F3MTL

Updating I-864 Before Interview?

10 posts in this topic

Hi, our interview is coming up in a couple weeks and I updated some documents on NVC (tax returns, police certificates, paystubs, and proof of assets). Should I also update the I-864 on NVC as well? We tried looking for the original I-864 but we can't find it anywhere. I think it got misplaced somewhere so we are planning to take a completely new and updated one. Should this be a problem at the Montreal embassy, and is there anything else we can do? 

Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

Yes you should upload an updated I-864 with the latest tax year (2021) prior to interview and take original to interview, along with tax info. 

Okay, thank you. When you say "take original", do you mean we should take the original of the new I-864 that we just most recently filled out? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, F3MTL said:

Okay, thank you. When you say "take original", do you mean we should take the original of the new I-864 that we just most recently filled out? 

Yes that is correct. If you can find the other one you uploaded previously, take that too. 

4 minutes ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

Yes that is correct. If you can find the other one you uploaded previously, take that too. 

That makes sense, thank you. I'll try my best to look for it, but it was filled out by the petitioner in 2020, and I think it's lost somewhere or was accidentally thrown out. Hopefully, the CO will understand. I still have a the .PDF of the scanned copy that I uploaded to NVC in 2020, so maybe I'll take a copy of that too. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, F3MTL said:

That makes sense, thank you. I'll try my best to look for it, but it was filled out by the petitioner in 2020, and I think it's lost somewhere or was accidentally thrown out. Hopefully, the CO will understand. I still have a the .PDF of the scanned copy that I uploaded to NVC in 2020, so maybe I'll take a copy of that too. 

Yes take the scanned copy that’s fine. They may not even ask for it, but it’s always best to bring everything just in case. Good luck! 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Ash23122 said:

@F3MTL how did you go with your interview? Did they asked you to submit or upload  any additional documents post interview? 

Hey, the interview was fine. I uploaded tax returns and new I-864 and I-864A the weekend before the interview. The CO didn't ask us for any documents in paper form. They did say, "I am looking at your financial documents. It looks sufficient", so they probably had everything pulled up on their computer. Good luck! 

@F3MTL thanks for sharing your experience. If I am not wrong, you used assets to qualify, right? 

if so, were your assets in the US or foreign country? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.