J&D1008

MAY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

342 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well it's looking like the USCIS is slowing down on the processing of the May 22 Filers.It seems that about 3 or 4 approvals a week is the norm for the last couple of weeks.   Im a May 11th an from our calculations it looks like their are about 20 people that are pre May 11th an May 11th  filers that are still awaiting something. Im in the 8000 8500 block. I know that their are still previous months waiting an im sure they are just as frustrated as I am if not more.. I haven't lost hope still praying like crazy.. 😀...   Im currently in Thailand leaving on the 3rd of July an im hoping to see something before i leave my fiancé so we can make some definite plans..  So im wondering when can i feasibly contact USCIS an enquire about my status in the pile of Documents they are processing. Im thinking some time in July..

If anybody has any other calculations on the weekly processing numbers please let me know... To everybody approved in our month of May congratulation's  an God's speed on the rest of our process...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Roy an Panitta said:

Well it's looking like the USCIS is slowing down on the processing of the May 22 Filers.It seems that about 3 or 4 approvals a week is the norm for the last couple of weeks.   Im a May 11th an from our calculations it looks like their are about 20 people that are pre May 11th an May 11th  filers that are still awaiting something. Im in the 8000 8500 block. I know that their are still previous months waiting an im sure they are just as frustrated as I am if not more.. I haven't lost hope still praying like crazy.. 😀...   Im currently in Thailand leaving on the 3rd of July an im hoping to see something before i leave my fiancé so we can make some definite plans..  So im wondering when can i feasibly contact USCIS an enquire about my status in the pile of Documents they are processing. Im thinking some time in July..

If anybody has any other calculations on the weekly processing numbers please let me know... To everybody approved in our month of May congratulation's  an God's speed on the rest of our process...

Enjoy the days with your fiance(e). Maybe when you come back on 4th of July you have good news.
We were May 3rd filers and just got approved (5th). So you are just 8 days behind. Could show up
any day, but try not to check everyday and instead enjoy your trip🙂
(Got the approval while I was visiting my fiancee🙂)

Edited by Eddie101

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Roy an Panitta said:

It seems that about 3 or 4 approvals a week is the norm for the last couple of weeks.

Not sure where you're getting this, but the good news is that over 400 May '22 cases were approved last week! We aren't allowed to post the link to the source on VJ, but I suggest you search other platforms for this information.

Timeline

Thank you so much for the clarification. I will look into other sources an im glad others are up to date on the progress.. Again thanks for your time.. 

Timeline

Thanks for the advise an yes i'll just be patient as ever an i will enjoy the time with my fiancé an family.. congrats on you approval an god speed for the rest of our process.. .. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, K+S said:

Status changed to RFE today.

we are really anxious now, did not expect it at all after all the evidence we provided.

anyone in the same boat? How far might this set us back?

Well that sucks, but after the first shock provide them with the information they are asking for.
Could be two more months of waiting.
Probably takes a few days until you know what they want.
Is it an RFE or RFIE? The latter they are just missing some simple data.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

Well that sucks, but after the first shock provide them with the information they are asking for.
Could be two more months of waiting.
Probably takes a few days until you know what they want.
Is it an RFE or RFIE? The latter they are just missing some simple data.

It says request for additional evidence was sent so it seems like what we sent wasn’t enough.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, K+S said:

It says request for additional evidence was sent so it seems like what we sent wasn’t enough.

RFE doesn't necessarily mean lack of evidence you met in person within 2 years. It's a generic term and could also mean
missing letter of intent to marry, etc. I guess you are now thinking 24/7 what it could be but wait until the letter is
there. I followed here several months now and RFE is not uncommon and it is just an extra bump in the road towards
your ultimate goal.

Edited by Eddie101

Timeline
46 minutes ago, kxp said:

Case still not touched… we’re officially in the 20% left behind to be outside of standard processing time. Im so broken over this stupid process. I really wanted us to be together by Christmas and now it looks like that’s not gonna happen 😔

It's just stupid and slow. Although they processed 70+ cases of May yesterday. 
Although we were just approved we skipped our plans to get married this year as NVC is now the bottleneck.
Maybe when you get approved soon NVC processing speeds up again so it really doesn't make a big difference.

Edited by Eddie101

I am definitely struggling with this process. May 10th and nothing. There looks to be about 33 cases untouched in my range and no movement in 2 days. Everytime I see an approval from a June filer I am absolutely gutted. How are others handling this?

Timeline

I understand exactly how you feel. Were May 11th and for some reason the pre 9th thru the 12th fillers seem to hav been barley touched. When i  or my fiancé check for some  news 1st thing in the morning (here in BKK ) were just frustrated/floored with the lack of progress for our group numbers...  We  keep trying to apply some kind of logic to a process that, Seems to have no logic at all 1,2,3,4,5 that makes sense to us... .    

Were happy for the people who have been approved but i do know we get more an more confused with the process every time we see a latter date approval.. i can only imagine how some of the earlier month filers feel seeing our month of May get the attention its getting.. on a positive note i know that at least were (our group) is getting narrowed down in numbers so  thinking sometime between now an 1st week of July.. 🙏🙏

We were so excited an hopeful when they started our month an our excitement is still there just with a little frustation added.. 😀 we'v all waited so long to get this journey going now their is some light at the end of the tunnel so for me im trying to keep my eagerness in check an wait my turn.. doesn't work all the time.. lord knows it doesn't... but i try.. so stay positive brother, sounds easy, we all here know that....  just know its coming sooner than later.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.