madmanmike

June 2022 K-1 I-129f Filers

662 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, meladee said:

@madmanmike @TUC Yeah all of the i-129F forms are processed in California, except if the US citizen has a criminal background it gets forwarded to Vermont. This site has a great table for showing where each form is processed: https://www.immi-usa.com/checking-uscis-case-status-and-processing-times/

So I don’t have a bad criminal background, but I did have misdemeanor charge I submitted…I guess that didn’t merit criminal background haha. Isn’t Vermont the one with the oddly low processing times??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, TUC said:

So I don’t have a bad criminal background, but I did have misdemeanor charge I submitted…I guess that didn’t merit criminal background haha. Isn’t Vermont the one with the oddly low processing times??

I read in a bit more detail, and it seems like transferring to Vermont is specifically for "petitioners who have been convicted of any “specified offense against a minor” under the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006." So if your misdemeanor was an offense against a minor it would get transferred after the background check (that all applications go through), otherwise you're probably stuck in California with us :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, meladee said:

I read in a bit more detail, and it seems like transferring to Vermont is specifically for "petitioners who have been convicted of any “specified offense against a minor” under the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006." So if your misdemeanor was an offense against a minor it would get transferred after the background check (that all applications go through), otherwise you're probably stuck in California with us :)

Hahaha well here’s to hoping California magically improves there processing time :) I am optimistic that things will start improving over the next year. Maybe we can reap some benefits.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our NOA1 arrived in the mail today. I am assuming it will be quite a long time until our next update. 13 months, maybe?

Michael

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline
On 6/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, madmanmike said:

Our NOA1 arrived in the mail today. I am assuming it will be quite a long time until our next update. 13 months, maybe?

Michael

I surely hope it doesn’t take 13 months. With all the news about USCIS trying to speed up processing times I’m optimistic that maybe it will speed up our time at least a few months. We shall see though, I’m preparing myself for 13 month wait.

Timeline
8 hours ago, TUC said:

I surely hope it doesn’t take 13 months. With all the news about USCIS trying to speed up processing times I’m optimistic that maybe it will speed up our time at least a few months. We shall see though, I’m preparing myself for 13 month wait.

Hopeful. But…

23F35A25-9DBF-4D81-B85A-BA6A544D63A6.jpeg

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

Yeah I'm not so optimistic right now. From what I've seen, right now they're clearing about half of the cases they need to in order to make a dent. I feel like we'd be lucky to hit 13 months at this point.

3 hours ago, meladee said:

Yeah I'm not so optimistic right now. From what I've seen, right now they're clearing about half of the cases they need to in order to make a dent. I feel like we'd be lucky to hit 13 months at this point.

I understand that and we see all these people going nuts in the forum because the process has been horrible for March through June 2021 filers. However, please bear in mind that by September 23, the USCIS aims at 6 months processing. I have a lot of hope that we will hear from them in the first quarter of 2023.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

I understand that and we see all these people going nuts in the forum because the process has been horrible for March through June 2021 filers. However, please bear in mind that by September 23, the USCIS aims at 6 months processing. I have a lot of hope that we will hear from them in the first quarter of 2023.

Any improvement would definitely be nice! Can you clarify where you got the September 23 date though? The new cycle time goals they posted here are for the "end of FY 2023", which would be September 30, 2023.

Timeline

Interesting. Just got this notification from the website here. Would be nice if true. 

E8659445-85F8-4ADA-841A-472C51396C2B.jpeg

8 hours ago, meladee said:

Any improvement would definitely be nice! Can you clarify where you got the September 23 date though? The new cycle time goals they posted here are for the "end of FY 2023", which would be September 30, 2023.

September '23 is what I meant, so yes - it will not be 6 months for us. It may however be 8-10 months.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

September '23 is what I meant, so yes - it will not be 6 months for us. It may however be 8-10 months.

lol of course that's what you meant! 🤦‍♀️ Can't believe I misunderstood like that. Agreed, hopefully they make good progress while on the way to the 6 months goal. We'll see!

Timeline
22 hours ago, madmanmike said:

Interesting. Just got this notification from the website here. Would be nice if true. 

E8659445-85F8-4ADA-841A-472C51396C2B.jpeg

Wow this is interesting…what was your received date?

Timeline
1 minute ago, TUC said:

Wow this is interesting…what was your received date?

9 June. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.