thsmuan

Signature for CRBA application (merged)

33 posts in this topic

Hi,

Will US embassy accept notarized signature for DS-2029 (for crba), DS-11 (for passport), and SS-5 (Social security number application)? Or should I leave blank for my spouse to sign at the appointment at consular office?

I'm going to apply CRBA for my child who is in abroad.I'm here in the State and I can't be present at the consular office.Any help is appreciated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

**Duplicate Thread removed. Please only post same topic once and allow members time to respond.**

Yes they accept notarized forms for petitioners that can not be present.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

2 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

**Duplicate Thread removed. Please only post same topic once and allow members time to respond.**

Yes they accept notarized forms for petitioners that can not be present.

How about the signature part? So far as I know I have to leave blank at the signature and let my spouse sing at the present of consular.Can I send the form with notarized signature?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, thsmuan said:

How about the signature part? So far as I know I have to leave blank at the signature and let my spouse sing at the present of consular.Can I send the form with notarized signature?

That's what a notarized document is notarizing that that is the person signing it. If he doesn't sign it it's worthless.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
12 minutes ago, thsmuan said:

How many bank statements is needed for a year to prove residency? I lost my some w2 form, so can I send Tax Returns some with W2 and some without W2?

No you can't Tax returns and W2's are two different things. Get your wages and income transcript from IRS. Go to their website and download it. Or just get your transcript which has w2 all inclusive.

ROC I-751

N-400

1 minute ago, dwheels76 said:

No you can't Tax returns and W2's are two different things. Get your wages and income transcript from IRS. Go to their website and download it. Or just get your transcript which has w2 all inclusive.

the problem is the irs only have my 3 years tax record.In addition my child was born on Jan, 2020.So I have to prove 5 years prior to 2020.I have all my tax filing paper works from 2012 but I lost some W2 form.So I'm not sure that whether I can send tax filing paper work some with w2 and some without w2.And also I'm thinking to send my bank statements too to prove residency.But again no idea how many bank statements will be enough for one year.Thank You!

5 hours ago, thsmuan said:

the problem is the irs only have my 3 years tax record.In addition my child was born on Jan, 2020.So I have to prove 5 years prior to 2020.I have all my tax filing paper works from 2012 but I lost some W2 form.So I'm not sure that whether I can send tax filing paper work some with w2 and some without w2.And also I'm thinking to send my bank statements too to prove residency.But again no idea how many bank statements will be enough for one year.Thank You!

1. I believe only the parent going to the interview signs the  DS-2029 ( Application) and you need to 

Prepare DS-5507 and DS-3053 which you notarize and add copy of id

If only one parent can attend

If the parents were not married at the time of the child’s birth and the U.S. citizen father is not able to attend the appointment, form DS-5507 Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support is required. The form must be completed, signed and notarized, and should be presented along with a copy of the same identity document used to notarize the form.

If applying also for a passport and one custodial parent is not able to attend, s/he must submit a notarized form DS-3053 Statement of Consent. A copy of the same identity document used to notarize the form sent to the address you designate in the United States or the address you designate abroad in countries where the mailing of U.S. citizenship documents is permitted unless you indicate that you will pick it up at the U.S. embassy, consulate or consular agency. Applicants are responsible for any mailing costs related to

5 hours ago, thsmuan said:

1. Try setting up a Social Security online account. https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
Print the Statement of Earnings, it will show EVERY YEAR you have worked and it’s of great value as proof of physical presence.  If u cannot manage online, walk into any SS Office and request it. It’s free 

2. Have at least 2 or 3 pieces of evidence for each of the 5 years , so look if have your old Drivers License , any leases, mortgage or rent receipts.  As for bank statements, pick 4 months for the year ( beginning, middle and end ) . 

4 hours ago, Family said:

1. Try setting up a Social Security online account. https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
Print the Statement of Earnings, it will show EVERY YEAR you have worked and it’s of great value as proof of physical presence.  If u cannot manage online, walk into any SS Office and request it. It’s free 

2. Have at least 2 or 3 pieces of evidence for each of the 5 years , so look if have your old Drivers License , any leases, mortgage or rent receipts.  As for bank statements, pick 4 months for the year ( beginning, middle and end ) . 

Thank You!

Should I notarized all the bank statements, W2 and tax filing paperworks, etc also?

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.html

Some consulates accept the online Social Security Statement of Earnings as long as there is other evidence for each year , others insist on getting the Certified version. I included a link for the request, prepare and send it out, but even though they promise a 6 week turnaround…expect delays. 

But at least you will have it, in case at the interview, your consulate wants the Certified SS Statement, you will be prepared.

8 hours ago, Family said:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.html

Some consulates accept the online Social Security Statement of Earnings as long as there is other evidence for each year , others insist on getting the Certified version. I included a link for the request, prepare and send it out, but even though they promise a 6 week turnaround…expect delays. 

But at least you will have it, in case at the interview, your consulate wants the Certified SS Statement, you will be prepared.

Thank you so much for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.