the I-130. what all are they checking there?

We are at day 140 today from the time we sent in our I-130. It has not been an easy wait for us at all, especially since about day 90.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.