3 posts in this topic

Hello all. I just realized that my conditional green card has the wrong gender on it - 'M' instead of 'F'. I already have my ROC pending and looked through the paperwork we submitted for I751, and nowhere does it ask for gender. Question is, is there anything I can do now to get that corrected, or just have to wait for the new 10 year GC, and then file I90 to correct it if it's still wrong? Thanks!

Timeline: 

I751 w Divorce Waiver Submitted - 9/29/2021

Biometrics Taken - 11/24/2021

16 minutes ago, catnap said:

Hello all. I just realized that my conditional green card has the wrong gender on it - 'M' instead of 'F'. I already have my ROC pending and looked through the paperwork we submitted for I751, and nowhere does it ask for gender. Question is, is there anything I can do now to get that corrected, or just have to wait for the new 10 year GC, and then file I90 to correct it if it's still wrong? Thanks!

there's option for typo error. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=typoError

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

See my recent post.  One option you could try is to send USCIS a letter, to the address on the I-797, and include photocopies of the I-797, green card, I-751, birth certificate, passport, and whatever other documents you want to include that show the correct gender, and request the change.  The online typographical error thing did not work for my husband, and he even tried twice.  The letter prompted the correction within two weeks.  The 10-year green card, once ROC is approved, should then be correct.  The error is on the original conditional green card, so the mistake happened more than two years ago.  An I-90 should have been filed back then, and there is no fee if the error is because of USCIS.  You could send an I-90 now to correct the error, but those are taking 14.5 months to process.  I would try a letter first because you will likely get ROC approved before the corrected conditional card arrives.

Edited by carmel34

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.