stag

Medical Examination Question for AOS!

6 posts in this topic

So we have a AOS green card interview coming up in a few weeks. My wife received the K1 medical examination abroad within a year of the interview happening. I read "You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination" , it was indeed filed within one year of the medical examination.

Also instructions say "Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon."

During the medical examination abroad the physician filled out the vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025) but in the 2nd section it was marked "K visa applicant not to be vaccinated at this examination". Is there anything we need to do regarding the medical portion till the interview? Thanks!

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

You have not indicated whether or not the vaccinations were:

1. Actually completed at the overseas medical.

2. Actually filled out the vaccines CORRECTLY on the DS3025 and ONLY the bottom completion box was filled out incorrectly. 

5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You have not indicated whether or not the vaccinations were:

1. Actually completed at the overseas medical.

2. Actually filled out the vaccines CORRECTLY on the DS3025 and ONLY the bottom completion box was filled out incorrectly. 

They were not completed overseas. Hence, scheduled appointment with doctor to complete the vaccinations and hopefully have everything done before interview. 

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

7 minutes ago, stag said:

They were not completed overseas. Hence, scheduled appointment with doctor to complete the vaccinations and hopefully have everything done before interview. 

Did you schedule it with a USCIS designated civil surgeon? 

21 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Did you schedule it with a USCIS designated civil surgeon? 

Yes, it's a doctor from this list: https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor and they specifically mention that they do uscis exams. 

52 minutes ago, stag said:

Yes, it's a doctor from this list: https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor and they specifically mention that they do uscis exams. 

Then there’s nothing else to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.