SilverStarG

Refused pending medical but not specifically told approved?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband had his interview today. He felt like it went well, the guy asked just three questions, where did he meet me, when did we first meet in person, and was our joint sponsor a relative (yes, she's my mom). His medical was this afternoon after his interview, so we were expecting the refusal- but I've seen so many people say they've been told they're approved but being put into refusal pending medical, he was just told it was being refused pending medical and once they received his medical they would return his passport. He wasn't told  he was approved, but it seemed to go well (no grilling or problems).. should we assume he'll likely be approved once his medical goes through- that the officer just chose not to say? 🤔🤔

Timeline
12 hours ago, Bat man said:

Your experience sounds pretty standard I wouldn’t worry lol btw did they ask for 2021 taxes at your interview?

Thanks. They asked him for his affidavit of support (which he had paperclipped with the supporting documents) and they didn't say anything else about it after he gave it to them. My joint sponsor and I provided our 2021 and our 2020 tax transcripts that we printed off of the IRS website (I think they only require the most recent but we provided both). She wasn't sure she'd have her taxes filed in time so she was going to provide a photocopy of her W2 for this year if she couldn't provide that. She also provided an immigration letter she was able to print off her employers website which stated her annual income and how long she has worked for the company. 

Oops, I realized you're a CR1 which I think would have submitted affidavit to NVC, adding that we're K3 visa so all our docs were submitted at the interview. It says by my name we filed CR1/IR1- which we did, but that hasn't even made it to NOA2 in almost three years. It's K3 he interviewed for. 

Edited by SilverStarG

On 4/24/2022 at 3:20 PM, SilverStarG said:

Thanks. They asked him for his affidavit of support (which he had paperclipped with the supporting documents) and they didn't say anything else about it after he gave it to them. My joint sponsor and I provided our 2021 and our 2020 tax transcripts that we printed off of the IRS website (I think they only require the most recent but we provided both). She wasn't sure she'd have her taxes filed in time so she was going to provide a photocopy of her W2 for this year if she couldn't provide that. She also provided an immigration letter she was able to print off her employers website which stated her annual income and how long she has worked for the company. 

Oops, I realized you're a CR1 which I think would have submitted affidavit to NVC, adding that we're K3 visa so all our docs were submitted at the interview. It says by my name we filed CR1/IR1- which we did, but that hasn't even made it to NOA2 in almost three years. It's K3 he interviewed for. 

Ah okay yeah lol we submitted ours to NVC and our interview is next month. I heard for people after April 18th you gotta submit updated taxes so was wondering if anyone was asked for them yet lol Congrats on your interview tho! ❤️

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bat man said:

Ah okay yeah lol we submitted ours to NVC and our interview is next month. I heard for people after April 18th you gotta submit updated taxes so was wondering if anyone was asked for them yet lol Congrats on your interview tho! ❤️

Thanks, I'm just trying to get out of my head and just trust that everything is ok 😂😂 K3 Visas are so rare these days, and with his IR1 not moving at all in nearly three years and having a two-year-old we're so desperate for this to go as smoothly as possible! Good luck at your upcoming interview!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/9/2022 at 7:31 AM, SilverStarG said:

CEAC Status changed to issued today 😍

Congrats!! Did you have any change from Refused to Administrative Processing? 

My fiance had medical 4/26 and interview 4/27 and was told approved pending medical

Timeline
1 hour ago, H&M_SUIT said:

Congrats!! Did you have any change from Refused to Administrative Processing? 

My fiance had medical 4/26 and interview 4/27 and was told approved pending medical

It changed to admin processing on the 5th then to issued on the 9th ☺️ today he got the courier email that it will be delivered tomorrow 😍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.