Jordan & Jenet

CR-1 Visa issued can't get CFO

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, hunny&me said:

I see... Yes, Philippines is Biggie on Original or Certified documents (waiting for the time they join the digital era :)).  Maybe the death was reported to Germany? Maybe they have a centralized records (like PSA for Philippines) that your wife can request (ie - certified copy with raised stamp)?  Sorry, I feel your stress.  

Germany could not help because he did not die there.  

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Ikiiki said:

@Chancy how were you able to obtain the CFO certificate without the ROM?

With a lot of pleading during my CFO tele-counseling.  I do NOT recommend it.  It was stressful.  Also, it helped immensely that I already visited my spouse in the US multiple times (I had a B1/B2 visa before getting my IR1), and that we were married in a traditional ceremony in the US, not through Utah zoom wedding.

• 7 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 12:14 AM, Chancy said:

Agree.  I am one of those with a foreign marriage certificate but no ROM and got hassled by CFO for it, but I got my CFO certificate anyway.

@Jordan & Jenet, your wife is in a much better position than I was for the CFO counseling because you actually filed for ROM.  Just get those transmittal records from DFA.

Hi, my husband and I ,have no Rom, and we are stressing this out,. 

We can't file Rom now ,bec I am here in PI . How did you get cfo certificate without it? I HAVE an appointment this September and I'm scared they are going to give me a hard time and not give me certificate or sticker.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/23/2023 at 7:54 AM, MRose23 said:

We can't file Rom now ,bec I am here in PI . How did you get cfo certificate without it? I HAVE an appointment this September and I'm scared they are going to give me a hard time and not give me certificate or sticker.

Is your husband in the US? Where did you legally get married? If it is in the US via proxy marriage your husband can file the ROM to the PH consulate that covers the state in which you married. They accepted our receipt of the ROM for the CFO with no issues.

Jordan

On 8/23/2023 at 8:54 PM, MRose23 said:

Yes , He is in the US, We got married  there.I was there also. I told my husband to file  but they are  asking for all original documents ,and I have it  here with me in the Philippines, and also because we are going to register it late .we also need an affidavit of delayed registration of our marriage,which is  "both parties must appear before a notary and have the application notarized with both names indicated the acknowledgement.

And my visa will expire soon,so We are running out of time.

When you said you have the receipt ,is that the receipt of 25 dollars for filing it?

Thank you so much for replying. 

6 hours ago, Jordan & Jenet said:

Is your husband in the US? Where did you legally get married? If it is in the US via proxy marriage your husband can file the ROM to the PH consulate that covers the state in which you married. They accepted our receipt of the ROM for the CFO with no issues.

Jordan

Yes he is in then US, I have been in the US so we got married there. 

I think is not feasible bec I have all our original documents here in PI, then because we are going to register our marriage late,They also ask for affidavit of late registration of marriage which is both parties must appear before a notary and have the application notarized with both name indicated the acknowledgement . 

When you said you said you have the receipt is that the receipt of 25 dollars filing fee?

Thank you so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.