rnmylle

Request for initial evidence --- twice??

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi All!

I was hoping someone could help clarify this very confusing chain of events that happened today.

April 1 2022-- We were sent a request for initial evidence for form 1-485

We sent back all the evidence two weeks ago and I was so happy when this morning our status finally changed to:

We received your response to Form I-485 to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

However......that relief was quickly turned into confusion because only a couple hours later our status again became:

Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent!

I am so confused, I do not know if this is a technical error or a mistake as to whoever is reviewing our file?  Or is this a possibility? Any bit of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just for context we initially sent everything in December 2021, and had a biometrics appointment in January 2022.

Thanks!

Edited by rnmylle

It is a possibility to receive two related RFIEs or two or more unrelated RFIEs.

You'll need wait until it arrives in the mail to see if they are related or unrelated.

Perhaps if you post the original RFIE and how you satisfied it we can be of help.

It is also possible it is a glitch.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
I got two letters for the original RFE, needing me to resubmit
- Evidence of joint spouses status: I resent my fathers biometric passport page
-Evidence of relationship between beneficiary and petitioner: I resent out marriage certificate (although the request misstated our relationship as a parent or stepparent relationship)
- Evidence to establish petitioner as United States citizen: I resent my long form birth certificate
-Lastly it requested that we resend out form I-130 as it was incorrectly signed by my husband: My lawyer reviewed it and said everything was in order and sent along an explanation

6 hours ago, rnmylle said:
I got two letters for the original RFE, needing me to resubmit
- Evidence of joint spouses (???Sponsor's???) status: I resent my fathers biometric passport page (???US passport???)

-Evidence of relationship
between beneficiary and petitioner: I resent out marriage certificate (although the request misstated our relationship as a parent or stepparent relationship).

Possibly you filled out the relationship section of the OS's or JS's I864's incorrectly?

- Evidence to establish petitioner as United States citizen: I resent my long form birth certificate

Was it a US BC?

-Lastly it requested that we resend out form I-130 as it was incorrectly signed by my husband: My lawyer reviewed it and said everything was in order and sent along an explanation

K1s do not provide I130s when adjusting status from a K1 Visa unless they married after 90 days. (You've posted this in the K1 AOS forum).

Seeing the actual RFIEs will be helpful (with personal identifying info blacked out of course) to see if what you sent was actually what was needed.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.