K_&_A

Embassy in Egypt interview times

209 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 6/26/2023 at 7:03 AM, Mahmir said:

JUST BE SURE AND ASK FOR THE COPY OF DS-3025.. you will need it for AOS in the US.. 

Yikes... We didn't get a copy of the DS-3025. So far no RFE, but wouldn't surprise me if that comes up at some point while we wait for AOS. Did your husband end up getting the required vaccines/exam stateside?

Great advice for those preparing for the medical appointment!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
14 hours ago, M&HH said:

Yikes... We didn't get a copy of the DS-3025. So far no RFE, but wouldn't surprise me if that comes up at some point while we wait for AOS. Did your husband end up getting the required vaccines/exam stateside?

Great advice for those preparing for the medical appointment!

No we had to jump through hoops to get a faint copy of the form from the hospital in Egypt, so far no RFE for that, just proof of marital life together 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello!

Happy to find people giving feedback about Egypt Embassy haha couldn't find any!

We were DQed yesterday 30th of June, any idea from CR1/IR1 applicants how long till we receive the Interview letter? and for CR1 we don't have to submit any packets as we already uploaded all documents in CEAC portal right?

Thank you :)

March 19, 2022: Submitted I-130
April 19, 2023: I-130 Approved
April 25, 2023: NVC received file and NVC case number assigned
May 31, 2023: Submitted Documents
June 20, 2023: Case complete at NVC
?? ??, 2023: Interview Letter - WAITING.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

For Cr-1 interviews there are multiple papers that are not instructed to be given to the embassy which are required. You need a paper that shows if you have traveled out of the country at the interview. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR 2022 TAX TRANSCRIPTS BY THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW!!!! Egypt Embassy is very difficult to get approved by. I have heard of countless people getting the yellow paper saying missing document or 5535. There is a big chance you will receive a security check (5535) which can take up to 2 years to finish. Good luck to anyone doing this hard process and I hope everything will turn out for you the way you wish!

Timeline
On 7/1/2023 at 8:28 AM, AhmadHamouda said:

Hello!

Happy to find people giving feedback about Egypt Embassy haha couldn't find any!

We were DQed yesterday 30th of June, any idea from CR1/IR1 applicants how long till we receive the Interview letter? and for CR1 we don't have to submit any packets as we already uploaded all documents in CEAC portal right?

Hi! These days it’s taking around 4.5-6 months! Better than before! It just depends on if you will make it into the timeframe they are scheduling or have to wait for next months time frame. Around 5 months is your best bet. 

Timeline
On 7/1/2023 at 8:28 AM, AhmadHamouda said:

Hello!

Upload as much additional evidence that you can into the account. You will need a fresh police record. 2022 tax transcripts are necessary as well. You will need different extra papers depending on your specific immigration case. A paper will need to be obtained that says if you travelled outside the country or not and needs to be brought to the interview. I would recommend also updated evidence of the relationship depending on your situation, but photos are great!

Timeline

my husband has his interview on the 21st. Preparing as much as we can during this time. Will update how this goes for us and any advice I can give.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Veronica Zaytseva said:

Hi! These days it’s taking around 4.5-6 months! Better than before! It just depends on if you will make it into the timeframe they are scheduling or have to wait for next months time frame. Around 5 months is your best bet. 

I hope not :( My wife is pregnant and her due is in January, It's our first baby I just hope and keep praying that I won't miss the childbirth! Tried expediting but they refused.

Do you have any idea where I can get news about current Embassy Interviewing dates from people? Like facebook group or something? I'm trying to do my best not to miss my baby's birth! and when do they send the interview letters which day in the month?

And Sorry when did you get the DQ? and the interview letter?

I hope your husband's Interview goes as smooth as possible and you come back tomorrow with great news !! :) If he needs any help I'm here also! Thank you.

Edited by AhmadHamouda

Timeline
7 hours ago, AhmadHamouda said:

I hope not :( My wife is pregnant and her due is in January, It's our first baby I just hope and keep praying that I won't miss the childbirth! Tried expediting but they refused.

Do you have any idea where I can get news about current Embassy Interviewing dates from people? Like facebook group or something? I'm trying to do my best not to miss my baby's birth! and when do they send the interview letters which day in the month?

And Sorry when did you get the DQ? and the interview letter?

I hope your husband's Interview goes as smooth as possible and you come back tomorrow with great news !! :) If he needs any help I'm here also! Thank you.

I hope the process gets faster for everyone! I will ask my husband if there is a facebook group I can provide for you! From my experience they schedule around the middle of the months until the end. I think they don’t schedule the first part of the month. I am most sure if that’s 100% true. I got DQ February 7th 2023and got my interview letter June 14th 2023. Also keep in mind after getting the interview letter I had to wait 2 months for the interview which still hasn’t happened yet. So it’s around a 7-8month process after DQ for me. Also if you are approved at the interview(which isn’t guaranteed to be real until you actually receive the visa) It’s a10-15 business day wait to receive your visa. I don’t want to discourage you but I recommend doing as much research as you can as well on what is needed to get through the interview and get approved. Lots of people are have to wait extra months or years after the interview because of missing papers or they needed a security check. It’s hard to get out of Egypt. My husband got a lot of information from a facebook group. I will ask him what it is. I really wish the best for you and you get to be there for child birth!  It might be very difficult to believe you will get to be there but keep that hope!

Timeline
19 hours ago, Veronica Zaytseva said:

I hope the process gets faster for everyone! I will ask my husband if there is a facebook group I can provide for you! From my experience they schedule around the middle of the months until the end. I think they don’t schedule the first part of the month. I am most sure if that’s 100% true. I got DQ February 7th 2023and got my interview letter June 14th 2023. Also keep in mind after getting the interview letter I had to wait 2 months for the interview which still hasn’t happened yet. So it’s around a 7-8month process after DQ for me. Also if you are approved at the interview(which isn’t guaranteed to be real until you actually receive the visa) It’s a10-15 business day wait to receive your visa. I don’t want to discourage you but I recommend doing as much research as you can as well on what is needed to get through the interview and get approved. Lots of people are have to wait extra months or years after the interview because of missing papers or they needed a security check. It’s hard to get out of Egypt. My husband got a lot of information from a facebook group. I will ask him what it is. I really wish the best for you and you get to be there for child birth!  It might be very difficult to believe you will get to be there but keep that hope!

Yes I hope so too! I'm trying my best thank you so much for the advice!

Goodluck to your husband with the interview and I hope you come back with good news soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/3/2023 at 7:23 AM, Afinthesky said:

Hey guys- 

we were DQed for our marriage on jule 13, 2023. 

any feedback to when I will receive a interview date in Cairo. Also I’m following to see if there is a Facebook group I can join too. Egypt here. 

Hello! They say normal times between 4 to 6 months, however no interview letters were sent in July and rumours started spreading that because of Sudan cases and Lottery the embassy is getting heavily occupied again :( 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AhmadHamouda said:

Hello! They say normal times between 4 to 6 months, however no interview letters were sent in July and rumours started spreading that because of Sudan cases and Lottery the embassy is getting heavily occupied again :( 

Oh no this is so sad to read. I just need to get my date for my fair day in front of the us embassy. We’ve been going through this since Feb 2022 

Timeline

Hello everyone! I have been following VJ for a while now and decided I would sign-up and create my timeline. I am anxiously awaiting for my husband's interview letter. We were documentarily qualified April 14, 2023. By following a few other members posts, I thought we would be receiving our interview letter this month and maybe October being the interview. It is hard finding information on the U.S. embassy in Cairo as far as what documentarily month they are working on. I would appreciate any information any of you are aware of and if there are any other sites I can go for more information. Thank you and good luck to all of you! ❤️

Timeline
On 8/8/2023 at 5:42 AM, PrisAdh84 said:

Hello everyone! I have been following VJ for a while now and decided I would sign-up and create my timeline. I am anxiously awaiting for my husband's interview letter. We were documentarily qualified April 14, 2023. By following a few other members posts, I thought we would be receiving our interview letter this month and maybe October being the interview. It is hard finding information on the U.S. embassy in Cairo as far as what documentarily month they are working on. I would appreciate any information any of you are aware of and if there are any other sites I can go for more information. Thank you and good luck to all of you! ❤️

Hello there!

From facebook groups it says they are at DQed people of 13th of Feb

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.