4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline

Hi,

I did the interview for my citizenship last month and I was waiting to be informed on when to go for the oath. The USCIS emailed me couple days later that because I asked for a name change, I have to file and send the form n-662 before they can continue my proceeding. I haven't received the form in the mail, and I can't find it anywhere on the internet to download and fill out. I have only 6 days left to send it to them, but I did everything to receive the form and it was unsuccessful. I don't know what to do. I traveled back to my home country for some family issues, that means I can go to their office now and ask any question. I called the line several time, but the automated system keeps sending me to the USCIS website, but the form is not there to download. I emailed them but they are only saying they he already sent it and there is nothing they can do, but I haven't received anything in the mail. Please I am stock and stressed. Where can I get the form n-662 to download. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

its on form N400 itself

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/n-400instr.pdf

Item Number 4. Name Change (Optional). A court can allow you to change your name when you are naturalized. Any name change you request on this application will not be final until you are naturalized by the court. If you want the court to change your name at your naturalization oath ceremony, select “Yes” and complete this section. You do not need to request a name change if your name has changed through marriage, divorce, or other court order. NOTE: USCIS cannot process name change requests for members of the military, or their spouses, who are naturalizing overseas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If box on N 400 was not marked ,  the officer should have given u a form to fill out during the interview when u said u wanted to change name

Can I change my name during naturalization interview?

At your interview, you can ask U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to let you complete a Petition for Name Change. If you are approved for citizenship, and if naturalization swearing-in ceremonies are conducted by a court in your area, then you will be able to change your name legally at the ceremony.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline

The box was marked, and I already did the interview and passed. They say they won't schedule du ceremony until I send to them the form n-662 files. I haven't received the form and can't find it anywhere. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.