Cindy and Matt

Post approval timeframes

20 posts in this topic

3 weeks after sending my passport back to the embassy and my medical results arriving from VM I am still waiting for any hope I will get my passport back any time soon.

How long are people waiting after approval for their passports to be returned with their visas?

It used to be about a week, sometimes a few days, but I am slowly going nuts. First the 6 month wait for background checks and now this. On CEAC I see the 'last updated' date changing almost every day but I feel like I am being deliberately delayed now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cindy and Matt said:

I have been offered a really good job and I need to get over there to do the drugs test, get my SSN, etc.

I cannot understand how I can get a brand new passport in 7 days and the issuance of a visa takes so long.

Is it a new passport since your interview? Were your new trips to Spain and France in it? Did you send your old passport with it?

On 4/28/2022 at 8:08 PM, Wuozopo said:

Is it a new passport since your interview? Were your new trips to Spain and France in it? Did you send your old passport with it?

Yes, they said to only send the new one. No need for the old one and the new stamps wouldn't be a problem.

19 minutes ago, V1Rotate said:

Had my interview on Wed 27th April, CEAC shows 'Issued' on 28th April. I received a tracking email saying it will be delivered Tue 3rd May.

Nice one! Congratulations!

Also, pilot?

Edited by Cindy and Matt

On 4/30/2022 at 8:19 PM, V1Rotate said:

Had my interview on Wed 27th April, CEAC shows 'Issued' on 28th April. I received a tracking email saying it will be delivered Tue 3rd May.

Who did the email come from. I had my appointment on 26th April and issued 27th. But not had an email 

On 4/28/2022 at 1:14 PM, Cindy and Matt said:

3 weeks after sending my passport back to the embassy and my medical results arriving from VM I am still waiting for any hope I will get my passport back any time soon.

How long are people waiting after approval for their passports to be returned with their visas?

It used to be about a week, sometimes a few days, but I am slowly going nuts. First the 6 month wait for background checks and now this. On CEAC I see the 'last updated' date changing almost every day but I feel like I am being deliberately delayed now.

Well hold the mother-forking baked beans on toast! I felt something was amiss when the CEAC tracker went AP all morning instead of just for a an hour or so like it has on and off the past few weeks. This afternoon, status changed again but this time to ISSUED!  **** YEAH!

I am having problems with the courier as I have had my passport returned to me during the background checks (see my other thread on that balls-up) and now they cannot change my delivery preferences. I WANT to pick that mofo up but I cannot change it on AIS.

I don't trust anyone else at this point, least of all delivery drivers (sorry to anyone that works as one, been burnt there and I just don't).

Al...most....there...........

On 5/3/2022 at 2:19 PM, Cindy and Matt said:

Well hold the mother-forking baked beans on toast! I felt something was amiss when the CEAC tracker went AP all morning instead of just for a an hour or so like it has on and off the past few weeks. This afternoon, status changed again but this time to ISSUED!  **** YEAH!

I am having problems with the courier as I have had my passport returned to me during the background checks (see my other thread on that balls-up) and now they cannot change my delivery preferences. I WANT to pick that mofo up but I cannot change it on AIS.

I don't trust anyone else at this point, least of all delivery drivers (sorry to anyone that works as one, been burnt there and I just don't).

if you do go into London to collect it note my experience in the following thread:

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

On 5/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, Cindy and Matt said:

Have they given you the option to cha ge this?

My visa was issued 27th April. Still heard nothing with regards to tracking and anyone i speak to via the channels suggested can't tell me anything about when I should get tracking information. 

I'm due to move this weekend and am worried it won't be here! I thought 2.5 weeks was going to be enough time

32 minutes ago, Pooleyc881 said:

Have they given you the option to cha ge this?

My visa was issued 27th April. Still heard nothing with regards to tracking and anyone i speak to via the channels suggested can't tell me anything about when I should get tracking information. 

I'm due to move this weekend and am worried it won't be here! I thought 2.5 weeks was going to be enough time

Mine went from Issued to being in my hand in a couple of days. That;s not to say I didn;t have huge issues with the CSC.

More than 2 weeks prior I tried contacting them to change my delivery to a pick-up. Every email took over a day for a response, sometimes two. The first reply was confirming I had registered #facepalm1. I corrected them and stressed the points of my actual equiry and the last response was what address would I like to change it to #facepalm2.  The CEAC tracker went to issued a day later and the CSC started ghosting me. I then got a sms from the courier saying they would delivery to my (old) address that morning so I rush over there hoping to intercept for the web tracker to later update to tomorrow. I did eventually intercept the courier and got my passport thanks to their live tracker but the CSC is clearly not fit for purpose.

I would contact them as your delay sounds abnormal.

35 minutes ago, Cindy and Matt said:

Mine went from Issued to being in my hand in a couple of days. That;s not to say I didn;t have huge issues with the CSC.

More than 2 weeks prior I tried contacting them to change my delivery to a pick-up. Every email took over a day for a response, sometimes two. The first reply was confirming I had registered #facepalm1. I corrected them and stressed the points of my actual equiry and the last response was what address would I like to change it to #facepalm2.  The CEAC tracker went to issued a day later and the CSC started ghosting me. I then got a sms from the courier saying they would delivery to my (old) address that morning so I rush over there hoping to intercept for the web tracker to later update to tomorrow. I did eventually intercept the courier and got my passport thanks to their live tracker but the CSC is clearly not fit for purpose.

I would contact them as your delay sounds abnormal.

What email address did you use?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.