Coxy5501

AoS Interview - Missing K1 packet forms

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

So my wife and I have just got back from our AoS initial interview in SLC today. Everything seemed to be going well, IO was nice and had some friendly discussion. Asked my wife a few questions about me and had a quick look at my passport, vaccination documents but didn't ask for much else.

We were then informed that he couldn't see the I-129F petition in our files as well as the Medical exam documentation I took prior to my K1 visa interview. They said I was likely to receive a RFE for another medical or possibly secondary interview if he couldn't chase up the documents.

Has anyone else gone through a similar experience? We were baffled that the files we submitted seemed to be missing from their system

10 hours ago, Coxy5501 said:

So my wife and I have just got back from our AoS initial interview in SLC today. Everything seemed to be going well, IO was nice and had some friendly discussion. Asked my wife a few questions about me and had a quick look at my passport, vaccination documents but didn't ask for much else.

We were then informed that he couldn't see the I-129F petition in our files as well as the Medical exam documentation I took prior to my K1 visa interview. They said I was likely to receive a RFE for another medical or possibly secondary interview if he couldn't chase up the documents.

Has anyone else gone through a similar experience? We were baffled that the files we submitted seemed to be missing from their system

Sorry this happened to you and here’s hoping you get a resolution soon. 

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

For anyone checking and in the same boat, I've still yet to have any update and it's been 30 days since my interview date

Timeline

our interview went smooth as well, but the officer didnt have the Vaccine documents - DS-3025 -- 

so asked for a copy of it, we did have the I129F Approved with us as well becuase I have read many stories on missing docs

actually, if you have the account online you can check the documents they have scanned, and some are missing from what we completly sent

so always take 2 copies of everything

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Andrs01-2020 said:

our interview went smooth as well, but the officer didnt have the Vaccine documents - DS-3025 -- 

so asked for a copy of it, we did have the I129F Approved with us as well becuase I have read many stories on missing docs

actually, if you have the account online you can check the documents they have scanned, and some are missing from what we completly sent

so always take 2 copies of everything

I had copies of everything I could with us (but didn't think to take the full I-129f petition). I handed them my copy of the DS-3025 and mentioned I had the I-797 of the original petition which they said they didn't need to see.

Since my medical records were handed to me in a sealed envelope and passed to the immigration officer upon entry, I had no copies of that to bring. I'm hoping that them taking my Vaccine Record shows them who to contact to get a follow up if they have issues finding it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 5:35 PM, Coxy5501 said:

Any update? 

On 5/24/2022 at 5:35 PM, Coxy5501 said:

We had the exact same thing happen in the SLC USCIS office. The interview was flawless until the end where we were told our medical didn't make it from London. Although super frustrating after getting so close, we made an appt with a civil surgeon that could see my husband the soonest (like 2 days away) to waste more $ on another medical and for a crazy Dr to sign off all the things that we did in London. We got the RFE letter about a week after the interview where we were told the medical was missing. We immediately put the new medical & RFE back in the mail and sent it back to the SLC office and in about 10 days our status was updated to approved and card created/mailed.

Sorry it happened to you too!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Juls801 said:

We had the exact same thing happen in the SLC USCIS office. The interview was flawless until the end where we were told our medical didn't make it from London. Although super frustrating after getting so close, we made an appt with a civil surgeon that could see my husband the soonest (like 2 days away) to waste more $ on another medical and for a crazy Dr to sign off all the things that we did in London. We got the RFE letter about a week after the interview where we were told the medical was missing. We immediately put the new medical & RFE back in the mail and sent it back to the SLC office and in about 10 days our status was updated to approved and card created/mailed.

Sorry it happened to you too!

Thanks, just wish ours was as quick a process as yours was after the interview. 

We decided to wait till the RFE came to save on the medical expense. It's been 2 months now and we've heard nothing. They indicated that we may get another interview scheduled if we didn't get the RFE but we don't know if they have the needed records now.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:48 AM, Coxy5501 said:

Thanks, just wish ours was as quick a process as yours was after the interview. 

We decided to wait till the RFE came to save on the medical expense. It's been 2 months now and we've heard nothing. They indicated that we may get another interview scheduled if we didn't get the RFE but we don't know if they have the needed records now.

I'd call the service desk and ask where the RFE is in the system. Has it even been filed by the SL office? 2mo to put that in your file is weird. It's not like it's going through one of the main USCIS centers where paperwork is reviewed and approved. It's the SL officer who just puts the missing document note in the file to trigger the RFE letter. I called when we hadn't seen/heard anything about our letter after a week, lol.

Timeline

I'd call the service desk and ask where the RFE is in the system. Has it even been filed by the SL office? 2mo to put that in your file is weird. It's not like it's going through one of the main USCIS centers where paperwork is reviewed and approved. It's the SL officer who just puts the missing document note in the file to trigger the RFE letter. I called when we hadn't seen/heard anything about our letter after a week, lol.

I've reached out several times via live chat (since I never get through calling their number) from the USCIS website. From what they told me the last update was that my interview was completed and that they didn't see any record of an RFE being sent.

Is there a number to reach out to the SLC office?

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 7:12 AM, Coxy5501 said:

I've reached out several times via live chat (since I never get through calling their number) from the USCIS website. From what they told me the last update was that my interview was completed and that they didn't see any record of an RFE being sent.

Is there a number to reach out to the SLC office?

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Did you get a resolution?

Timeline

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Did you get a resolution?

Still no further movement on my green card despite it being about 4 1/2 months since my interview.

I had to sort out an emergency expedite request and asked a couple officers when I went in person. The first said there was a request, papers came in and the case was shelved for review but he wasn't sure if they definitely got them. The second was the interviewer coincidentally, all they could tell me was that there's a been a big push for prioritising naturalization and so my case hasn't been reviewed yet. They didn't know if the documents they needed had arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.