theprogrammerguy

Timeline question - Document filing after DS-260

17 posts in this topic

Good evening, folks.

Quick question that I simply can't find anywhere else. My DS-260 was filed by my lawyers, it's listed as Completed on CEAC. When are we supposed to upload documents? I found some people saying this is done after review, some say that it's right after filing the DS-260, but I couldn't find where to do that inside CEAC. I know this is a dumb question, but I appreciate any answers.

4 minutes ago, theprogrammerguy said:

When are we supposed to upload documents?

Upload documents as soon as the upload links are available, which is usually soon after the payments are processed and DS-260 has been submitted.  NVC review will not start until after you've submitted all the basic required documents.

6 minutes ago, theprogrammerguy said:

Nothing, the only thing that shows is this for me and my wife.

The upload links ("Attach Document") would be on the AOS and Civil Documents tabs, not the Summary page.  They would look like this -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing/ceac-faqs.html#ceac12

Just now, JeanneAdil said:

the lawyer should have asked u for the supporting documents for him to download with his submission of the forms

He did ask for some documents - but I wanted to make sure they were uploaded. Like, he didn't ask me for a document that is in the required list, for instance.

10 hours ago, theprogrammerguy said:

Our process is the EB3. We paid the fees a long time ago, but because of an issue we only had access to the DS-260 file a few days ago. How long, in average, until we can upload files?

Thank you in advance!

Some cases are processed on paper. If this is the case, then your copies of your documents must be physically mailed. Check the instructions in the welcoming letter from NVC. They will say if you need to mail the docs. 

Edited by WaiverFinder

17 hours ago, theprogrammerguy said:

Good evening, folks.

Quick question that I simply can't find anywhere else. My DS-260 was filed by my lawyers, it's listed as Completed on CEAC. When are we supposed to upload documents? I found some people saying this is done after review, some say that it's right after filing the DS-260, but I couldn't find where to do that inside CEAC. I know this is a dumb question, but I appreciate any answers.

The documents you would have had to upload was likely financial docs, at-least for me. It's best to double check and clarify with your attorney. They should be able to respond to an email of this nature without a charge. Following advice here might turn out to be a regrettable decision. So best speak with a professional. 

1 hour ago, theprogrammerguy said:

Yeah I just got off the phone with him. He told me that the only cases that use file upload are family-based, and since mine is an EB3, he just mailed the documents. So now I just have to wait I guess.

Yeah sounds about right, mines is family based so I had to upload online. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/10/2022 at 7:42 PM, theprogrammerguy said:

Yeah I just got off the phone with him. He told me that the only cases that use file upload are family-based, and since mine is an EB3, he just mailed the documents. So now I just have to wait I guess.

Did everything work out? How long did it take until you were documentary qualified? Also, did you get your visa appointment date?

Not quite. I was DQed super fast, it was something like two weeks. Unfortunately, my category (EB3 - Other Workers, ROW) retrogressed to May 8th 2019, and my priority date is in November 2020. Soooo... bit more waiting I guess. Hopefully it will move forward in October.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.