Space42

No "Documents" option on the NVC Homepage

18 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

I am currently in my visa process (visa E-31) with my future company in South Carolina (where I am at the moment for a few weeks).

We just passed the fees' step and sent my DS-260 application.

And at this point, we are a bit lost. Everywhere, we can read that we need to send the financial and civil documents (and that my case won't be reviewed as long as it is not done), but there is nothing on the homepage to submit them.

On almost every examples I found, there is a "Documents" part in the top next to "IV Application", and on the bottom part, there are the "Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence" and the "Civil Documents".

I can't remember where, but we read that we should avoid to send those documents by email and that we need to use the "Submit Documents" option supposed to be available on NVC.

And on other place, it is written that we need to send them by email (if the case is processing electronically) or by mail (if it's not).

I precise that I'm moving alone, and I will live by myself.

On the Affidavit of Support document (Form I-864) my agent needs to fill out, the information he has to write are usually as if we were going to live together, which is not the case.

Also, he already sent a lot of financial documents before, and that's why we received the I-797 Approval Notice a few months ago already.

Is there someone with the same problem ?

Do you know if we still need to send the documents by email ?

What I am worrying about is that they already have the financial documents, but I'm almost sure that they still don't have any civil documents from me.

Thanks

NVC Homepage.png

4 minutes ago, Space42 said:

Everywhere, we can read that we need to send the financial and civil documents (and that my case won't be reviewed as long as it is not done), but there is nothing on the homepage to submit them.

Check the thread below --

Timeline

Thanks, that would be great ^^

But I've also read that when they don't ask you to send the documents by mail, it could delay even more the reviewing.

So it was better to be sure that they wanted it this way... :)

Did you receive any information yet from the NVC ? (maybe your DS-260 form was just submitted last week ?)

In the end, we received some news about the inquiry we sent 1.5 months ago. We received it this afternoon, 30 minutes after I sent every documents by email 😂

They told us that we didn't need to send the financial documents + affidavit of support, because it was an employment based petition (and no relative involved)

So, it seems like luckily, we sent everything they wanted.

Now is waiting time (again & again) 😛

2 hours ago, Space42 said:

Thanks, that would be great ^^

But I've also read that when they don't ask you to send the documents by mail, it could delay even more the reviewing.

So it was better to be sure that they wanted it this way... :)

Did you receive any information yet from the NVC ? (maybe your DS-260 form was just submitted last week ?)

In the end, we received some news about the inquiry we sent 1.5 months ago. We received it this afternoon, 30 minutes after I sent every documents by email 😂

They told us that we didn't need to send the financial documents + affidavit of support, because it was an employment based petition (and no relative involved)

So, it seems like luckily, we sent everything they wanted.

Now is waiting time (again & again) 😛

Nothing yet. Our DS-260 was submitted last Thursday (06/08), we're hoping to get an answer before the month is over, I don't know how long it would take for the documents to get there, for them to review, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 3:11 PM, Space42 said:

Hi,

I am currently in my visa process (visa E-31) with my future company in South Carolina (where I am at the moment for a few weeks).

We just passed the fees' step and sent my DS-260 application.

And at this point, we are a bit lost. Everywhere, we can read that we need to send the financial and civil documents (and that my case won't be reviewed as long as it is not done), but there is nothing on the homepage to submit them.

On almost every examples I found, there is a "Documents" part in the top next to "IV Application", and on the bottom part, there are the "Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence" and the "Civil Documents".

I can't remember where, but we read that we should avoid to send those documents by email and that we need to use the "Submit Documents" option supposed to be available on NVC.

And on other place, it is written that we need to send them by email (if the case is processing electronically) or by mail (if it's not).

I precise that I'm moving alone, and I will live by myself.

On the Affidavit of Support document (Form I-864) my agent needs to fill out, the information he has to write are usually as if we were going to live together, which is not the case.

Also, he already sent a lot of financial documents before, and that's why we received the I-797 Approval Notice a few months ago already.

Is there someone with the same problem ?

Do you know if we still need to send the documents by email ?

What I am worrying about is that they already have the financial documents, but I'm almost sure that they still don't have any civil documents from me.

Thanks

NVC Homepage.png

I did EB2 NIW and I faced the same issue, so we mailed it to them, NB: (NOT Email) normal mailing, my lawyer did it because am not in the USA.

I did EB2 NIW and I faced the same issue, so we mailed it to them, NB: (NOT Email) normal mailing, my lawyer did it because am not in the USA.

The process is here.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Timeline

On my side, we tried to emailed every documents (nothing was written about it in our welcome letter);

Luckily, they answered 2 days later, saying that we were not in the "electronic process" and that we needed to send the documents by mail.

So we sent everything, and we hope it was the good address for it (no answer yet, so it was probably the good one ^^)

Let's wait for 2,5 months now 🙃

• 1 month later...
Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/2/2022 at 7:28 PM, Space42 said:

On my side, we tried to emailed every documents (nothing was written about it in our welcome letter);

Luckily, they answered 2 days later, saying that we were not in the "electronic process" and that we needed to send the documents by mail.

So we sent everything, and we hope it was the good address for it (no answer yet, so it was probably the good one ^^)

Let's wait for 2,5 months now 🙃

Did you hear anything back since then?

Timeline

Around 2/3 weeks after we mailed everything, I received a new email saying I was in the Priority Lane for the 10 of September.

But I'm not sure of what it means. Am I going to receive my interview around mid-September ? Am I going to receive a new date for my interview around mid-October ?

Wait and see ... :) 

2 hours ago, Space42 said:

Around 2/3 weeks after we mailed everything, I received a new email saying I was in the Priority Lane for the 10 of September.

But I'm not sure of what it means. Am I going to receive my interview around mid-September ? Am I going to receive a new date for my interview around mid-October ?

Wait and see ... :) 

What is your priority date? If I recall correctly, we share pretty much the same circumstances, both EB3 Other Workers, ROW and whatnot, but unfortunately my priority date is November 2020, so it's not current.

Timeline

Wow, mine is September 10

It looked like you were about 2 weeks ahead of me

But my company told me that they went for the "express" or "premium" process (or something similar), maybe there was an possibility to pay to make the process faster ?

I know they started everything on their side in May or June 2021.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.