Alix64

I-751 MAY 2022 Filers

359 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Hello All,

I have just received this morning the Biometrics appointment letter... and it is for June 30th (when I am in France). 

I will try to walk in next week when they open, otherwise try to reschedule it. 

🤔

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline

The forum is a gold mine!

Here I have found an old discussion about walk-ins for the Biometrics Appointments - for those like me who cannot go to their scheduled one. 

It gives you an idea of the "spirit" for each Center. 

Take care, have a great week-end. 

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello All,

I have just received this morning the Biometrics appointment letter... and it is for June 30th (when I am in France). 

I will try to walk in next week when they open, otherwise try to reschedule it. 

🤔

Hi! So it did fall on a day you were away. I also got my bio appointment let34bt5er today. Scheduled for 6/28! 

Good luck on the walk in! 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Don0 said:

Hi! So it did fall on a day you were away. I also got my bio appointment let34bt5er today. Scheduled for 6/28! 

Good luck on the walk in! 😊

Wow,wondering if I get a letter with appointment for biometrics, too......or just the case uodate: fingerprints taken ( wich means: reused( 🤷‍♀️🤔

5 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

Wow,wondering if I get a letter with appointment for biometrics, too......or just the case uodate: fingerprints taken ( wich means: reused( 🤷‍♀️🤔

If you have had them before then probably just a notification? 

Now, I'm worrying about how fast this is all going. I know it's weird but hear me out. 

So I just read that if the 10 yr GC is being produced, even if you have not yet received it, the 2 yr gc and extension letter becomes void. With the rate that my case is going (I'm happy it's fast tbh but..) I might be in another country (I'm out of the US, July 28 til Sept 12) when they send my 10 yrs gc. And I can't use my 2 yr gc and letter to come back into the US! I'm so worried now.. 

The only thing I was thinking is having someone mail my 10 yr gc to me from here in the US if it ever happens. But do yiu guys think it's such a risk? 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Don0 said:

Now, I'm worrying about how fast this is all going. I know it's weird but hear me out. 

So I just read that if the 10 yr GC is being produced, even if you have not yet received it, the 2 yr gc and extension letter becomes void. With the rate that my case is going (I'm happy it's fast tbh but..) I might be in another country (I'm out of the US, July 28 til Sept 12) when they send my 10 yrs gc. And I can't use my 2 yr gc and letter to come back into the US! I'm so worried now.. 

The only thing I was thinking is having someone mail my 10 yr gc to me from here in the US if it ever happens. But do yiu guys think it's such a risk? 

Hmmm....well,it is going fast so far,and I really don't want to discourage anyone, but I think it is unlikely, that anyone is going to get the 10 year gc within the next 3-5 months  . But,your idea of having someone send you the gc if it gets here while you're abroad, is good.

12 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

Hmmm....well,it is going fast so far,and I really don't want to discourage anyone, but I think it is unlikely, that anyone is going to get the 10 year gc within the next 3-5 months  . But,your idea of having someone send you the gc if it gets here while you're abroad, is good.

True enough. I just found like 2 people on here who got it in that time frame. With USCIS, we never know right? 😆 do you think it's risky though? Having the card sent to me to another country?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Don0 said:

True enough. I just found like 2 people on here who got it in that time frame. With USCIS, we never know right? 😆 do you think it's risky though? Having the card sent to me to another country?

Well,there's always a risk,mail CAN get lost.but what's the alternative? I don't think,just a picture of the new gc would be enough. Maybe depends on where you are / what country at that time? But,you'll also have the approval email,you might be able to go to the embassy abroad to get a stamp in your passport? Or,if applicable, apply for a re-entry permit before traveling? Try to find out,if that's an option,the re-entry permit!

21 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

Well,there's always a risk,mail CAN get lost.but what's the alternative? I don't think,just a picture of the new gc would be enough. Maybe depends on where you are / what country at that time? But,you'll also have the approval email,you might be able to go to the embassy abroad to get a stamp in your passport? Or,if applicable, apply for a re-entry permit before traveling? Try to find out,if that's an option,the re-entry permit!

I asked here on VJ and a couple of people have said that the 2 yr gc and letter should still be able to let me into the US. But I should be ready for a longer time at secondary. 😐 Now I'm praying it doesn't go as fast. Lol

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Don0 said:

I asked here on VJ and a couple of people have said that the 2 yr gc and letter should still be able to let me into the US. But I should be ready for a longer time at secondary. 😐 Now I'm praying it doesn't go as fast. Lol

That's what I thought,too.the " old" gc plus letter should be enough. And,visajourney updates estimated approval times: mine went yesterday up from March to June next year.soooooo,maybe really nothing to worry about the speed it's going 😉

Timeline
On 6/12/2022 at 12:56 AM, Don0 said:

I received my 2years Green Card in the mail box in the US, while I was visiting in France (I travelled with the "green card visa" on my passport). 

What we did is that my husband did a scan (it absolutely has to be a clear different size than the original) of the card, send it to me by mail and I had it printed. This is what I showed at the immigration, and they let me go through. 

So I think you can do a similar thing : if you show your Notification that you got the 10 years GC, and explain that the actual card is being delivered at your home address in the US, you should be just fine. 

Timeline

CF: BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT - rescheduling

So I am leaving the US on June 20th for 6 weeks (to visit my family). 

My biometrics appointment is supposed to be on Jun 30th. 😱

I just called USCIS (1 800 375 5283). Asked for an operator right away. Waited half an hour. 

A nice lady took my case. Check my identity (alien number, application number, names, dob, address,  phone, email)

She said : walk ins are not allowed (but we know most centers allow them...).

I explained my case. She cancelled my appointment. 

Told me that an agent is going to call me within 72H. She gave me the phone number the agent would be calling me from. 

And gave me a Request case number. 

I told her that I was coming back August 10th, and asked if it was possible to put a note on my case about that so that they would not reschedule like say early August (when I am not back yet), but they cannot put a note. 

I will try a walk in tomorrow. Or Wednesday since it is supposed to be the best day for it. 

And will keep you posted :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alix64 said:

CF: BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT - rescheduling

So I am leaving the US on June 20th for 6 weeks (to visit my family). 

My biometrics appointment is supposed to be on Jun 30th. 😱

I just called USCIS (1 800 375 5283). Asked for an operator right away. Waited half an hour. 

A nice lady took my case. Check my identity (alien number, application number, names, dob, address,  phone, email)

She said : walk ins are not allowed (but we know most centers allow them...).

I explained my case. She cancelled my appointment. 

Told me that an agent is going to call me within 72H. She gave me the phone number the agent would be calling me from. 

And gave me a Request case number. 

I told her that I was coming back August 10th, and asked if it was possible to put a note on my case about that so that they would not reschedule like say early August (when I am not back yet), but they cannot put a note. 

I will try a walk in tomorrow. Or Wednesday since it is supposed to be the best day for it. 

And will keep you posted :)

Oooh,best of luck with the walk-in tomorrow 👍 🍀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.