FarahS

CEAC Status REFUSED / Interview said APPROVED

58 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, FarahS said:

Hello Ahmed,

The embassy sent us an email one week after the interview to inform us that his case is going through Administrative Processing and that they do not know how long that would take. And then the very next day the mailed back the passport via SLS and sent an email for us to pick it up and it was empty, as in no visas stamped or a denial letter attached. So I am being told that this means they know the AP will take a long time and do not want to keep the passport with them during the process and when/if the visa is issued, they will send to us so we can send them the passport back. Please keep me posted via this thread if anything new happens with you case and I will update you too. E7na keda sab2inak be esboo3 ta2riban.

Okay tmam Ana kda kda isA h let you know , mmkn a3rf lw sm7t how long did it take b3d m l case et7wlt l refused l8ayt m homma sent you El passport ? Aw emailed you in general ? 

1 minute ago, Ahmed Nashat said:

Hello Farah , what happened to you exactly happened to me tho, they called me brdo after a week for AP followed by email to file that form .. any updates for you? 

Hi Ahmed,

Nobody called us, they just sent us an email and then sent the passport back empty, there were no forms for us to file! Now I'm worried, should I email them?

Wait they just sent you the passport without any form and not followed by any email?? Cause I never heard that tbh in Cairo Embassy! 

For me, as I told you, homma called me exactly one week after the interview telling me we will send back your passport for " extra " AP , then opened my email couple mins after found out they sent me Email I can send it to you to check for something similar 3ndk ..

3 minutes ago, Ahmed Nashat said:

Wait they just sent you the passport without any form and not followed by any email?? Cause I never heard that tbh in Cairo Embassy! 

For me, as I told you, homma called me exactly one week after the interview telling me we will send back your passport for " extra " AP , then opened my email couple mins after found out they sent me Email I can send it to you to check for something similar 3ndk ..

No, maba3toosh any forms and nobody called us. They just sent an email to inform us the case is now in AP then sent another email that the passport is ready. When we picked it up it was empty!! Should I email them to inquire?

2 minutes ago, FarahS said:

No, maba3toosh any forms and nobody called us. They just sent an email to inform us the case is now in AP then sent another email that the passport is ready. When we picked it up it was empty!! Should I email them to inquire?

Tyb so email them kda ask them if there is any update on your case ... W I think en ente kda msh mtlobb mnk anything but just waiting .. and keep checking case last update f CEAC .. wna lw feh any update in my case h let you know isA as I can see we have almost similar situation

This is very weird! Eshme3na ehna they didn't call us 😃 any way yes I will email them and of course I will keep u updated if anything comes up soon.

5 hours ago, Ahmed Nashat said:

Hello Farah , what happened to you exactly happened to me tho, they called me brdo after a week for AP followed by email to file that form .. any updates for you? 

Tyb so email them kda ask them if there is any update on your case ... W I think en ente kda msh mtlobb mnk anything but just waiting .. and keep checking case last update f CEAC .. wna lw feh any update in my case h let you know isA as I can see we have almost similar situation

This is very weird! Eshme3na ehna they didn't call us 😃 any way yes I will email them and of course I will keep u updated if anything comes up soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

we are in the same situation, my husband had his interview february 17 2022, he was told visa was approved ask him to back february 22, 2022 to pick up his visa. but, no visa. after 2 weeks they returned his passport and was issued the form DS5535. its been little over a month with no update. we are not sure on how long the AP will take, and no new update. Dakar embassy

1 hour ago, FarahS said:

Good luck isA , Ana lw feh any update 3nde h let you know hna brdo .. 

1 minute ago, MariamTall said:

we are in the same situation, my husband had his interview february 17 2022, he was told visa was approved ask him to back february 22, 2022 to pick up his visa. but, no visa. after 2 weeks they returned his passport and was issued the form DS5535. its been little over a month with no update. we are not sure on how long the AP will take, and no new update. Dakar embassy

Yepp same here, I filled the form last week and now waiting, idk what's going on and why is that happening alot nowadays!! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ahmed Nashat said:

Good luck isA , Ana lw feh any update 3nde h let you know hna brdo .. 

Yepp same here, I filled the form last week and now waiting, idk what's going on and why is that happening alot nowadays!! 

I am not sure, but its happening alot and there is nothing you can do but wait

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 4/21/2022 at 11:21 AM, MariamTall said:

I am currently going through the same situation at Dakar embassy. My husband had his interview on April 12, 2022. After my husband interview they handed him a form stating he was in AP. They emailed him the DS5535 a couple of hours after and said for us to return in back immediately on word doc. We returned it the next day and received an email that it was received. Are you still in AP?  

Timeline
36 minutes ago, eveluxury said:

I am currently going through the same situation at Dakar embassy. My husband had his interview on April 12, 2022. After my husband interview they handed him a form stating he was in AP. They emailed him the DS5535 a couple of hours after and said for us to return in back immediately on word doc. We returned it the next day and received an email that it was received. Are you still in AP?  

Wow, it’s crazy. I emailed them last week , asking if there is any update . But I didn’t receive a reply yet. Keep me posted if you have any new developments. I’m praying for good outcome 🙏🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
10 minutes ago, MariamTall said:

Wow, it’s crazy. I emailed them last week , asking if there is any update . But I didn’t receive a reply yet. Keep me posted if you have any new developments. I’m praying for good outcome 🙏🏾

Very crazy. Were they anything else your husband was missing at the interview besides them handing him the form?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.